Siena College Employee Review

View all Siena College reviews

Even in upstate NY, campus and people were moving around campus even during the snow periods. Active and enjoyable student and faculty interactions.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYNovember 26, 2017
My typical day of work I often entered early in the morning, as I lived nearer to campus than other faculty. With a cup of coffee with me, I got ready for class, and meetings (if needed). The day could be difficult due to people's reaction to weather and arriving on campus, but once in they were settled, everyone had excellent teaching skills for their courses. The hardest part of the job was emphasis given your role in the structure of a moving department,
as I was around almost every day due to closeness to campus. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students and keeping them focused on curricular achievements, and potential career opportunities. I enjoyed myself in my time.
Pros
Students
Cons
Tenseness among the faculty on a few issues.

Other Siena College Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYJune 27, 2019
A typical day at work for me was going and helping students learn about subjects they were struggling in. Overall a great place to work and would recommend tutoring to anyone who goes to Siena College.
Terrible place to work if you want to live
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYFebruary 18, 2019
If you want to make enough money to where you don’t starve to death then Siena isn’t right for you. I lucked out and had a good manager, but generally management there is just a gang of bumbling idiots who don’t know which way is up. Management and professors get paid six figure salaries and everyone who does real work get’s nickle and dimed. There are about 7 pay grades there, and i was a grade 4 and i was making 12.54 per hour. And three grades up people are making six figures. I don’t have to tell you how ridiculous the pay is. The custodians were making minimum wage when i left two months ago. Ten dollars an hour, and they have to literally clean up human feces. Janitors should make at the very least 20 dollars an hour in my opinion. But that brings me to my next reason Siena is terrible. The overall attitude is horrible. If you take a stroll through the campus you see people looking like zombies; people are all depressed and unmotivated from constantly getting treated like trash and not getting paid even close to enough. Not only that, but the professors are all pompus imbeciles who think they’re better than everyone, and file complaints about everything. And there’s an order of Franciscan Friar monks who live on campus and do the same thing. It’s like they never grew up. Siena is a place i would recommend to someone i really didn’t like.
Pros
After five years you get free tuition
Cons
Pay is not realistic if you want to live, professors and friars complain about everything like children, everyone is depressed and hates working there, people say they hope they get fired