Sibley Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sibley Memorial Hospital selected this as a representative review
Productive and demanding work
Environmental Services Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2018
Sibley is a great place to work. Never know what to expect in a typical day at work. Priorities change based on our patient needs. Sibley is an organization that promotes innovation and design thinking. I've learned to think LEAN. The management of the organization push you to get the best of you. The worplace culture encourage employees to use innovation and execute ideas.
Pros
Promotes development
Department of Psychiatry is Interesting
Lead Program Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 12, 2015
A typical work day for me consists of interacting with the staff both in patient and out patient. Some days are good and quiet and others are intense. We have a variety of patients that have special needs and wants. I've learned a lot working in Psychiatry which has helped me to identify mental illnesses and assist in intervention. My co-workers and I work together as a team to attend to the patients need on a day to day basis. Working closely with the nurse manager and Director, I have gained a lot of managerial skills as well. I enjoy working in Psychiatry. It makes my day very educational and interesting. I would say there is never a dull moment.
Pros
Excellent Incentives
Cons
Short Staff
Great management team and cooperative staff members
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 22, 2015
It is important to communicate with the management team at all times of the day to successfully carry out tasks. The co workers were really nice and easy to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting up with everyone during break. I learned that having a good relationship with the people you work with is very important.
Pros
Great pay, provides healthcare
i did clinicals for my RN here
Registered Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  D.C.July 7, 2015
I did clinical for my RN here. I learned how to operate as an RN in the hospital. SIBLEY/John Hopkins Is a great teaching hospital
Pros
great clinicals
Cons
too short
Hard work
Retail Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2015
Job security has been a hot topic lately. It is hard to maintain the prestige with limit staff. Work is becoming harder everyday with limited support.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
schedule
Secretary Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2015
Great place to work. Very helpful with keeping employees up to date on latest innovations in healthcare.
Helpful and knowledgeable leaders,also great working relationship with those in charge.
Pros
Decent salaries
Cons
Can be stressful, however the company helps employees with stress management
Sibley Memorial Hospital
PACU Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington DCJune 12, 2015
My first place of employment. Throughly enjoyed my experiences there. It was a great learning enviroment and the senior nurses were always willing to teach.
challenging yet rewarding
Secretarial Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 2, 2015
very good place to work but alot of changes going on. would be an Ideal place to work once everything is in place and up and running
good work place environment
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2015
Management supportive of career growth
nice work environment, co-workers are like a family.
Wish lunch and breaks were a bit longer.
productive place to work if you love helping others
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 25, 2015
a typical day at sibley is never a dull day, we get to meet all kind of people from local to international.

What i have learned is that i am a people person and i love helping others

good management

good co-workers

the hardest part of the job is seeing other people's pain

the most enjoyable part of the job is helping others and seeing them smiling
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Ups and downs in this work environment.
Administrative Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2015
The day varies. Sometimes it is a fun, productive atmosphere; often it gets quite hectic. During these times we are often under staffed.

The management varies also. There are those who seem to genuinely care about the staff and others who just seem to focus on the finances of the hospital.

The most difficult part of the job is when we as staff, feel that we are being taken advantage of.

The most enjoyable part of this job is helping those around me. I especially like it when a patient or family member is happy because of something I did for them!
Excellent Working Conditions
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2015
Very friendly clients and management staff. Experienced Human Resources Department. Wonderfully informative two day employee orientation process. Beautiful Hospital Campus
Great staff to work with
SECRETARIAL ASSOCIATE II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2015
Nurses, Doctors and other secretarial associates were fun to work with. I had an enjoyable work day but did not expect to be unemployed after being a dedicated employee of 11 years.
Pros
free classes, health fair, healthcare available
Cons
change in housr, inconsitant scheduling
Well organized and fun work place.
Safety & Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 5, 2015
Enjoy working with the medical staff and coworkers are team players. Gain a lot of experience dealing with all kinds of people as a safety & security officer. Typical day consist of performing daily rounds as an officer to observe and report any discrepancies. Respond to all calls to assist the medical staff and perform various drills with all the departments.
Pros
Good benefits, fun work environment
Cons
Excessive mundane duties that are unnecessary for the safety & security department.
Very Professional place to work for
Correspondence Secretary in Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 23, 2014
Knowledgeable co-workers, fast paced, promote advancement.
nice place to work but there is no senority
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2014
a typical day at work is fun and fast pace,i love my coworkers we work as a team.the hardest part of my job is to see family members upset,the most enjoyable part of my job is when we save a life.
Pros
free parking
Cons
your job can be abolished with a 45 days with no notice
productive place of growth
LABORTORY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2014
the job place was a beautiful environment where everyone is open and is eager
Pros
no micro management
Cons
short breaks
Productive workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 26, 2014
• Management of Antepartum and Postpartum patients
• Initial care of newborns
• Invasive and non-invasive neonatal screenings
• Patient and family education
• Clinical decision making/ prioritization
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Long commute
Great hospital to work for
Administrative Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 24, 2014
This is a great friendly work environment, They do an extensive background investigation. It was like I was applying for FBI or something. Always check behind HR and always respond through email so you can track what they say.
Pros
I am so happy finally working my own department
Cons
HR lost my paper work.
Unhealthy work environment
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2014
My experience during the application process was wonderful. Human resources was friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The manager of the department was enthusiastic, open, and boasted his belief in a great work/life balance. After accepting the job, it all went downhill.

Human resources was difficult to get in touch with regarding orientation and a start date. The manager deferred everything to them. I was not able to attend orientation until two months after my start date. The HR assistant handling my onboarding did not have answers to basic questions such as was a new hire physical required to be done in employee health and they did not make an attempt to find the answer nor direct me to where I could find an answer.

Management was passive aggressive, fostered a negative and gossipy work environment, changed schedule requirements and expectations without warning, and put up barriers between his staff and other key players.

The staff in occupation health and safety are the most unprofessional and rude "professionals" I have ever encountered.

The overall atmosphere of the organization was negative and unwelcoming which was apparent once I was finally allowed to attend new hire orientation.

When I reached the point that I could not try to make it work any longer, I met with HR. The recruiter was understanding, respectful, and helpful. However, the manager decided to change my schedule for the final two weeks to the point that it was not possible for me to complete the two weeks.
Best place for nursing students to gain RN skills
Nurse Extern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 4, 2014
There is so much to learn. The best part, you get paid to learn!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sibley Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Sibley Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location