Siemens AG Culture reviews

Found 778 reviews matching the search See all 8,454 reviews
Quiet slow-paced Environment
Project Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 15, 2019
The moral here is low but the flexibility is good. The culture is dull no one speaks. There is no motivation nor fun environment. If you are not an engineer, chances are you hate your job.
very productive
Fabrication Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 8, 2019
nice working environment and very competitive. good people and very understanding. All the time we had meetings with manager who helped us in doing many things
Pros
beautiful
Cons
short breaks
Rewiew
ACCOUNTING SUPPORT III - SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 4, 2019
A typical day at Siemens was one that came with many different challenges and adequate resources to help you to overcome those challenges. The culture in the workplace was one where everyone cared about the success their fellow co-worker and demonstrated that in their words and action. The hardest part of my job was waiting on the responses of other department to make critical decision for a waiting customer. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people who i worked with.
Amazing place to work for prior to the merger
Proposals Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 2, 2019
After the merger between Siemens Wind power and Gamesa, things changed, culture of the company completely change, process disappear, management left and new management was hired from outside instead of promoting within.
one of the worst places I ever worked
responsible welding coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 31, 2019
I struggled with their corporate culture of deceit. It took me years to realize that the lack of quality was by design, they did not want real quality, they only wanted the appearance of quality. welders and inspectors that are willing to lie were promoted, anyone who objected was eliminated.
Cons
culture of deciet
Workplace culture and advancement
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Washtenaw County, MIMarch 20, 2019
Advancement is tough at Siemens and it is easy to feel stuck and on your own in a position without career growth.
The culture is not in line with other software companies, for example, the ability to work from home was dictated by an old-school thought process. The company paid a monthly fee to have a seat in an office regardless of those who were "allowed" to work from home. In other teams, employees were not even given a laptop to do have that flexibility.
Pros
Job security and salary
Cons
Culture and growth
Stressful and crowded workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 18, 2019
My typical day day at work consisted of data entry. Moving inventory from one place to another. I learned how to use SAP. The hardest part of the job was the commute and working weekends.
productive work environment
Clinical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMarch 13, 2019
1. I enjoyed the work
2. very friendly environment
3. the management was very cooperative
4. i learned CRM very quickly
5. the hardest part of the job is sometimes stressful
Great conglomerate to work for
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 12, 2019
Very dynamic and great opportunities to advance inside the company. Highly competitive in salary and benefits as well as great management. Customer service driven
Not saying
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 10, 2019
a typical day at work
Every day something new to learn
Management needs work
Culture trying to change
Union environment
The people are the awesome
Siemens - A Great Place To Work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHMarch 5, 2019
Siemens is a great place to work. Working there helped open certain networking relationships that might not have been fostered. Siemens is considerate of the work/life balance.
genaral activites
Forklift Operator (Export) (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 4, 2019
Its work and fun, great company to work, some time chalages but it work that is the fun; Great benifit . Good over times , good co-workers,well organise management.
Pros
lunch on Sturday works
decent place to work, advancement opportunities, but don't count on promotion
Manufacturing Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Flanders, NJFebruary 28, 2019
Siemens is a good place to work, but the logistics for parts procurement is always behind the 8 ball, which interferes with our production abilities. This influences management to become more and more critical with how we use our time, even though we are always trying to push instruments and find things to do.
When we are slow, which is often (due to parts problems), we are encouraged to take our paid time off. We are never required to, but are encouraged to. The benefits are decent, but are expensive. Overall, the work environment is clean and low-stress, and we are never required to work more than 40 hours. Issue is,
the pay is not very competitive, so most of us are either required to work as much OT as possible, live far away, or both. Other issues are that certain people get to advance while others who strive to do their best get overlooked, but I guess that is simply par for the course these days. It is definitely a decent place to work if you are single, but if you are a single income earner trying to raise a family, it is very hard to make ends meet.
Pros
Relatively relaxed work environment, lots of PTO, team culture
Cons
micromananagement, friction between shifts, favoritism, corporate bs.
Great work environment for collaburation
Senior Manager, Benefits Accounting (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJFebruary 20, 2019
Great culture and casual business attire. Remote working (minimum 2 days a week). Work place culture was very nice. Great compensation package and the company values its employees.
Cons
Nice place to work if intend to say for long time
Senior Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILFebruary 16, 2019
It is a good place to work if you looking for a stable job with relatively less stress. The work-life balance is good and offers nice benefits. Some managers offer flexible work hours and work from home options.
Pros
Nice benefits, laid back/relaxed culture
Cons
Not much career growth, old technologies
pipefitting GL
Production Pipefitter, Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Wellsville, NYFebruary 11, 2019
safety meeting, assign work, complete jobs, have a very mental and physical day, it was a great place to work. Very family atmosphere, miss working there
Great place to work if you're a manager!!
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2019
Too much office politics
Poor management and leadership
Overworked and Underpaid employees
Negligent Human resources
Management doesn't take ownership of their faults and blames employees of poor performance.
Pros
Decent compensation and benefits
Cons
Overworked with bad politics and terrible management
Terrible employer
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2019
Too much office politics
Poor management and leadership
Overworked and Underpaid employees
Negligent Human resources
Pros
Cons
Overworked and underpaid with bad politics and terrible management
Limited advancement and misguided management
General Position (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2019
There is no vision within the company. They are not result driven. You are basically dealing w/managers trying to protect their jobs and are quick to blame the "underlings" for any problems or delays. (Note: underlings & minions are actual terms used by managers for people on their teams). There are no leaders there. You will work long hours, receive little recognition and will be lucky to get a 2% raise. The only way to advance your career is to leave. This company is stuck in the 1970s with their technology and culture. If you like to be micro-managed in a dead-end job, then this is the place for you.
Pros
If you are one of the favorites, you will get the flexibility to come and go as you please. You will also get to have long lunches.
Cons
No advancement, no career coaches, no raises, micro-managed.
Nice company
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Nice place to work. I really appreciate the people and the environment. It was a pity we were layedoff but overall we were treated fairly. Nice managers.
Pros
Good compensation and salary
Cons
You have to appreciate the work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens AG. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K
43.2K
31.4K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight