Sierra Pacific Industries

Sonora, CA8 reviews

Sierra Pacific Industries insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Chipper operater

My day starts at 6am i walk around and make sure all 6 or my conveyers are clear and throw our the day i climb ladders walk up stairs and pull wood and sawdust out of the crossover conveyer i have a sawdust conveyer that i have to check on and keep clean threw out the day floor chains come off so i have to break them with a master link and out them back on the sprocket

There's opportunity for hard workers, smart workers not so much

If you don't mind rampant nepotism, your personal info on blast and not secured, a lack of managerial presence and leadership, then you'll love it here! The pay is decent, until your workload triples, and your perverbial office is under a bus of gangmembers, and felons who are relatives of management, then you realize you'll never advance, oh and frequent turnover makes good employees go sour because management would rather cut costs than pay people what they're worth.

Pros

Pay is almost worth the BS

Cons

Too many to list here

Hard work

Not fun atmosphere it's hard work you better be willing kiss some butt. There is more out there you can be happier at. But if you really need job take it it'll pay the bills.

Pros

Paid well

Cons

Over worked

Dont do it

Most of coworkers are doing hardcore drugs. Get smashed in the parkinglot after work. You have to start on swing shift and hope a job opens to get on days. They try and make you feel this is all you have and good luck finding another job. Its a small town so if they dont like you here no one in town will hire you because of talk. Multiple injuries all year with deaths. One guy died in the chipper and took a minute for people to notice he wasnt at his station. Seen someone loose there toes and fingers. Its a bad spot unless youve been there a while and have a decent position. HR shares personal info with your manager. And everybody gossips like highschool.

Pros

Discount on lumber

Cons

whole operation . Overworked

SPI was a great place to work.

S.P.I. was a great place to work. My coworkers were the best. Everyone worked as a team and truly took pride in their job. S.P.I. was very understanding of my situation when I had to leave. I just wish we were able to have a few sick days.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

No paid sick days. Bosses that like to scream at you

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Hard place to work

Pays good, hard work, lots of overtime. Management hard to work for. Not seasonal. If you are starting to explore and find a career, they are a good place to start.

Productive and professional place to work.

We would meet at the office to discuss and plan out our work day or night depending on what species we were surveying. We would mostly work independently but were in communication throughout. I learned a great deal about owl and raptor surveys, as well as frog surveys and habitat plot recording. My coworkers and management were excellent to say the least. The hardest part of the job was the work hours but other than that it was a dream job for me personally.

Pros

independence

Cons

seasonal

fast past unsafe place to work with little to no regard for the individual.

terrible management. literally had him tell me once that if it was cheaper to pay a fine than do the legal thing they would pay the fine every time. if you come to management or a supervisor with a complaint they would tell you to find a different job then.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

run down equipment, unsafe work conditions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sierra Pacific Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sierra Pacific Industries