SIGNAL CENTERS Employee Reviews

Having fun helping others
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 30, 2017
Rewarding work at the adult day center by assisting caretakers provided activities such as aerobics, decorations, and more. Network opportunities with business volunteers
Pros
helping people
Cons
limited employment opportunity
Classroom Assistant
Classroom Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 29, 2017
Working with children is the best part of the job. It is a lot of labor physically and mentally. The staff is very helpful and wants to help you succeed.
Positive up beat place to work
Food Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 29, 2016
I begin by delivering breakfast and lunch then i have clean the kitchen and prep for the next day.I work with some really amazing people here. we work with children and adults with mental and physical disabilities.
Productive and enjoyable
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 29, 2015
Training adults with disabilities a great priviledge supervisor are considerate and compassionate with clients, employees and general public.
Nice, calm workplace
Summer VISTA (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 5, 2014
I love working at the Signal Centers! They are nice people.It was a good pay. I enjoyed everything I did. It was fun and laid back.
Pros
good pay. nice people. interesting.
Cons
short-term
Loved being around children
Asst. Coordinator of Children's Services (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 17, 2013
The best part of the job was helping children with disabilities. Getting to spend time with the children also was rewarding. The job itself was not challenging enough for me and, unfortunately, there was a culture of gossip among the administrators that I didn't enjoy. The teachers and teacher's aids were wonderful on the other hand and probably some of the kindest, most generous people I've known.
Pros
Helping children; being around children.
Cons
Poor salary
Working at Signal Centers
Adult Center Assistant/ Clerical Worker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 8, 2013
A typical day at work started out with the clients coming as the buses brought them. They would get breakfast when they came if they wanted it, if not they would just talk with each other and to us. This was a day center for the physically and mentally impaired. After breakfast was over we would take them to the other room for morning exercise to music. When this was done they would come back to the tabled room and do an art activity. This is how they make money to go to different places like the ball game or the movies, for example. after the activity was lunch time. I helped distribute, serve, and do the clean up. After lunch time was free time for them. They could work on what ever they wanted to do like coloring or word search, for example. During this time I helped with updating and completing files, satisfaction and needs surveys, answering phones, filing, delivering interoffice mail and other light clerical duties. At around 2:00PM they would get a snack if they wanted one. At the end of the day the buses would come, pick up the clients and take the home. I learned a lot from these clients. They are happy lovable people. They all have such big hearts, bigger hearts then people that have nothing wrong with them. They make you want to go to work everyday and if you don't work there anymore, you want to volunteer to work there like I do now. there is nothing hard about the job but maybe trying to make out what a few of them are trying to tell you. But if you listen hard enough you get it. The most enjoyable part of this job was the way these people make you feel each and  more... everyday. They are so excited to see you when you come in and all of them have to tell you hi and that they love you.  less
Pros
the clients, the job, getting paid to do this job, the staff
Cons
the job ending
Fulfilling job in my field
Volunteer, Adult Day Center (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 28, 2012
The internship was a lot of fun. Learned how to adequately work with special needs populations.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
internship
Good environment to work in.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TnFebruary 22, 2012
I enjoyed working in the Young Adult Enrichment Program.
The environment was multicultural and always a learning experience.
I watched our program improve the lives of those youth who truly embraced it.
Pros
mulicultural environment
Cons
insufficient training
Wonderful agency focused on increasing the self-sufficiency of people wth disabilities!
Assistive Technology Professional (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 11, 2012
I have worked at this organization for 10 years, 7 in the current position, and have felt a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment from every day of it! This is probably true for most all employees at the agency. Goes to show that although the monetary compensation is not grand, there is something keeping those people working there! Only ready to move on to greater things! People of all ages, with all types of disabilities in this community have benefited from the services of this agency.
Pros
flexible hours, relaxed atmosphere, great free coffee!
Cons
limited advance, low salaries/, benefits not good, management not chosen by merit or qualification

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SIGNAL CENTERS. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2