SICK, Inc.

SICK, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States37 reviews
Changing over from a small close knit atmosphere to a large corporation. Although they have become increasingly impersonal due to rapid growth, SICK tries very hard to keep close personal relationships.
It was a temporary contract position I was successful in recruiting and hiring candidates working with the managers however the HR staff was hands off and never spoke to me
An inclusive work environment where everyone’s input is welcome. Opportunities exist for staff development and progress with good manager feedback. Lots of opportunity for growth.
I find it very difficult to move up in the company. They don't have a hang on helping employees move up in positions. They tend to hire people from outside the job rather than hire from with in to company.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Easy work but in a construction setting. You will get dirty.Technology is interesting and growing field. Raises are far and few, so get your money upfront. Management only contacts you when there's a problem. Your always on your own.
This was a fast paced position with a lot of rewarding goals. The team all worked together like a family. They had a lot of fun activities for the employees
Pros
flexible hours fun work environment
Cons
could be stressful working with customs and FDA
Excellent company when it comes to social life. The always create events to make sure the employee gather together.
Tech Support department is not for everyone. It involves long hours and also being on call whole night during the week and during the weekend.
High work volume, very stressful, thrown to the wolves management can't do your job and has not a clue on what to do. People are somewhat friendly. Can move up.
Overall positive culture and good corporate citizen, but can be very dark in select situations, terminating folks with no warning and almost no compensation following separation. LA and FA divisions are probably very good environments, but PA is struggling.
Place to competitive with al people too fast to make product and packthem too not good comunication and place to advance none too stresfull to work there
So the company has good healthcare but you cant use it! You are forced to postpone your appointments! time off is allways denied! Paid vacation yes! But you cant go on vacation when you want it has to be when the company feels like it you most likely going to loose your pto because they dont pay anything back not to metion people are rude and careless for you there are no chances of groing career wise at this place! Kiss some butt and you mite get somewere !

when you want 95% of the time your time request will get denied
Plenty of work. Room for advancement. However not enough warehouse space to store all inventory, so it feels unsafe. Also there is an atmosphere of favoritism.
I retired from SICK 2.5 years ago. Not sure what it is like now.
While I was there it was good for me. Every day was pleasant and I enjoyed goiny to work.
There are many employees who have been working for SICK for over 25 years. The feel of the office is very much, "Family Feel". Management is getting better at listening to requests of employees.
Due to poor management and culture changes a place that was great to work for turned into a stressful call center. The only reason that I stayed there for the last 2 years was due to the very good benefits.
Working for SICK was a bit stressful. I did a lot order entry but performed a lot of other tasks around the office. My role was new so I got a lot inquiries that was directed to other departments and it took a while to figure that out. I didn't like that the managers had "favorites".
TECH SUPPORT:
-NO Training

-NO Guidance

-NO Explanation of how things work

-Here is your desk, try to learn everything ASAP, there is a lab in the corner, go figure it out.... I'll see you whenever or never.

-Issues with interdepartmental communication

-NO Clear Vision of how to help customers

-NO Documentation

-SERIOUS NEED OF A TECH WIKI

Besides a complete lack of leadership by management in MA and MN and an overall ambiguous department mission statement its a fine place to work. There seems to be a lot of growing pains and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

In all fairness the guys I worked with were exceptional people and some of the best and determined techs I have ever spent time with.

There is no lack of brain power at SICK. However, it is not enough by itself to make a good work environment or a successful department. Management needs help. Too much is assigned to one individual. Again, great people, no organization for success.

Pros
People are great
Cons
HR Dept needs some help... lots.
Great company but somewhat fractured across the divisions and locations. At times the leadership would show impeccable drive and share company direction and other times they would falter and fail to deliver.
Sick is fun place to work and great place to start, and how to become part of the sick, good to know all products and leaning new things everyday, and get to build new products as it.
If you are someone who is looking for entry level experience, this would be a great place to start. The company culture is great and the benefits for full time employee is awesome.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
There is no such thing as a "typical" day here. I have many roles within the organization that requires me to be flexible, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks and excellent time management skills. I find that I have to 'switch gears' quite frequently throughout the day and still manage to get all goals accomplished for the day.