Sigma Alimentos

Sigma Alimentos Employee Reviews

Great people
This is a great place to work but the pay isn’t great. The people and the environment make the job here definitely not the pay. Not a lot of other jobs in the area though.
Temp job
It was a temporary job wasn't really no chance for advancement people in my section in speak English so it was hard to communicate and will make the job harder than it will have to because they will be trying to do the same thing that I will be doing it was just it won't a good time
Buena compañia
Buen salario mala comunicacion localidad mala no tienen area para tomar tu lonche
don’t know if it’s worth it for some people.
This job definitely would not be worth it if you want to be able to also have a life. If you are only in it for the money then i 10/10 recommend working here other than that nah .
A job that offers great benifits and pay in the area.
I work for a company bought by sigma called Bar-s. It is one of the best option for the area. The pay is good and the benefits are very good. Work life balance is poor and management can bring down unneeded stress on employees.
Pros
Benifits, Overtime
Cons
Mangament
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Managment does not know what they are doing.
Human resources and other Managers don't know what they are doing. No support from the office management.They did not give me the proper stafff or training to do the job correctly.
Offered a bucket as a restroom
Came in as temp. Hired after a year. Raises are small. Co workers were always easy to work with. HR manager was brutal. Worked 29 days a month. All 3 shifts often in same week. Forced to do tasks fellow employees didnt have too. Offered a bucket as a restroom. Left after being forced to work 3rd shift after 4 yrs with the company.
No family men
Pay and benefits are great would recommend for single guys not for those with families. Too many days and hours required. 11 hr days 7 days a week during the summer
Do Not Choose Sigma / Bar-S Foods
This place is stodgy and antiquated. The computer is a blue screen from the 80s. Good Old Boys Club with no career paths for women. C-level all men except for the token HR representative. No career path, CEO is beyond his prime.
Pros
Cons
Old management, retaliation among smart people with suggestions is frequent, no place for women in strategic positions, low salaries, no domestic partner benefits offered.
My mangers sucked
I got fired for telling HR that my manager was a ultra control freak that caused me anxiety and that I couldn't work under her. They were the tax manager and tax director. Both were crazy. My position had at least 5 people rotate through it in last 5 years. With most being fired. Coincidence? I think not.
Collaborative
Great people in the company. Everyone worked together . Environment was collaborative and open. People listened to each other and opinions were always valued.
food production
Good place to work weekly paycheck health benenfits. sometimes work long hours. good pay i would highly reccomend this place to all people. very cold clean place
active work place
It keeps you busy. With lots of hours and working 6 days a week. There's always opportunity to expand your knowledge, and grow as an employee. There's always openings.
An awesome place to work at!
The staff is amazing and the pay is even better. They strive on safety in the work place and they give each employee the chance to move up in the company. They are very fair.
A job
Lots of old school management tactics. Management sleeping with employees. Extreme Nepotism, constraint turn over, false promises, 50-50 chance you get your annual bonus after you hit ur numbers. Was told by management that all sales were not real because economy was strong therefore they don’t have to honor the bonus program.
Pros
Water works industry is strong
Cons
Nepotism, old school business model, in office affairs
Sigma
Stress free work place .work days and nights . work in small building 12 hours a day a 2-2-3 work schedule..................m..........m..............
Cons
Good group of people working under awful management
The work ethic of the teams is good but overall the management is so uninformed and unwilling to educate themselves, the work that is good gets as much recognition as the work that is awful.
Pros
Free Hot Dogs
Cons
Ideas not solicited nor understood
hard work - but loved my job
love my job - very sad to see the National relief Driver program being discontinued. I Think that they actually still need this program. Wish they would have been able to keep this program going for a few more years
Pros
great pay - chance to learn and grow
Cons
program closed down
I like working at sigma. They gave me a chance. While a lot of other companies would not because of my background. The pay is very competitive compared to a lot of companies.
Waste of time
They will hire you on the spot and promise you overtime. You won’t always have overtime that’s normal but They don’t train you properly, you have to learn as you go on your own . They are not kind to mistakes....Even if your just starting out. The only way for you to actually get around is to learn on your own since no one really properly trains you. If you make a mistake you will get written up , which to me doesn’t make sense to me since the definition of a mistake to them is breaking a machine , which is the most mistake there is . But let me explain myself before you draw conclusions...the reason y machines break bc of employees trying to meet the required amount of parts, but trying to reach that number is hard to reach Bc of the simple fact that the machine will have downtime. There’s a lot of definitions of downtime that happen that is normal for any company .that being said it’s not always possible to reach the amount required. The company doesn’t care if you turn in anything lower that what’s required they only look at the numbers and don’t see to the source of the reason when they should.For a lot of downtime mishaps you will get written up for that happen literally all the time bc of the fact that they want you to get a certain amount in by the end of your shift no matter what and the only way to do that is by going at a fast pace, but then like I said downtime exists if you go to fast or sometimes just happens bc it happens and then you get told it’s ok to go slow but then honestly at the end of the day they only care about the number you got and nothing else ,so - more...
No management support. No proper management training
Show up to lead me team whom was never fully staffed Worked 10 + years very little support. Management always blamed someone else, No HR support for management or staff.
Pros
Enjoyed the people i worked with for many years
Cons
No support
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sigma Alimentos. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2