Siemens AG Employee Reviews

Could be a better place to work, get rid of HR, Management, Nepotism, Favoritism, Highschool atmosphere.
Test Technician III (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NJDecember 15, 2018
Siemens Healthineers is a great company to work for. Unfortunatelly, I was hired as a Test Technician when I initially applied for an Electrical Engineering position. I later find out that this is how it works to just get a foot in the door but to never get advanced into the position "upstairs". During the hiring process, I asked HR about the engineering positions but was basically lied to because nobody really wants to work for the current floor manager and there is always a need for positions in that department. I simply said that after over 100k in student loans, I can't affort to work long in this position. As, I see it, if I was of a certain "Culture" or a "Favorite", then I too can afford to live and support my family with over 100k in student loan debt. I feel that Metrics and Key Performance Indicators are ruining the manufacturing process and hinders HR and Managements judgement and morals during the hiring process and they just focus on if the person is capable of producing "Numbers", instead of a real career path or advancement. While there, I tested so many units for the company, and cobtributed to the overall sucess for quarterly numbers, but after I applied several time for the multiple positions "Upstairs", it dawned on me that Nepotism, Favoritism, and Hour long prayers at work before lunch takes precedence over Legal business practices. American manufacturing was once a place where you had fun, listed to music, made qotas and made a decent living to support a family and not to be treated like a number and only recieve a 1% raise after three years of no raises  more... and while training multiple people during a high turnover period within our department. The NJ Department of Labor and OSHA are both very helpful in providing anonymous advice and help. Advice to CEOs is to investigate the HR department hiring practices and eliminate favoritism and nepotism in the workplace and train management effectively on OSHA, Civil Rights Laws, and Human Rights Laws.  less
Pros
Guaranteed not to last very long.
Cons
Hr, management, Metrics and KPIs, Low wages in an expensive state. Low wages for highly advanced medical devices
pawns
Desktop Support (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTDecember 14, 2018
We were bought in as temps only while Siemens was trying to hire the out going techs form the company that we ere replacing.
basically setup to fail, watch your back
Pros
Cons
Watch your back
company outsourcing too much TEMP services. Overseas
Mechanical - electrical assembler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2018
company layoff 12,000 people in 2008 just like GE energy Moving entire IT or PC computer group in orlando FL to philipines. Company fired CEO in 2008 got rid of 10 percent employees. no interest in long term players. SENORITY ignored.
Pros
company cafe
Cons
Benifits after 90 days
I work in the field, no tennis tables or group activities
Bench Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJDecember 12, 2018
Slow learning process, minimum training. Everything i have learned was in the field by my self. As field tech i service Fire Alarm systems, some of them over 30 years old. No parts, minimal technical support from costumer support, as at this point not many do know the old MXL fire security system.
Pros
Could be long career
Cons
Slow grow, minimal bonuses and raises
Good company
Manager Export Control and Customs (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MODecember 11, 2018
Good company, too bureaucratic. Advancement is very limited, long hours although your long hours recognized and compensated for. Great co-workers. Good benefits
Great work place
Instrument Tech Entry Level Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2018
Great work place, very helpful in teaching young people just getting in the field. Willing to take their time and show you how things are working. Would highly recommend.
Blowing Leagues, Softball teams 3/3 Basketball Teams Golf Outings
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCDecember 9, 2018
1) Team resource meeting, Daily Directors Meeting
2) German Based Company had to learn the culture
3) Great management Team
4) Mixed Culture well balanced
5) Implementing Work Standards and eliminating rotating shifts
6)The people
Pros
The culture of diversity
Cons
Great Place to work
Great products and people
Sales Product CT Modality Manager,So. Ca (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CADecember 5, 2018
This was a great company to work for. They have a great name and their products continue to be at the forefront of the market. The have currently the best marketing of the big four companies and the people from corporate really support the field personnel.
Pros
Marketing and product development- cutting edge
It was fine
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 29, 2018
I worked for SBS which was a subsidiary of Siemens at the time. I was placed as a contractor at customer sites. I never saw my manager and so it was difficult to get updates and reviews
Great benefits
Senior Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJNovember 29, 2018
The company is great to work for. The culture is team oriented and collaborative. Management seeks the best. Projects include evaluating new opportunities.
A great place to work
Customer Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 29, 2018
I enjoyed working for Siemens! Not micromanaged you knew your job and what you had to do on a daily. Everybody worked together as a team.Flexible working hours and able to work from home one day a week.
Pros
Free lunches and not micromanaged
Cons
Only a temp business didnt pick up
Okay place
Senior Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJNovember 29, 2018
Can be difficult to move up and be promoted. very good people work there and do their best.
decision making can be slow due to german corporate structure.
Flexible working with ability to work at home.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
slow promotion / job opportunities
Productive laid back work place
Front Weld Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Roebuck, SCNovember 28, 2018
Good job, could be better if career advancement was more attainable. Work is rarely slow and job security is a evident. The management could also be a little better. The pay for this area is above average.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
short breaks
Learn a lot about the industry.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 23, 2018
I worked in an office for about 8-9 hrs a day and enjoyed every minute of it. The Engineering team was great and guided me on every project I worked on alongside them.
Great Company
FIRE LIFE SAFETY SYSTEM SERVICE INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 20, 2018
Avery professional career that is really challenge everyday of yore job meeting different professional customer and a career tat you are always reliable
Pros
Perfect Career job
Cons
Driving time
Excellent company to work for
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  AZNovember 20, 2018
Competitive but friendly culture that encouraged collaboration and recognized success. Strong team/teamwork environment with multiple opportunities for advancement and excellent cross-departmental communication.
Pros
Friendly culture, strong leadership team
Cons
Unsure corporate future due to company merger
Slow work pace with common corporate features
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cromwell, CTNovember 18, 2018
Work is slow most of the time which makes it stress free but because of this, it lacks personal development opportunities. Very corporate culture and structure so if you enjoy these environments this is the place for you.
I enjoyed working for Siemens
Senior Systems Analyst & Domain Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 16, 2018
I loved the people and the job. management was good to me and trusted me with most everything to do with the data center and network during my time.

The hard part of my job is it was a 24/7 operation so at times there were long hours, but they would compensate you for your time.
Delivers the best in class product
Staff Software Engineer, Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILNovember 16, 2018
Aims to deliver the best in class and highly productive and efficient product.

The products delivered from this company places Siemens in the top position.
Seimens Culture
Technology Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2018
If you're an IT Consultant working for this company. You better rethink your career path NOW. This place is terrible. Managers don't provide the education or skills needed to do the job. Its rare but there are talented employees who are valued and picked up by the client. But good luck going that route. Lots of politics and brown nosing. This company is TERRIBLE.
Pros
They leave you alone....literally
Cons
Everything including management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Siemens AG.