Sierra Pacific Industries

Sierra Pacific Industries Employee Reviews in Sonora, CA

Chipper operater
My day starts at 6am i walk around and make sure all 6 or my conveyers are clear and throw our the day i climb ladders walk up stairs and pull wood and sawdust out of the crossover conveyer i have a sawdust conveyer that i have to check on and keep clean threw out the day floor chains come off so i have to break them with a master link and out them back on the sprocket
SPI was a great place to work.
S.P.I. was a great place to work. My coworkers were the best. Everyone worked as a team and truly took pride in their job. S.P.I. was very understanding of my situation when I had to leave.
I just wish we were able to have a few sick days.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No paid sick days. Bosses that like to scream at you
Hard place to work
Pays good, hard work, lots of overtime. Management hard to work for. Not seasonal. If you are starting to explore and find a career, they are a good place to start.
Productive and professional place to work.
We would meet at the office to discuss and plan out our work day or night depending on what species we were surveying. We would mostly work independently but were in communication throughout. I learned a great deal about owl and raptor surveys, as well as frog surveys and habitat plot recording. My coworkers and management were excellent to say the least. The hardest part of the job was the work hours but other than that it was a dream job for me personally.
Pros
independence
Cons
seasonal
fast past unsafe place to work with little to no regard for the individual.
terrible management. literally had him tell me once that if it was cheaper to pay a fine than do the legal thing they would pay the fine every time. if you come to management or a supervisor with a complaint they would tell you to find a different job then.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
run down equipment, unsafe work conditions.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sierra Pacific Industries?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sierra Pacific Industries. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8