Sibley Memorial Hospital Culture reviews

Featured review
Sibley Memorial Hospital selected this as a representative review
Productive and demanding work
Environmental Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2018
Sibley is a great place to work. Never know what to expect in a typical day at work. Priorities change based on our patient needs. Sibley is an organization that promotes innovation and design thinking. I've learned to think LEAN. The management of the organization push you to get the best of you. The worplace culture encourage employees to use innovation and execute ideas.
Pros
Promotes development
Fast paced and friendly work environment
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 7, 2019
Typically my job supporting the nursing staff and administrative staff with clerical work. The hardest part of the job is the lack of teamwork and collaborative efforts to make the workflow easier.
productive,competitive, and fun enviroment
Administrative Assistant- Oncology Dept (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2018
I've been employed at Sibley for the past 10 years. I really enjoy providing excellent customer service and care to patients. I learned a lot of medical terminology, customer service, and how to provide exceptional care to others
Pros
teamwork, competitive
Cons
healthcare, time off, paid vacations
Not always the best place to work
Lead Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2018
Sadly as part of the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, the sight of patient care and employee satisfaction does not always come first. Compensation for the employees is not as competitive as the wages other hospitals in the DC area give.
Great Hospital
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2018
I loved working here for the most part. I would definitely return in the future. A large array of procedures are performed here. It would provide great experience for anyone.
Amazing!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2018
I volunteered here and had an amazing experience. The people were nice and always willing to lend a helping hand. I learned so much from people who were so eager to teach.
Na
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 5, 2018
Excellent Place to work
Communication Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2018
Being part of Sibley Hospital employee is such a great honor. Such a nice place to work with and the hospital staff are friendly. Management is very understandable and willing to help you out if in needs.
na
OPERATING ROOM BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 10, 2018
Culture is rough for staff. The staff feel as if management is constantly looking to fire them. I had several staff members tell me that they just wanted to keep their head down and just get their job down and go home.
A Typical day at Sibley
Special Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2018
I've work here for 6-years I like working with the staff, patients, and visitors. the hardest part of working here is when someone pass a way. Working around people gives me joy
Registered Nurse Medical/Surgical (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 6, 2017
Johns Hopkins Health System is a great place to work. The culture that is provides is excellent and the diversity of the working environment is great.
N/a
Lead Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20016August 17, 2017
A typical day at work is busy. My workplace culture is that of a diverse background. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the residents smile at me this lets me know that they are happy with my work.
Very comfortable work environment.
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 9, 2017
Lots of support for staff to recharge/rest. Support for nursing mothers,, excellent training for clinical staff, excellent design team teaches staff to innovate.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria for 3 meals at bargain prices
Cons
could use more quiet areas to have breaks.
Great place to work !
Safety & Security Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2017
The typical day at Sibley as a safety & security officer was busy.
I learn that our patient come first.
management was always there to help or pitch in.
work place culture was great.
Coming in when it snow and not being able to go home.
Helping our patient and making sure they are safe.
Great place to work and improve
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 25, 2017
Great place to achieve your goals and improve your knowledge and skills. Sibley is productive and fun workplace with friendly staff and opportunities to grow.
fun work place
RN clinical rotation. (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCDecember 5, 2016
a typical day is very busy and the coworkers are very friendly and cooperative. I learned that communication can break mountains. the most enjoyable part is when i provide my patients the care they need..
Company oriented health care policies
Registered Nurse/ICU (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2016
Great location in the northwest DC area. I Had a great team to work with in the PACU and the ICU. We all worked well together and had many an enjoyable work days. We had a good mix of cultures.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Managment is poor
Advancing in opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2016
Because Sibley has merged with John Hopkins, there are great opportunities available. Sibley has a great team work approach which is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free parking, small environment
Cons
low pay
Undergoing many changes.
RN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2016
A dramatic change in senior management has facilitated a negative and less supportive change in the workplace culture. Although they are good leaders, some directors are being placed in positions where they have little to no experience.
Pros
Good benefit package
Fun Place to work at
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2016
Sibley Memorial was a great place to work at. I always felt welcomed and was payed well too. The people there were amazing. They were active, very kind, and perfect. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Easy work to do
Cons
Was very far
Great Environment
customer service ambassador (Current Employee) –  Washingfton DCSeptember 9, 2015
Sibley is a great place to work, great environment, great co workers.
A normal day at Sibley is helping out people all day, making sure we are giving patients and visitors the best customer. The most enjoyable part of my day is when people leave with a smile.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sibley Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location