Sierra Corporate Management Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Good management
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2018
Fairly new to the apartment business. Trying to find its soul. A lot of changes have been made. Started to get stressful . The buildings are nice though.
Listen to what others are saying
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 10, 2018
This is not a company you go to and be happy with what you do. And come on, it’s at least 8 eight hours of your day. This is one of those places that is good for those who can’t work with others and prefer to point the finger rather than take responsibility. If you’re someone who says to yourself oh I can deal with that, you very likely are one of those types of people.

This is one of those places where you take the job because nothing else is coming along.But, you’re better than that, hold on until the right place comes along, and it will.
Pros
Cons
Negativity, in fighting
Short Lived but Great
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 3, 2017
I only worked at SCM for a short time, but really enjoyed it. My co-workers were nice and friendly and willing to help however they could. It wasn't a stressful environment at all either. My position was a temp position, but I felt like part of the team the whole time.
Sierra Corporate Management
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 29, 2017
Sadly, this place fired people all the time. Good talent left or was let go for no reason known. The culture was very unstable and you could not relax much. Sad that they could not get out of their own way.
Sierra Corp. Management
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 28, 2017
Was very unhappy with the company , I would not recommend to work for this company, they have to many flaws. My manager Kevin Scott did a great job for me
Pros
Good rate of pay
Cons
They dont give you any breaks
Sierra corporate
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 27, 2017
The work environment was always great, relaxed, and friendly. I really learned a lot throughout this job experience. My manager taught me how to treat all clients and how to handle stressful situations. This has been the best job I have had so far.
Just another day at work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 12, 2017
Basically, the agenda mostly the same every month. first week of the month focus on apply rent payment, apply late fee and prepare bank reconciliation. the second week of the month focus on preparing monthly financial report, then apply adjustments (add/remove parking, add guest fee...etc), input move in (create tenant, apply charges...) move out (post final utilities, prepare security deposit refund if needed) ready for next month statement.

We only cut check one time per week so Monday and Tuesday is the AP day. Since I handle 14 properties, AP load is a little heavy especially when it fall on the same day as late fee.

Overall work is okay but not much of benefit. No career advance opportunity
Pros
Break time. no overtime work
Cons
No sick pay
Stay away
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 29, 2016
Work hard for nothing corporate is out of state. You have full time maintenance supervisors that have been there years and years and don't do anything. So I used to have to work at 2 different parks, most of the time by myself for a total of over 600 residents. Just to never get a raise and get paid 11 bucks a hour. Wasted my time there, and was underappreciated. Only good thing was health insurance was cheap, and great days off.
Pros
Days off, good office staff
Cons
Bad Corparate and maintenance Mananger
Admin
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 29, 2016
No advancement opportunity low pay & no good management that cares about employees at all. No good benefits and very stressful to work with little training provided.
Pros
Cons
very low pay
Its all about the company
On-Site Community Manager (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CAMarch 12, 2016
I am a clam and a peaceful person. I love all my jobs and give 100%. This company wanted to teach me how to do illegal sales. I told them that lets fix the homes and then sell them but this statement offended them and I ended up being the bad employee. Legally we are supposed to have Property Manager , Assistant Manager & a full time Maintenance. Instead I was the Only property Manager there and We had a part time porter(Not Maintenance). As me being a great employee, I continued working there and doing 3 persons Job all by my self. I know i was learning and learning is the key to success. I will find a better job and be successful as I am a hard worker and a leader.
Love where I work and live.
Park Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CADecember 28, 2015
Overall I have no complaints. The work is fun, I really enjoy helping others see the benefits of living in the MHP I manage.
Pros
I love where I live.
Cons
No advancement opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sierra Corporate Management. Our community is ready to answer.