Siemens

United States4,110 reviews

Found 4,110 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,260 reviews
divisionprojectgermanengineergermanylargebalanceopportunity

Great place, remote teams

This was a great place to work, US based with German Team. Afforded me the opportunity to travel repeatedly to Munich. Worked with numerous businesses and suppliers across all of the world.Layoffs are prevalent.

Work life balance is great here

Unlimited time off and you are encouraged to take time off frequently. Constant change of people managing productsOps is a revolving doors of managers in and out.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Stressful, operations is disconnected from the ops manager to the techs, office does not have one person where the buck stops, GM is not in total control of office which drives a wedge between sale and ops

Siemens insights

Based on 1,230 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Management is open-minded and considerate, colleagues are very friendly, very close relationship between team members, perfect work-life balance. Working in corporate office gives you the opportunity to make big impacts.

I enjoyed working with all of the people in the Eugene and Portland branch

This was a internship for transition from the air force. Even though I did not get employed full time by Siemens I really enjoyed the work I did while I was there and the people were amazing.

Very Professional

Best place I have ever worked. Really great work ethics and management is too notch. They really care for their employees and the pay is very adequate.

Good but could be better

Just about everyone I work with is amazing and very helpful and understanding and communicates well. However, my manager does have a tendency to micromanage, makes very serious mistakes that could cost the department, and is relatively rude.

Pros

Everyone is nice

Cons

Pay is very low, long hours

Work Life Balance

Flexible benefits, Flexible working hours , Lower basic salary compared to other MNCs but great benefits offered. Good medical benefits which covers spouse and children

Working here was fine

I did not dislike working here, it was kind of boring. I can't really say anything bad other than a bit of nepotism, but that's everywhere. The hiring process was a bit of a bear.

Pros

It was just ok

Cons

It was just ok

Never a dull moment

Siemens as a whole is a great company to work for. It is extremely demanding but financially they pay very well. Management in the Syracuse office is lacking. They tend to hire administrative staff more than any right else.

Poor management

There is not much support from the management, they rarely communicate back to you unless it’s something they need from you to cover themselves with there upper management and then blame any job related issues on lower level employees that they fail to provide crucial information to while on projects.

Benefits

Cons

Medical

Temp

I've been there 4 yrs and they didn't give Me my raise for the past 3 yrs I'm just now getting .49 cents. You will have to do overtime just to make ends meets and you have to compete for off days which makes the work environment

Pros

Health benefits

Cons

Everything else

Ambiente de trabajo con fluidez

Aprendí sobre Redes de TelecomunicacionesCompañeros bien preparadosEmpresa bien organizadaGerencia con objetivos claros

Pros

Seguro medico HCM

Cons

limitaciones Gubernamentales para continuar operando

Above Average

Overall, I had a good experience at Siemens and they provide great training. Local management is fair but the execution of projects was below average.

Some good points

Nice for home office and work indipendenceDifficult to have a career or change departmentManagement not REALLY interested on peopleFeel treated like a number

Horrible place to work

It's a Union Job. The union is only there to protect seniority, not to help you. People are constantly leaving.Bad pay, no benefits.Good for High School drop outs.0 out of 5.Don't bother, it's a waste of time.

Depending on the department, it can be laid back or a lot of work.

A typical day at work for an intern here is working a flexible schedule and working with and under managers. The amount you learn is dependent on how much you want to learn.

Work Environment

Excellent culture Best environment Training opportunities Flexible time schedule IntegrationGood salary structure Balance work environment Freedom

HUGE!! Language barrier there!!

Tough to get tools to do job you were hired for!! Hard to understand a lot of coworkers, most employees are from Russia and Vietnam. Leads are difficult to understand to get training to do the job your hired for.

Good

Management could be a little better. Employees constantly make sales & production goals, yet they are not rewarded for their accomplishments. They are nit picked & micromaneged about little things even though goals are always met. Pay scale has always been on the lower end of industry standards although they claim to be competitive. Benefits are very good. The coworkers are great, but again the pay rate is low. Time to pay your employees a better living wage.

Siemens is an incredible company to work for

Siemens really cares and strives for their employees. The work is hard but the teamwork is wonderful. I never felt unsupported. The pay and the benefits are exceptional.

Decent Company to work for

Nice company to work for but salary is less than the market. Good benefits. A lot of influence from Germany management, causing local management to not make decisions freely.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Siemens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss