SID WAINER & SON Employee Reviews

Great company if you determined and driven for success
Driver (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEFebruary 10, 2019
Sid Wainer is a great company that respects it’s employees. As with any company, you will get out of it what you put in. If you have a positive attitude and a solid work ethic, are passionate about food and working for a company that values its people while putting customers first, you will be a great addition to the team. Management is exceptional and fair so long as you’re a hard worker, do whatever it takes to get the job done, communicate and take responsibility for you to the best of your ability. If you don’t mind driving a 24-26’ box truck, experiencing something new everyday and work with all walks of life in all situations professionally, thus is your gig. As with any company, situations do come up at times that require you to be professional under pressure(shortages, mispicks, customer issues, etc). It’s all about doing your part so everyone wins at the end of the day.
Pros
Relaxed, you are responsible for your success, supportive management and dispatchers, something new to learn everyday
Cons
not a gig for unmotivated folks
Great Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 1, 2019
Sid Wainer was a great place to have my internship. I got to experience every part of their company including retail, warehouse, marketing, and shipping. The culture is upbeat and collaborative.
Company seems to have lost the Family environment building from within, firing long term employees for cheaper help
Specialty food sales (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 8, 2019
Amazing products cutting edge but new upper Management is not interested in food. I would have retired with this Company but ownership seems to have lost the Hundred plus years of love of food ,now $ seems to be the driving factor now.
Fun workplace
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 5, 2019
Good job, good benefits, and nice place to work, they definitely work out with you if its something wrong, always there for what you need, really great place to work
employees are expendable
Driver (Former Employee) –  840 garrison Ave. Bronx, NYNovember 22, 2018
Transportation Supervisor is in absentia. Policies set in place to protect the company while leaving employees expendable. Mobilecast network inoperable 40% of the time. There is no uniformity regarding operations versus actual in-place procedures. This job should be used solely to acquire route delivery experience, familiarity 5 borough topography, and pallet jack operation familiarity.
Pros
Very well maintained vehicle fleet
Cons
There is no job security
the place is not bad
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAOctober 30, 2018
Money and hours are good and people alright too.. at least the specialties department of what I know I’m not sure about the other departments.........9
Pros
Money/hours
Cons
Too much overtime
Fun workplace
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 27, 2018
It’s a fun workplace but the time for start work it’s too early and it’s like the other truck drivers job in winter time it’s slow and we don’t have enough hours for work..
Free coffe and free food
Case Picker (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAOctober 9, 2018
Good company but less hours for work,peaceful place
Pros
good pay
Cons
problems with schedule, specially with half shift
Worst place to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 12, 2018
This is the worst place to work at they dont care about ur health the only want you to wprk ur a** of and get the job done as fast as they want the management in there its horrible especialy in the each cooler with their team lider gary rodriguez screming at you all the time pushing you to the edge most of time you work 6 days a week for less than 44 hrs a week and its mandatory overtime no matter if you had an emergency there write you up trust me its the worst place to work
Pros
Good friends
Cons
Bad management
Not a good company to work for
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  New BedfordJuly 15, 2018
I work for the company over 7 years lots of false promise and horrible management lots of favoritism they also let people go for no reason everyone is just a number transportation is one of the worst departments to work for ever since they had a new director of transportation take over
Pros
Cons
Everything big waste of my time and years I put in
Constant changes
Marketing Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 13, 2018
Growing company, always expanding and looking for new employees. Lots of investment possibilities. Lots to learn if you want to pay attention and show up.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overtime is excessive
Hard work but good working enviroment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 3, 2018
The company does demand hard work but the employee is paid well with good benefits. The hours for drivers are not set. Routes have to be completed leading to difficulty being home at a specified time.
Teamwork is Key
Information Technology (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAApril 11, 2018
I love working for Sid Wainer and Son. There aren't that many jobs I can enjoy waking up to each morning. Management appreciates the work and effort you dedicate to your job. Your opinion is honored regardless of your status. This is a customer first environment which shows in the dedication each and every employee works to make Sid Wainer customers happy.

Sure there is work stress and anxiety, but that is in every job. You won't find a single job that is stress free or it will get boring fast. Sid Wainer brings challenge and growth to all its employees. You just have to embrace the challenge and grow within.

Sid Wainer offers a massive employee breakroom with large screen LED TV's with sports and cooking shows playing 24/7. Cooking stations for staff to make lunch and plenty of healthy vending options. Complimentary fruit is offered to staff each and every morning. Not to mention the staff discounts in their gourmet outlet.
Pros
Professional Management, Family Environment, Friendly Staff
Horrible place to work!!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAApril 2, 2018
Poor management, inconsistency, underpaid job. Poor communication between dispatch and driver, poor equipment conditions. These people made me work on the biggest snow storm of the year in the 2016-2017 winter just to make a few bucks. Most of the customers canceled so it was a stupid move. Job pays decent only because of the overtime definitely should pay at least $18 a hour. Wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone not as a driver.
Delivery
TRANSPORTER (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMarch 7, 2018
Safety is very important to me. I had to be mindful of my surroundings. I take pride in my ability to work effectively and promptly to ensure my clients packages.
Pros
In early, out early
Cons
Working in inclemnt weather conditions
You work your butt off for minimum contributions
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 18, 2018
Wouldn’t want to work back here if they paid me $30.00 an hour work like a horse when I was there you would get 2 half hour breaks unpaid and the break room was small for the amount of people that went at the same time
Hours
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 9, 2018
I loved the hours here. I would start at 4am and be done by noon time, and if I wanted there was always another run to be made for overtime. All I had to do was make deliveries. When I got there in the morning my truck would be loaded for me,
nope
QA and Food Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 21, 2018
the company culture is false promises and not employee friendly. Managers have worked their way up and no concept of treating employees like people instead of numbers.
misleading
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Mattapoisett, MANovember 25, 2017
The temp agency that they have you go through will lie to you about jobs to fill the positions so be aware of that. I only worked there for a couple weeks before I found better opportunity. If you have trouble getting another job I guess this is better than nothing.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Its a bad job
Good job , good environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MASeptember 4, 2017
Great job, fast paced environment they make sure your trained thoroughly, and treat employees fairly. You work hard your get noticed. They appreactie hard work and a valuable work ethic.
Pros
Keeps you busy your entire shift
Cons
Seldom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SID WAINER & SON. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight