Sibley Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sibley Memorial Hospital selected this as a representative review
Productive and demanding work
Environmental Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2018
Sibley is a great place to work. Never know what to expect in a typical day at work. Priorities change based on our patient needs. Sibley is an organization that promotes innovation and design thinking. I've learned to think LEAN. The management of the organization push you to get the best of you. The worplace culture encourage employees to use innovation and execute ideas.
Pros
Promotes development
Not terrible
Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2017
Hospital is not in great area for public transportation, not much advancement in my dept,Interesting people, not much advancement, so-so educational assistance
Pros
health insurance
Cons
terrible team, bad pay
N/a
Lead Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20016August 17, 2017
A typical day at work is busy. My workplace culture is that of a diverse background. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the residents smile at me this lets me know that they are happy with my work.
Good to place to work with good people.
Food Assembler (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2017
Working in the cafeteria, is a fun place. We prepare the food for the day and sanitize the area for guest and patients to be served. Then deliver the food to patients and their guest. In addition, give good customer service to all patients and guest of the hospital. Lastly, when the shift is over, clean and sanitize all dish wear and silver wear for the next day.
Very comfortable work environment.
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 9, 2017
Lots of support for staff to recharge/rest. Support for nursing mothers,, excellent training for clinical staff, excellent design team teaches staff to innovate.
Pros
Excellent cafeteria for 3 meals at bargain prices
Cons
could use more quiet areas to have breaks.
Great Teamwork
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 25, 2017
Work place is clean staff is great. I love my position. Now they are doing budget cuts and people are very concerned. I don't approve of how CEO went about letting staff know.
Great place to work !
Safety & Security Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2017
The typical day at Sibley as a safety & security officer was busy.
I learn that our patient come first.
management was always there to help or pitch in.
work place culture was great.
Coming in when it snow and not being able to go home.
Helping our patient and making sure they are safe.
Great Coworkers
RN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2017
Loved working there until the merger. Became very cutthroat and it was all the Benjamin's. Affluent patients and felt like a maid and not a nurse. Long commute and had to leave home at around 5am.
great place to work
Sterile Processing Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 9, 2017
Very productive and good employer care greatly about there employee and community. all around great place to work . The people come from all over the world and the food is excellent. they have one the great Labor and Delivery Deptment. I every seen. Top norch OR in the country. everybody is like family so Iwould tell people to visit for the experice.
Pros
Shuddlle bus
Cons
Good health care
One of the best places I have ever worked.
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 2, 2017
Management was supportive and professional training and growth encouragement.
In the 4 years I worked there I learned a lot of ORACLE and Lawson System Administration.
My manager was excellent.

Was acquired by Johns Hopkins who refused to convert Lawson support staff to SAP.
Takes the fun out of dysfunctional
Shadow (Former Employee) –  Washington DCJune 1, 2017
Idiot admins running this place. Dollars the bottom line. Technical staff cut to the bone while JH managers try to figure out how to cut costs- patient impact? I will never use this hospital due to the mismanagement and rapacious attitude toward personnel - quite possibly, a hospital in Havana, Cuba, would be a better choice,
Pros
Any possibility of firing/renoving brain-dead administratos
Cons
See post
Great place to work but no room for growth via management
Why (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2017
I have learned so much but looking to move into management but no positions available. Employee's work and stay at sibley for years. Low turnover rate.
Pros
Great vacation
Cons
No room to advance into management
An amazing plus to my experience at the Hospital
Head cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2017
Very healthy food cooked on a daily basis for Heart diseases patients. Here I learned different food allergies and special diet for different diseases and pre- and post- surgery.
Productive place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2017
I volunteered in various places at Sibley, and the experience really depends on where you are volunteering. I volunteer on the orthopedic floor, where I answered call buttons, prepared new patient kits, and answered the phones when necessary. I also volunteered in the emergency department where I cleaned the rooms after patients left.
Pros
4 hour shifts, flexible
Cons
not a lot of patient interaction
Awesome
Phlebotomist/Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 25, 2017
Nice environment to work and get treatment. Friendly nurses and doctors.
Clean environment, good food,
Ther staffs are caring and passionate. Will recommend sibley to everyone.
Horrible place to work
Mammographer Interventional Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 22, 2017
If you don't want to have a nightmare experience, forget about to work in Sibley. They managers do whatever they want with the employees ,no respect at all.
Pros
Cons
Harrasment
Happy to work in that place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 5, 2017
I like sibley very nice people and good place to work with. They treat peole fair and they will listen to you if you have any problem related to your job
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short breaka
Great place to work and improve
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 25, 2017
Great place to achieve your goals and improve your knowledge and skills. Sibley is productive and fun workplace with friendly staff and opportunities to grow.
fun work place
RN clinical rotation. (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCDecember 5, 2016
a typical day is very busy and the coworkers are very friendly and cooperative. I learned that communication can break mountains. the most enjoyable part is when i provide my patients the care they need..
New Hospital, Very Clean Environment
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 2, 2016
A typical work day is not stressful. Pleasant work environment. Management is decent. Do your job and you are okay. Co-workers are nice and work as team-players. The hardest part of my job is getting up at 4:30 Monday-Friday. I work in a stress-free environment. and I enjoy what I do.
Pros
Very Clean Environment to come to work everyday.
Cons
When you need to speak with adminstration it is hard to reach.
Excellent place to work!
Lead Imaging Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 24, 2016
This is the best place I've ever worked. Everyone is like family and is always there for each other to help out. The management from upper to lower truly cares about their employee's and do whatever they can to take care of them. Benefits are excellent! Plenty of room for advancement or seeking other jobs within the company.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sibley Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location