Sierra Pacific Industries
Happiness rating is 52 out of 100

Sierra Pacific Industries Employee Reviews in Sonora, CA

My day starts at 6am i walk around and make sure all 6 or my conveyers are clear and throw our the day i climb ladders walk up stairs and pull wood and sawdust out of the crossover conveyer i have a sawdust conveyer that i have to check on and keep clean threw out the day floor chains come off so i have to break them with a master link and out them back on the sprocket
Not fun atmosphere it's hard work you better be willing kiss some butt. There is more out there you can be happier at. But if you really need job take it it'll pay the bills.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Over worked
Most of coworkers are doing hardcore drugs. Get smashed in the parkinglot after work. You have to start on swing shift and hope a job opens to get on days. They try and make you feel this is all you have and good luck finding another job. Its a small town so if they dont like you here no one in town will hire you because of talk. Multiple injuries all year with deaths. One guy died in the chipper and took a minute for people to notice he wasnt at his station. Seen someone loose there toes and fingers. Its a bad spot unless youve been there a while and have a decent position. HR shares personal info with your manager. And everybody gossips like highschool.
Pros
Discount on lumber
Cons
whole operation . Overworked
S.P.I. was a great place to work. My coworkers were the best. Everyone worked as a team and truly took pride in their job. S.P.I. was very understanding of my situation when I had to leave. I just wish we were able to have a few sick days.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No paid sick days. Bosses that like to scream at you
Pays good, hard work, lots of overtime. Management hard to work for. Not seasonal. If you are starting to explore and find a career, they are a good place to start.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
We would meet at the office to discuss and plan out our work day or night depending on what species we were surveying. We would mostly work independently but were in communication throughout. I learned a great deal about owl and raptor surveys, as well as frog surveys and habitat plot recording. My coworkers and management were excellent to say the least. The hardest part of the job was the work hours but other than that it was a dream job for me personally.
Pros
independence
Cons
seasonal
terrible management. literally had him tell me once that if it was cheaper to pay a fine than do the legal thing they would pay the fine every time. if you come to management or a supervisor with a complaint they would tell you to find a different job then.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
run down equipment, unsafe work conditions.