Siena College Employee Reviews for Laboratory Assistant

3.6Pay & Benefits
on-campus employment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 21, 2017
Friendly professors, offering assistance to underclassmen is always nice. the research is challenging and time consuming. In addition finding time when equipment was available was difficult
Excellent
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Working at Siena College has been a wonderful experience. I got to work with a variety of different lab set ups, explore a range of biological and chemical fields, and introduce myself into working in a la while I am a student. I was able to help teach other students through their labs.
Applied Knowledge
Associated Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Similar to Undergraduate Research, the Summer Scholars Program taught me to apply the knowledge and skills I already have. I also learned how to explore new areas of science I was not familiar with in order to further my research. It was not a high stress environment, as long as the work put in was satisfactory, creating a fun and productive atmosphere.
Pros
Lunch breaks, weekends, fun atmosphere
Cons
Living quarters