Sibley Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sibley Memorial Hospital selected this as a representative review
Productive and demanding work
Environmental Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2018
Sibley is a great place to work. Never know what to expect in a typical day at work. Priorities change based on our patient needs. Sibley is an organization that promotes innovation and design thinking. I've learned to think LEAN. The management of the organization push you to get the best of you. The worplace culture encourage employees to use innovation and execute ideas.
Pros
Promotes development
Expanding hospital pleasant atmosphere
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 4, 2016
Sibley is a family oriented hospital for the staff as well as the patients we care for. It is one of the leading hospitals focusing on well rounded care.
Pros
free parking
Cons
traffic going to work
Family
Administrative Healthcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 30, 2016
This place is where you can be you work with great patient's. The typical day is fast pace an very exciting, you never know what a day would be. The hospital is different than your regular office.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Pay
On call
Staff technologist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 1, 2016
I only work there for on call but communication with lead techs is always open and informative of any changes in policies and procedures.
Pros
communication is excellent
Excellent professional workplace
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 16, 2016
Enjoyed the great experience with numerous professionals who allowed me the opportunity to develop and hone my sonography skills in multiple modalities.
Pros
Professional enviroment
Cons
Nothing worth remembering
Company oriented health care policies
Registered Nurse/ICU (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2016
Great location in the northwest DC area. I Had a great team to work with in the PACU and the ICU. We all worked well together and had many an enjoyable work days. We had a good mix of cultures.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Managment is poor
Advancing in opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2016
Because Sibley has merged with John Hopkins, there are great opportunities available. Sibley has a great team work approach which is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free parking, small environment
Cons
low pay
Old Way
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2016
Sibley Hospital is still functioning from the 1980's care model. The working atmosphere is almost similar to a dysfunctional family relationship. The manager are all for themselves, and will throw anyone under the bus. They also tend to cater to upper middle class, and tend to frown down on lower middle class. If you have over flow of $$$ Sibley, is a great hospital. The pay sucks for employees
Undergoing many changes.
RN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 9, 2016
A dramatic change in senior management has facilitated a negative and less supportive change in the workplace culture. Although they are good leaders, some directors are being placed in positions where they have little to no experience.
Pros
Good benefit package
fun-loving envioronment
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2016
loved everything about it I moved back home. I liked all of my patients and they liked me the families of the patients liked me I truly enjoyed my patients. One of my patients passed away and left me a sum of money who would have thought that a patient would leave you a 1,000.I appreciated too.
Pros
freelunches
Cons
nobreaks
Fun Place to work at
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2016
Sibley Memorial was a great place to work at. I always felt welcomed and was payed well too. The people there were amazing. They were active, very kind, and perfect. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Easy work to do
Cons
Was very far
My Review
Care Manager (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 10, 2016
Educational place to work. The employers and employees work together. Some of the residents are nice and helpful. Sometimes the nurses helps out the care managers.
Caring for the elderly
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2016
A typical work day is assessing patients conditions, communicate with their doctors when necessary, Administer medications and injections, Complete a 24 hour report, insulin administration, and dressing wounds. I have developed implementing these skills over the course of several years. I work well along with my coworkers to communicate and complete tasks assigned to us. The toughest part of this job is caring for many patients in a given amount of time and being effective at this. Although caring and seeing your patient improve and get well is the most rewarding part of this job.
not a good place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 18, 2016
i believe sibley hospital can be better dont like it since john hopkins took it over asking for a background check deeply and dont pay enough money
Thankful for the experience and gained a lot of knowledge
Mammographer/Breast Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 10, 2015
Great place to learn and work. I learned how to multitask and this job gave me the tools to advance into breast interventional radiology.
great place to work for
housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 6, 2015
A typical work day at sibley is you always have something to even if your finished i love working around the people i work with and i enjoy all the residents and patents i come in contact with
excellent
Medical Technologist II (Generalist) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 1, 2015
I enjoy working at Sibley, I was awarded a position at Sibley as Medical Technologist II. I am willing to learn and continue working for Sibley. I was given an opportunity, and I intend to make the most of it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long driving to work
Great Place to work if looking for a laid back atmosphere
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 20, 2015
Any given day can bring new challenges- whether is light and easy patient load to a series of multiple admissions and discharges within one shift. I learned that jumping for the first opportunity to work somewhere is not wise. More research is required to know if you and the company/ unit are a good fit. Management that I have dealt with seem nonchalant about the more important issues, and high strung about simple matters. Working well with people who would rather not be at work at all is the hardest part about working there. I love to meet and/or speak with patients and families about their personal experience while in the hospital. The hospital should not make a person give up hope or feel like they are a burden to anyone.
Pros
patient population
Cons
short breaks, bad benefits package, working conditions in some units
Great Environment
customer service ambassador (Current Employee) –  Washingfton DCSeptember 9, 2015
Sibley is a great place to work, great environment, great co workers.
A normal day at Sibley is helping out people all day, making sure we are giving patients and visitors the best customer. The most enjoyable part of my day is when people leave with a smile.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits.
intern training
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 8, 2015
Great learning environment for a budding professional in the field. Attentive and skilled staff providing excellent feedback and skills training.
cassandra white
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2015
Very challenging i work with a union deal with a lot of call outs
I learn how manage people
make lots of decision with employees working station
co workers are helpful
the union rules
working with the students that attend the university

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sibley Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location