SIG SAUER, Inc.
Happiness rating is 50 out of 100

SIG SAUER, Inc. Employee Reviews

ok place to work, wish management was better. As well as job security, people get hired and fired all the time. I won't want to buy a house or a new car if I worked here. Benefits and pay are good as well as the discount if you like guns.
Pros
pay, discounts on guns
Cons
job security and management
May 17, 2021
Sorry to hear about your negative review of SIG SAUER as a former employee. However, we appreciate your comments as they help us grow as a company.
Currently here as a CNC machinist. The company has always treated me well. While previous coworkers I have had will say otherwise, I have always enjoyed my job here. The work isn't challenging, I have great coworkers, the benefits are good as well. They were also willing to switch me over to the weekend shift so I can continue my education! If you work hard, the company will treat you well.
Pros
Coworkers are like family, great benefits, temp to hire, good pay
Cons
Work- life balance could be better
May 24, 2021
Thank you for your positive review. While SIG SAUER appreciates all reviews regarding our company, both positive and negative, we are especially pleased to know that you have had a good work experience. We appreciate the time you took to give us this feedback.
Though a short 2.5 years in sales, The travel was demanding at times but in the end it was rewarding. I strongly recommend this company for anyone who has a strong, creative and motivated work ethic.
Pros
Its sig sauer!
Cons
If I had one con it was travel
They don't pay well enough for the treatment they give their employees. They don't care what your life is like outside of work, so long as you are willing to sacrifice that life for the good of the company. Management is cold and heartless for the most part, with a few good managers who don't stay long because they can't stand the flack they get for trying to change things for the betterment of the workers. Overall: find something else, because SIG doesn't care about people, only production and profit.
Pros
Half priced guns, if you stick around that long.
Cons
Poor Management, non competitive pay, ridiculously high expectations, pitiful compensation, no room for advancement.
May 17, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear about your negative review of SIG SAUER as a former employee. We are not perfect but continue our efforts to make SIG SAUER a successful company and a great place to work for all employees.
Sig is a decent place to work. The assembly management was tough to work with, but other areas aren’t as bad. There was a lot of gossip and drama, but that can be true about any work place. If you keep your head down, and do your job, it’s manageable.
March 15, 2021
Thank you for your review regarding your experience with SIG SAUER. Your comments and concerns are important feedback for us. They have been forwarded to our Human Resources and Senior Management teams for review.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I loved the job when I first started, but things quickly took a turn. Management is not only awful, but also unorganized. None of the upper management had the skills to talk to one another so everyone could be on the same page, therefore as a regular employee, I was always being told different things by different people. Management will also not treat you well. If you have a personal issue with another employee, management will make you seem like the bad guy because you were the one to bring it to their attention. There are also incidents where an employee is being completely out of line and should have to report to HR, but none of the management will bat an eye at it. All management cares about is if you are in your designated spot before the bell rings. All in all, if you get hired at Sig you should expect to be just as miserable as your bosses, if not, more miserable.
Pros
Getting to work with guns, overtime
Cons
Short breaks, un-organization, awful upper management
March 15, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear about your negative review of SIG SAUER as a former employee. Your comments and concerns are important feedback for us as they help us grow as a company. We constantly strive to make SIG SAUER the best company possible for our employees and we will work with your feedback in this process. We are not perfect, but our efforts continue as we endeavor to make SIG SAUER a successful company and a great place to work for all employees.
It is a job where you will be on your feet all day. Management was very confusing at the location I worked at. We never really knew who to report to. It is a very demanding job on your personal life. You never knew if you were gonna have to work weekends or not.
Pros
Free occasional meals and perks
Cons
short breaks
March 15, 2021
Thank you for providing your feedback about your work experience at SIG SAUER. Your comments and concerns are valuable feedback for us that helps us adapt as we grow as a company. We are striving to make SIG SAUER the best company possible for all our employees, and we will work with your feedback in this process to ensure SIG SAUER is a great place to work for all of our employees.
Not exactly good or bad. Very production focused. You can work as hard as you can and still not get recognition for it. Pay is good but not exactly worth selling your soul for.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
No room for advancement
March 15, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear about your negative review of SIG SAUER as a current employee. Your comments and concerns are important feedback for us as they help us grow as a company. We constantly strive to make SIG SAUER the best company possible for our employees and we will work with your feedback in this process. You can come to HR to speak to anyone at any time, we welcome feedback as on-going conversation by all parties is the best way to identify acceptable solutions for all or you can speak up discreetly; by contacting Human Resources at HR@sigsauer.com via a non-work related email (you can create a free email address for this purpose on services such as Yahoo or Gmail). The Sr. Manager and Vice President of Human Resources read and respond to emails sent to this address. We are not perfect, but our efforts continue as we endeavor to make SIG SAUER a successful company and a great place to work for all employees.
