Sibley Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

Featured review
Sibley Memorial Hospital selected this as a representative review
Productive and demanding work
Environmental Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2018
Sibley is a great place to work. Never know what to expect in a typical day at work. Priorities change based on our patient needs. Sibley is an organization that promotes innovation and design thinking. I've learned to think LEAN. The management of the organization push you to get the best of you. The worplace culture encourage employees to use innovation and execute ideas.
Pros
Promotes development
Ilove deeling with patients and cleaning behind them.
Housekeeper/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2019
I like cleaning and smelling a nice clean areas of the hospital. The best thing about the hospital is the benefits, and I also like working overnight/ and the mornings because you see the patients in the morning and you see them before they goy to sleep.
Sibley Hospital
Medical Oncology Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 8, 2019
It is truly a great hospital to work for. I have learned so much there and have built my experience in radiation and medical oncology. I feel blessed to work for an organization where I have learned and grown tremendously.
Too many people with little experience are running this hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 27, 2019
Sibley has grown exponentially in the past year, and managment is not offering new staff to care for the vastly increased patient load the hospital is experiencing.
Core values
Admissions Representative/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 27, 2019
My review was approved, madatory every six months l love the fact that I'm able to multitask as an adminssions representative/secretary, as well as a surgical tech. I enjoy the patients and their families/loved ones. My department works really hard, and we work together as a team. Management is also very important, always recruiting good employees.
Pros
I love my department/hours of employment.
Cons
Shuttle hours changed.
Great Local Hospital
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 29, 2019
Sibley is a great place to work. It's struggling with growing pains since becoming part of a health system and the ever changing landscape of healthcare deliverance.
Do not work here!!!!
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 4, 2019
They treat you like trash. The rooms are always dirty and staff is rude. They dont care about employees. They are extremely mean towards african american people. The pay is way to low for the amount of work given. Management is horrible and they need to be fired immediately. They preach about diversity but do not portray it. Do not work here or get care from them.
Pros
Cons
Immature management.
Stressful working evnironment
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 20, 2019
Highly stressful place to work and ineffective leadership. Often felt that management cared little about the lives of employees outside of the hospital
Cons
1 15 minuted break per day, which I was never able to take. Little chance of advancement
Clinical technican
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 9, 2019
I work with adult care patients and assist with daily actives of living. I answer multi phones lines assisting customers with concerns. I greeted everyone that enter and leave the unit.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Heavy work
flexible hours
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2019
My department at Sibley has always went above and beyond to meet my needs in regards to my schedule. My coworkers were always helpful and willing to trade shifts with me if needed.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long commute
Cool place to work. Loved my department
Breastfeeding Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2019
Love helping other people at the cost of myself. Like any essential place they will work you if you let them. I worked in Women’s and Infants teaching new mommies how to breastfeed.
Fast paced and friendly work environment
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2019
Typically my job supporting the nursing staff and administrative staff with clerical work. The hardest part of the job is the lack of teamwork and collaborative efforts to make the workflow easier.
Busy Place to work
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 1, 2019
I worked at Emergency Department and it is always busy. Everyday is different. Always unpredictable. Need to deal with people from all walks of lives and diverse backgrounds.
It's a good start
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2018
This place is ok for someone who wants to put their medical assistant skills to good use. It's a great place for people who have no kids. I believe you can thrive in this environment if you want to.
Pros
Three days a week
Cons
Flexibility
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 13, 2018
Working as a Customer Assistant was absolutely enriching. It taught me a lot about customer service. I enjoyed the people I worked with because they were helpful. The hardest thing about the job was working the hours I had. I was unable to attend school and go to work. So I chose to go to school. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to talk to the Manager if there was a problem.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Evening hours
Sterile processing technician
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 9, 2018
It was a wonderful experience. There were great job benefits. The work environment is fast paced for the sterile processing technicians. I had a good time working there and would recommend it.
busy but manageable
Infusion Center Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2018
Even though it is busy to participate, they have free gym, relaxation room and other employee involvement programs that I did not see in other hospitals.
Pros
Free parking and free gym.
Cons
health care benefits are a little bit expensive, time offs are bundled together with holidays and vacations
productive and safe place to work good patient care services
SURGICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2018
very strong origination that need some improvement It would be an Amazing place to work if the management listen an offer opportunity
to growth and move forward with their career
med surge 7th floor
RN II John Hopkins (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 30, 2018
A typical day consists of 5-6 patients. And numerous admissions and discharges all day, instead of having sitters for patients whom are of harm to themselves; they will use a Tech which in turn takes away from staffing. Charge nurses have 5-6 patients and can't be of assistance to you being as though they are overwhelmed. Poor staffing and turn around rate. The lack of union representation plays a role as well.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short staffed
Be a Family
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 1, 2018
The hospital was warm place the patient enjoyed the services, and employee, enjoyed the patient. It was a pleasure to come in and we enjoyed our day not as just a job, we care for it more.
Pros
Community of blended People, enjoying serving each other.
Nice place to work.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 14, 2018
Good pay, flexible schedule, paid vacation, and great teammates. I enjoyed my time at Sibley. We were asked to go beyond what normal security is accustomed to which help us acquire new skills.
Pros
Paid Vaction Great pay
Cons
Rigid Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sibley Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location