Sibley Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Featured review
Sibley Memorial Hospital selected this as a representative review
Productive and demanding work
Environmental Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2018
Sibley is a great place to work. Never know what to expect in a typical day at work. Priorities change based on our patient needs. Sibley is an organization that promotes innovation and design thinking. I've learned to think LEAN. The management of the organization push you to get the best of you. The worplace culture encourage employees to use innovation and execute ideas.
Pros
Promotes development
flexible hours
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 22, 2019
My department at Sibley has always went above and beyond to meet my needs in regards to my schedule. My coworkers were always helpful and willing to trade shifts with me if needed.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long commute
Bedside RN
Part- time RN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2018
Use to be a great community hospital but has undergone a lot of change since joining with Johns Hopkins. Needs a management overhaul! Sought a new position because bedside staff was not supported.
poor working environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 6, 2017
Management frequently plays favorites. The hospital wants to cut costs, and is not concerned with safety. Absolutely no value given to long term employees.
Great Coworkers
RN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2017
Loved working there until the merger. Became very cutthroat and it was all the Benjamin's. Affluent patients and felt like a maid and not a nurse. Long commute and had to leave home at around 5am.
fun work place
RN clinical rotation. (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCDecember 5, 2016
a typical day is very busy and the coworkers are very friendly and cooperative. I learned that communication can break mountains. the most enjoyable part is when i provide my patients the care they need..
Advancing in opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2016
Because Sibley has merged with John Hopkins, there are great opportunities available. Sibley has a great team work approach which is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free parking, small environment
Cons
low pay
Undergoing many changes.
RN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2016
A dramatic change in senior management has facilitated a negative and less supportive change in the workplace culture. Although they are good leaders, some directors are being placed in positions where they have little to no experience.
Pros
Good benefit package
Great Place to work if looking for a laid back atmosphere
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2015
Any given day can bring new challenges- whether is light and easy patient load to a series of multiple admissions and discharges within one shift. I learned that jumping for the first opportunity to work somewhere is not wise. More research is required to know if you and the company/ unit are a good fit. Management that I have dealt with seem nonchalant about the more important issues, and high strung about simple matters. Working well with people who would rather not be at work at all is the hardest part about working there. I love to meet and/or speak with patients and families about their personal experience while in the hospital. The hospital should not make a person give up hope or feel like they are a burden to anyone.
Pros
patient population
Cons
short breaks, bad benefits package, working conditions in some units
Productive workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 26, 2014
• Management of Antepartum and Postpartum patients
• Initial care of newborns
• Invasive and non-invasive neonatal screenings
• Patient and family education
• Clinical decision making/ prioritization
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Long commute