Lots of hours and overtime. They hire lots of temps and keep them for long periods of time with no hope of being hired permanently. Good money while you are there but you never feel appreciated and eventually lose all hope of a permanent position.
Pros
good money. lots of overtime.
Cons
not much hope of becoming permanent.
March 15, 2021
Thank you for your review regarding your experience as a former SIG SAUER employee. We value your comments and concerns, and have forwarded them to our Human Resources department for review.
Nothing special. Every year around April there is layoffs, so if you are new expect to be laid off. If you survive the lay offs, it's somewhat secure job. No raises other than the standard 2% but not guarantee.
Pros
N/a
January 25, 2021
Thank you for your review regarding your experience as a current SIG SAUER employee. Your comments and concerns are important feedback for us. They have been forwarded to our Human Resources and Senior Management Teams for review so we can address improving the work experience for all of our employees.To help us better address your specific needs please visit Human Resources to speak with someone directly, or e-mailing HR@sigsauer.com with your concerns. We welcome the opportunity to work directly with our employees to create a more positive and collaborative work environment.
Its fast paced but not unachievable. Management is fine and laid back. Pay and benefits are ok for the job. I enjoy most of my coworkers and the day goes by fairly easily.
Management and supervisors will only promote those who like to kiss up regardless if they know the work or not you can apply for advancement but unfortunately unless your one of the boot lickers how love to suck up you’ll never be looked at for the job if you end up getting a medical condition you will get labeled a problem employee and work in front of the supervisor so they can watch you all day long even if you are going fast they want you to go faster that’s where mistakes are made then you get written up for it even though you are forced to go faster then you should
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Managers supervisors and most of all no respect at all
The only good thing is the starting pay period you can never work fast enough or get enough done even though they can't maintain material, get enough material in or keep proper maintenance done on the machines to keep them from breaking down so you can do your job. They will put you in multiple different positions and never train you to do it properly and they will fire you if you mess up even if it's an area which you are not adequately trained in
Pros
Starting pay is goid
Cons
Poor leadership, long days, they do not train properly
Management is an absolute joke. They pick favorites and if you’re new you’ll just be ignored. From start to finish of my shift I have only seen supervisors and managers just talk and gossip and stare at you. You are treated as a number and not a person. Nobody is friendly and you will hate every second of your life when you’re punched in. Save yourself and get a real job.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, negative attitude, poor management.
October 26, 2020
Thank you for your review regarding your employment experience with SIG SAUER. Your comments and concerns are important feedback for us. They have been forwarded to our Human Resources and Senior Management Team for review.
It was a good place til they took away the weekend shift and money then wanted us to work overtime for less money benefits are pretty good and the cafe had some good food
September 29, 2020
Thank you for providing your feedback about your work experience at SIG SAUER. Your comments and concerns are valuable feedback for us that help us adapt as we grow as a company. We are striving to make SIG SAUER the best company possible for all our employees, and we will work with your feedback in this process to ensure SIG SAUER is a great place to work for all of our employees.
Second shift have lack of compassion and understanding of any personal issues you may have . There is one supervisor on second shift but I don’t even understand how he even got the position he’s an absolute disgrace to the company and has absolutely no human compassion at all he treats everybody like idiots and expect to be treated with respect when I quite frankly Don’t think he knows the meaning of the word respect
Pros
You get free water from the Fossett and free coffee tea and hot cocoa
● OverallUr a number not a name. It's who u know not what u know. Management is about useless on some shifts. The operator and set up levels are confusing. Grade F for training.
Talk to the recruiter, like talking to the worse costumes service on earth, the management are the worse, they think they’re essential so they will do anything to you as they please. oh gosh I will never work in this company
They said stay home if you have a fever and installed an infared camera at the door to send you home if you do have a fever but fire you if you do stay home. Also fired the GM because he was too nice. was a great gm to work for
Management promotes "buddies" . Hard work is not recognized. The work is very mundane. Promised promotions get forgotten. There is a very big lack of professionalism.
Pros
Decent amount of overtime
Cons
Very little room for advancement
July 20, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your work experience at SIG SAUER has not been positive. Your comments and concerns are important feedback for us as we continue to grow as a company and work to retain our valued employees. We strive to make SIG SAUER the best company possible for our employees, and your feedback is invaluable to this process of continuous improvement.
They hire under qualified people as supervisors and they come in to change or at least try to change things in a machine shop when they have no idea how a machine shop operates, never mind the fact that they never even ran a machine. Also theres a lot a political favorites and bad moves from management. Very hard to last 5 years and very easy to be overlooked and ingnored. Avoid it , specially if you are a minority, they will make you feel like a minority at all times. I used to like working here, now im at my 5th year and management doesn’t seem to get better.
Pros
Overtime and the people you meet and good discounts
Cons
Poor management, not welcoming of minorities moving up the ladder, under qualified management making calls
  1. Employee Reviews