Sierra View District Hospital Employee Reviews

Too much work for one individual
Receiving Clerk/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAMay 10, 2018
Received all freight for entire hospital. Distributed Fed Ex, and Office Max supplies to appropriate departments. Received all pharmacy supplies and medications. Shipped all out going medical equipment, biological parts, and supplies.
Many years of experience
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Porterville, CAApril 16, 2018
SVMC has awarded me some great opportunities over the years and it has overall been a pleasant experience. I enjoy working on solutions that affect the organization in a positive manner. I work very closely with both the financial department as well as the Nursing depts. to ensure collaboration between regulatory and financial needs
easy going
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CADecember 6, 2017
I only volunteered at sierra view but it was a great and staff was great. I learned a lot about working as a team, there was a smile at every corner making me feel welcome.
productive enviroment
Patient Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CANovember 30, 2017
very productive work enviroment, team work is a must. I like how they appreciate the co workers and acknowledge the hard work they do. benefits are awesome and building up vacation time is really easy . i loved and miss working at sierra view district hospital.
I loved working as a Telemetry Nurse as my first assignment,
Registered Nurse-Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CASeptember 23, 2017
I enjoy patient care overall, as my first assignment the focus was cardiac nursing. My co-workers and I depended on each other and we were a team. The hardest part of the job were the "code blues."
Pros
Working 3 days a week due to 12 hour shifts.
Cons
I worked the night shift.
Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CASeptember 20, 2017
Had great managment at the time, they were flexible with my school schedule. Benefits were great. This company really does apprecitate their employees.
it was a stressful job
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CASeptember 20, 2017
Im day was long I worked 12 hr shifts. Some weeks i worked 8 hrs. I usually work 3-4 days a week. I learned medical terminology at this job. It was my first study paying job
hospital is great place to work
Lead Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAAugust 4, 2017
Helping patients get to where they need to go and helping them find their loved ones in the hospital. different types of culture and ethics. Very quick paced
Great place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 30, 2017
A quality work place is essential to keep your employees on task and working efficiently. An excellent work environment is marked by such attributes as competitive wages, trust between the employees and management, fairness for everyone, and a sensible work load with challenging yet achievable goals. All this comes together to provide the best possible working conditions. You as a small business professional will profit from creating the best possible work environment.
Pros
Learning everyday
Fun and enjoyable until Hospital Administrator passed away
Department Director, Chief Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CANovember 20, 2016
Was director of department and assumed all responsibilities in running the department, responsible for all staff, budgets, quality assurance etc.
Pros
Cons
New Administrator was not loyal to employees, and was soon terminated.
na
Sterile Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CANovember 16, 2016
Nice place to work. Friendly people. The hospital could use some updates to patient care equipment as well. Place felt very old school and dated
Productive setting with a relaxed environment
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CASeptember 4, 2016
As an IT Consultant you are expected to take phone calls and on calls on a daily basis. You must know what you are dealing with in terms of technology and provide quality service to your fellow workers.
Pros
Discounted food and beverages
Cons
Good place to work, picnic for department, pizza nights, and good learning environment.
Night shift respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAMarch 31, 2016
1.Good place to work.
2. picnics for department.
3. pizza nights for having o% MRSA patients.
4. and good learning environment.
Productive and lucrative career
Medical Records Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Medical Records in the basementFebruary 9, 2016
Working at the hospital was a rewarding and lucrative career. The staff and management were fair and helpful to a certain extent. I really enjoyed working there, less a resolve or two. I would recommend an applicant to apply to work there as well, and thank-you.
Pros
Christmas Bonus, certificate of achievement, health benefits.
Cons
Management ladder arrangement/Resolve
Small town hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJanuary 22, 2016
I had the pleasure of working at this hospital for 10 years. It is a small hospital which can have limited resources with forces you to be creative with what you have to work with.
maintain a 167 bed hospital and all associated buildings by my self at night.
Facilities Plant Engineer "B" (Current Employee) –  465 W. Putnam Ave. Porterville, Ca. 93257October 12, 2015
I maintain everything that does not touch a patient. (i.e) Electrical, plumbing, heating, HVAC, beds, wheelchairs, gurneys, televisions, fire systems, alarms, emergency lighting and equipment, etc. The plant engineers like myself make rounds on all equipment. Take calls that use the T.M.S. work order system. We support the staff in every imaginable way. Our goal is to maintain the safest and most dependable environment for our staff and guest.
Pros
Working to make the happiest hospital a person can go to.
Cons
Sometimes long hours and personal sacrifice is required to get the job done with no requite.
Learned so much working at Sierra View District Hospital
Certified Coding Associate (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 26, 2015
I am blessed to have worked for such a great organization, with excellent managers. I first started out as a file clerk in the medical records department, and quickly advanced to an Outpatient Medical Coder. I was responsible for coding radiology and interventional radiology procedures. I had a quota to meet of 300 accounts a day and always met it. I worked closely with the physicians on a daily basis getting all completed documentation completed and signed to complete the medical record guidelines. I worked closely with the patient accounting on a daily basis getting them the proper information the needed to bill the claim. I ran monthly reports and had to explain why unpaid claims werent paid, and what I needed to get them finalized. I has the chance to advance to an inpatient coder, and was coding in paitent charts, working towards a Certified Coding Specialist certification, I learned all HIPPA guidelines, and became a HIPPA officer, and would educate new hires, on the importance of patient confidentiality. I learned so much working here, and was given the chance to advance, in my career.
Pros
ability to advance and learn more
Environment was good until they hired department director that was incompetent
RN INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAMay 3, 2015
I worked with multiple doctors and interventional radiologists when I first started but after 1 1/2 years they contracted with 1 interventional radiologist who was very good. Learning with him was easy and he was very competent. The other staff who were rad techs were good to work with and helped make a good team during procedures. The hardest part of the job was trying to make the newest director understand how things worked at the time and that the employees that she hired were not very productive. I left this position to pursue other areas of nursing outside of the hospital. During the time I worked in the or I really enjoyed this job although the overtime and on call hours were more than I wanted. The last or director I worked under was not productive in her endeavors and did not listen to the staff in the or setting.
Pros
Ability to work with others in different field and other departments in a hospital setting
Cons
Need back up of persons you work with and work for in this position
Wonderful place to work.
HIM Informatics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAMarch 23, 2015
Plenty of opportunities to grow with this hospital. Great staff to work with, and good working environment. Some management personnel could use some communication skills improvement, but overall a nice place to work, in a small community.
Great learning experience and friendly, and knowledgeable staff.
Student Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 30, 2014
A typical day of work would consist of receiving report of assigned patients, collaborating with nurses and physicians regarding the plan of care, providing care to the patients, utilizing the nursing process, and maintaining patient safety throughout shift. I learned clinical skills such as insertion of foley catheters, NG tubes, and IV's. Also initiated IV therapy as well as medication administration. Was supervised by the RN instructor and received high marks on evaluation of skills and performance. Co-workers were friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was communicating with physicians, but overcame that by reminding myself that we were all part of the health and well-being of the patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was building a therapeutic relationship with my patients and being able to provide the care they needed and deserved.
Pros
Great learning experience, always something new to learn, friendly staff
Cons
No pay