Siemens AG
68Average
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Siemens AG Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA20 reviews
Work Place
Working here was very different then before. I had learn about bulding structure which was very different comig from the defense world. So I had learning curve.
It was great until it wasn't
Siemens Government Technologies was a challenging company to work for. It was in the process of growth since 2012, but after new CEO and CFO in 2018, things are quite different. New management wants to implement changes, which, is normal. But changes have taken too long. Many VPs and Directors departed in 2019, and there are too many employees learning their roles, and positions to be filled in. Finance needs better leadership. If you try to work on a direct contract, you will be in a better position, but not if you are part of back office. Benefits have always been better than other government contractors. Siemens Government Technologies is not a door to get into mother Siemens (unfortunately).
Energy Consultant intern
Typical day is busy but not very stressful, liked working a lot, helpful colleagues with a good and accommodating management. Flexible working hours and a lot to learn, focus on both personal and professional development.
Siemens was a great place to work.
Your day at Siemens was always busy; never a dull moment. The work day was at least 10 hours and full of challenges.My management team was the greatest and very supportive.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
the commute
Siemens Review
Ok place to work, They will provide you with training to do your job and send you to necessary schooling to do your job. A lot of information to consume so be prepared
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
fast paced environment
provided above average services to all vendors. Received awards and achievement accolades numerous time from management and clients from the outside.
Good and friendly place to work
Good work/life balance. competitive salaries and positively challenging environment. Company supports individual development and promotes good work/life balance.
Worst experience ever
Odd culture where failure is rewarded. Poor treatment of employees. Allowed the client to abuse the Siemens contract employees.
The worst management team I've ever had to deal with.
Pros
Cons
Management.
Very productive place to work. Dealing with both old issues and the new ones that come up each day.
A typical day begins with the "to do list" from the previous day.
I've learned that even when projects are closed out, old issues still pop up sometimes.

Great management

Great co-workers

The hardest part of the job was dealing with tech that didn't report to me directly

The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling to the places where project work was being conducted.
Review of Siemens
Working with Siemens was the ice breaker for me to get into the whole government/contracting positions. I learned how to work with groups and projects and they provided the necessary tools for me to take off and land something more challenging.
Lots of well trained personnel that are enjoyable to work with.
SGT is a difficult place to work because of all the rules and regulations the government stipulates but the people there are great to work with and I would have to say my time there was enjoyable even through some very difficult and demanding periods. I will always look back on my time there with a smile.
Pros
Able to work from home 90% of the time.
Cons
Too many managers pulling in different directions
not a bad place
i learned quite a bit while employed with this company. nothing really negative to say. co-workers were great and actually had a good time
Productive and results-oriented workplace.
Obtained a number of technical skills and developed my skill set well, as well as expanded my field of expertise. Flexible schedule as long as results are obtained.
Great company, people and product
Nothing bad to say. Learned a lot, great training and support, very supportive
Great IT department environment
Have to be dynamic and adapt with Federal contracts gains and losses.

Pretty high energy environment with excellent IT management style.

Upper management style very fluid subject to change.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and hours. Amazing co workers and direct managers.
Cons
staff size subject to contracts..
Gain great exposire to a global multinational corporate environment
Excellent company to learn and excel in more than one industry and specialty.
Pros
Exposure to a multicultural global work environment
Cons
Sometimes there could be a lack of proper direction from management
Large stable company with plenty of opportunities
Throughout the years working for Siemens Business Systems, there was continual opportunity to expand and grow skills and talents.
Good location
This was a Department of State contract. This position required overseas traveling.Managed the Technical Security Systems (TSS) installation Team that consisted of 10 Technicians/Electricians and Security installation upgrades for the State Department (Bureau of Diplomatic Security) internationally in US Embassies. Managed the installation, and repairs of wiring the Electronic Security System (ESS), various facilities electrical distribution systems (120/480 volt), electrical conduit, UPS, power supplies, access control systems (ACS),Intrusion detection systems (IDS), network control device, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) in compliance with Bureau of Diplomatic Security and National Electrical Codes (NEC). Installations, repairs and troubleshooting were performed using various electrical\ electromechanical schematics, design specification and architectal drawings.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Neat company to work for.
I worked for a great company. I guess if I had communicated more often with my boss, he would have been more aware that my sources were busy and unavailable, and so my product would not be fourthcoming. The hardest part of my job was getting to my sources. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting finished with an assignment. Unfortunately, there was too much of the former, and too little of the latter.
Overall assessment
It does have overall good people, with some that know their jobs, but the company is stuck in an overall circular motion. In some cases management does not know how to communicate our duties. When you try to perform your duties as you see fit is the only time that Management will engage to let you know how they want things done their way.

My overall experience it has a antiquated management culture set up to throw the average employee under the bus, with very little HR guidance.
Pros
some good employee that care for their work.
Cons
management just wants to look good at all cost.