Sidney Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Decent place
Bank Teller/Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYAugust 26, 2019
They recently bumped pay up, so if you start at a teller, now you’ll be paid reasonably. I’m not quite sure about other branches, but the Norwich branch manager was a complete tool. The assistant branch manager felt More like the manager than the actual manager. I never would have left if it wasn’t for him. Other branches also have room to advance, if I were someone new going into this compan, I would try at the Sidney branch. Way more room to grow.
Productive fun place to work
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Greene, NYFebruary 7, 2019
If I didn't have to find something with full time benefits i wouldn't have left. It was a relaxed but fast paced place to work and the days flew by quickly. The staff treated each other like family.
Pros
The company treats you like a person
Cons
On your feet
Great team of coworkers
Member Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYJanuary 7, 2019
Great team of coworkers.
Fun and fast paced work environment.
Great location close to my home so commute was very good. Coworkers were not paid enough for what responsibilities were required of them.
Head Vault teller
Head Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYSeptember 29, 2018
I loved my job and loved working with the public. I enjoy helping people and problem solving. I was great at my job and loved being busy all the time.
Pros
Busy, multitasking, helping people, working with money
Cons
If someone was off had to stay late to fix error. Came in on Saturday or Sunday to fix ATM
Professional rewarding atmosphere
Loan Coordinator, Teller (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NY / Delhi NYSeptember 21, 2018
Looked forward to my day to assist my members and make the day efficient. Took pride in representing my work place.
All phases of the financial industry
Work place culture - Oneonta Oneida Street Office Exceptional - great team work.
Delhi office - unprofessional
Hardest part of job - learning of the loan process and procedures
Enjoyable part, all aspects except loans
Pros
Representing the Credit Union and learning the knowledge to help the members
Cons
Learning the loan side of the financial industry
Competitive and cut throat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYAugust 19, 2018
Upper management feel they are superior people to all the rest of the workers . Back stabbing is the order of the day. Beware of this workplace , working for a convince store would be far superior. Employees gossip about member financial issues to anyone in the community
Work Environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chenango County, NYJune 5, 2017
Not all offices may be the same, but the office I worked in had a very uncomfortable work environment. Management does not promote working as a team and it feels like there is definitely a divide between employees that work at a desk vs working behind the teller line. Compensation is also very low for job description and duties when compared to other companies with similar job tasks.
Pros
Medical Benefits Offered
Cons
Only 2 days vacation time available in first year of employment.
Productive and fun
Teller/Records Department (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYOctober 28, 2014
My day was very easy for the most part while working in the records department. I had my own desk and a pile of documents that I would scan and enter data. My co-workers and managers where the best. Then I had a baby and moved so I had to move to a different branch and that's when I became a teller. I really liked it but it was a lot of learning and remembering all the computer info for accounts and everything else and in the mean time I was going to school and a single parent having a hard time with daycare so I had to let go of a job that I worked every hard to get and wished I had never lost.
Perfect starter job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYSeptember 12, 2013
Great place for a first job! People always willing to help you learn more.
Excellent Place To Work!!!!
Assistant Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYMarch 31, 2013
There was always something going on with the community. The continuation of learning, because of all the constant changes in the banking community. SFCU is a great place to work.
Pros
bonus incentives
Cons
i felt likt a babysitter with benfits.
Fun Place to work
Branch Teller (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYJuly 23, 2012
When I worked there as a teller I had a great time, working with great people, and had a great boss.
Pros
great boss
Cons
nothing.
Vault Teller
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Sidney, NYOctober 10, 2011
A nice place to work. Can be stressful at times. Very busy.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful