Sightpath Medical Employee Reviews

We thrived on being competitive in order to stay above the curve.
Ophthalmic Assistant/Scrub Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 15, 2017
I absolutely love Sightpath Medical. We purposely worked to be the best in our profession. It is a great family oriented company and though we often worked individually on the road along side other professionals and companies, SPM's support remains ahead of the class. Management is wonderful, whenever there was a concern, it was addressed immediately.
Pros
Travel, Meeting New People
Cons
Away from home for days in many cases.
Challenging and rewarding.
Mobile Surgery Technician / Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 27, 2017
This was one of my most favorite and challenging positions in my career. It could be stressful at times with physician/surgeon demands under pressure. But once trust was established and proved yourself, it's all good. Confidence. Kept me on my toes. Alert and enjoyed the down time. Travel and not the typical Monday- Friday punch a time clock, which I appreciated.
Pros
Set surgery days, ability to work independently
Cons
Lay offs, Never went to corporate
A job opportunity
CST II and Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2016
With every job, there is an opportunity to learn something new. I learned many things while with the company. Overall experience is up to the individual.
Horrible Management
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 6, 2016
Accounting supervisor wants to be more of a "friend" than take leadership as a supervisor. There are a lot of gossips that takes place around the office, when reporting to the direct supervisor about it, was told to look the other way. Accounting supervisor favors certain employees. If you don't fit in with the crowd, you will then get outcast right away. Other departments were ok. Helpful at times.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management, micromanagement, communications
It is okay
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 29, 2015
This company is a good company to work for. In my position there is alot of travel and physical demand. Which is the hardest part of the job, If you dont mind traveling and staying away from home than this is a great job.
100% travel
Fempto Laser FSE (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 28, 2014
100% travel
Many job responsibilities.
Manage yourself.
No set schedule.
Great vacation time.
Pros
Corporate account for travel expenses.
Cons
Minimum home time.
Great Cataract Company
Ophthalmology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worked out of my house: Folkston, GADecember 8, 2013
Worked with cataract surgeons
Setup and maintained sterile field during surgery
Loaded cataract lenses
Ordered all supplies needed for the surgery
Keep inventory of supplies that were not used during the surgical day
Drove to different hospitals in different towns for the surgery day
Worked with new surgeons and supplied any instruments or supplies need to complete their surgical cases
Keep up with maintains on company vehicle that was assigned to me
Each day their was a new learning experience that would broaden my knowledge of the job for a better surgical and patient outcome
The personal that were my management were top notch and helped me in any way possible
My co-workers were also top notch and we all worked great together
The hardest part of the job was the driving. Some of the hospitals were 9 to 15 hours from my house which made for a long round trip.
The most enjoyable part of the job was giving patients the hope of sight through surgical intervention.
Pros
Company vehicle, credit card, and paided for any work related expense
Cons
Long hours on the road.
absolutly a terrible place to work
surgical tech (Current Employee) –  sightpath northeast regionAugust 21, 2013
If you want to give up your personal life to work ...you've come to the right place SPM ... It's like competing with coworkers on a contuinous basis ..no team work!! They will definitely let you know everything you have done wrong and will never let you know what you have done right! The reason why they can't get anyone to stay and their turnover rate is so high is because they set u up to fail!! They waste tons of money! They pay you salary and work you to death! Everything they tell you in the interview is all a lie ... they get you to leave your job and then you find out what it's really all about! Their senior ops in the Greensboro area is terrible and doesn't properly train and prepare you for what your about to get into! One positive note the surgeons are wonderful!
Great place to work, a lot of fun people.
Operations (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 20, 2013
You will never be bored when working for Sightpath Medical. It's a great place to learn new skills everyday. The management is very supportive of a work/life balance.
Poor Company
SMA (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MinnesotaNovember 12, 2012
They don't empower or trust their employees. If you want to be micro-managed and never offered opportunities to develop work here. They tend to over promise and under-deliver.
Pros
iphones, laptop, cubicle
Cons
expensive healthcare, no growth opportunity