Sierra Nevada Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
na
Quality Assurance Inspector Senior (Former Employee) –  NevadaJuly 16, 2018
the team I worked with were awesome and very supportive in what ever was going on in your life. You could not work with a better group of people in my opinion.
Pros
best management team ever
Cons
na
Great place to work with very good working environment
Sr. Network Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 7, 2018
Good management, working conditions, and benefits. Supportive of educational and individual development goals. Good projects to work on, and appropriate resources were provided.
Pros
Solid company with good management
Cons
The business is closely tied to government contracts
Department was good to work in
Quality Control, Assurance, and Auditor (Former Employee) –  NevadaJuly 5, 2018
Management Culture resistant to not open to requirements mandated by customer requirements, oversight agencies, and AS9100 requirements.

Management within department and coworkers very supportive and great to work with. Will be sorely missed.

Biggest Challenges came from management not understanding or wiling to learn technical and compliance requirements. Made decisions based on schedule and cost above all else. Program and Management Decisions often defied facts, logic, regulatory compliance, and common sense
Pros
Management within department and coworkers very supportive and great to work with, Will be sorely missed
Cons
Mid and Upper Management out of touch, Program Mangers do not understand reality
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  NevadaJuly 1, 2018
My chain of command was exceptional so that always helps. Company takes care of its employees. The goals are clear and any tool you could ask for is provided.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
no windows
Good company
Program Manager II (Current Employee) –  NevadaJune 28, 2018
SNC is a great company, but being outpaced by its growing at a quick rate. The training and culture of development is lacking with career advancement. Seems the company is more focused on who you know rather than your desire to progress in your role.
Pros
Flexible with remote work and schedule
Cons
Lack of proper management training
Great for engineers, not the best for supporting roles
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 26, 2018
The people are great, the work is interesting, but I've seen the company more interested in replacing people with outside applicants and over working employees instead of hiring internally.
benefits
Cons
experienced based, not merit based
Great Job
Aircraft Inspector Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moody AFB, GAJune 19, 2018
A great place to work. Management are really supportive. Go to Afghanistan every 90 days. Work on a really great Super Tucano A-29 Attack Aircraft. Train Afghan Students on how to perform A&P work on the A-29.
Pros
Super 401K Program
Cons
Hanger is too small
Love it
Logistics Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  NevadaJune 18, 2018
One of the best companies you could work for!! Love the work pace, management is very understanding and knowledgeable. Can not think of any flaws in this company.
Pros
Affordable Benefits
productive and fun place to work
accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJune 11, 2018
you were always busy. co workers were very friendly and helpful. most of the management was very helpful. learned a lot. company had 401k match paid holidays and pto
Love this place
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COJune 1, 2018
Managers are exceptional. Culture is amazing, very sincere intelligent co-workers. Everyone is very willing to collaborate and share knowledge. Managers are accessible.
Pros
Vibrant positive atmosphere. Great space, modern building and equipment.
Cons
Contract job. Old software version.
Cool in theory
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, COMay 11, 2018
Working on a spacecraft sounds cool, and can be for a while...until the lack of leadership and management becomes noticeable. Not a pleasant work culture.
Avionics tech.Avionics Installer
Avionics Technician and Installer (Former Employee) –  NevadaMay 4, 2018
High tech. State of the art,avionics For NSA aircraft in support of the Iraq war.King Air 300 and 350. installation and modification of avionics system on the c12 platform. It was excellent work that I enjoyed very much. High pay and good working conditions.It was great to be part of a team that held to such high standards in their workmanship and finished product.
Pros
high pay
Cons
long long hours
Terrible Management
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 24, 2018
Program are interesting, but it stops there. Middle management is the worst I have ever experienced. Complete lack of trust and integrity. Lack of leadership skills.
Great if you're working on DreamChaser, the rest of the company was corrupt
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COApril 23, 2018
Great if you're working on DreamChaser, the rest of the company was corrupt. Good old boys network, HR staff was very mean-spirited and mocked people for having life events that they could not control. If you work on the DreamChaser space program, you're treated better but everything else is a different company. I fear for the DreamChaser project failing, because those working on it will see the true nature of the company come out.
Excellent Job
AVIONICS TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 22, 2018
Great place to work. Hours were good. Steady work. Managers dealt fairly with employees. Everyone knew their job and worked well with others. Definitely would recommend to anyone
Very past pace work inviroment
Logistics Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  NevadaMarch 21, 2018
The job was very challenging in a positive way. Great place to advance logistics skills. Very many tools for enhancing all aspects of logistics support. traveling the world working with all different branches of the U.S.military was very educational.
Pros
great benifits and great support from upper tiers.
Cons
Sometimes the above long long hours
Great company
Logistics Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  NevadaMarch 15, 2018
Sierra Nevada has many programs and I have heard bad things about some. Overall with my program it is a great company and great working environment. People work well with eachother and you do feel part of a team. The work life balance is well balanced and I have never felt like I was taking time away from my family while working here.
Great people with managers who respect work life balance
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 12, 2018
My current manager at SNC is very supportive, helps our team solve problems, tries to remove roadblocks that make doing our job difficult and is very respectful to work-life balance needs and provides a lot of flexibility in hours. I feel that I'm trusted to do my job and treated with respect and provided lots of opportunities for doing so.
important work
Research Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAMarch 9, 2018
Great, collaborative atmosphere. Important mission to address land management challenges in the Sierra Nevada. The interdisciplinary research environment was very productive and stimulating.
Pros
focus on one place
Cons
bureaucratic environment
Typical Begginer Contract Job
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 8, 2018
I had a run of the mill typical contractor job while working at SNC through Aerotek. I was very happy with my compensation. I received exactly what I expected. Great job to build experience.
Cons
benefits, communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sierra Nevada Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight