Signarama Employee Reviews

No training as promised, you get fired the next week.
Sales Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2018
I was promised training by my trainer when she just did her usual work and most of the time ignore me or just look as if I'm annoying her everytime I had a question. Then I get thrown under the bus over something that I was not even here for and that ended me up on the chopping block.

I would not recommend such a place where they promised so much but they give you dust bunnies in the end and make you fail. Terrible management and I would not recommend anyone going there for business or working there for that matter. I was verbally abused and was lectured over something I have not learned yet!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No training regimen, No benefits
productive workplace
Preper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2018
productive workplace a job to have until I find a better job the job was nice and co-workers were friendly but I needed more pay to support my bills and family
Pros
overtime
Cons
short breaks
Poor Managment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 16, 2018
The owner's were friendly enough people upon first meeting but once yo had been there for a few weeks things are just off. There is no team collaborations or communications. Mistakes on customer accounts are brushed off by management frequently. Very difficult place to work.
Nice small shop
Production Manager/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 8, 2018
Family owned shop with a loose deadline driven environment. The hardest part of the job was working with older printers that had to be troubleshot every few weeks. The culture was friendly
Pros
Family Friendly; weekly pay on Friday and closed at 3pm
Cons
Expensive benefits
You should know your worth before considering this job.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 24, 2018
A typical day at work would start out with a team meeting, that sometimes was inspiring, but more often than not, was filled with banter & condescending remarks, that was supposed to communicate "togetherness". In my experience it was more like a men's locker room chat than a productive meeting to start your day.
Following the meeting, you could anticipate to experience stress, unless you're able to disconnect yourself from what is happening in the environment around you. Very fast paced, and in my opinion, severely understaffed to produce the quality & quantity of products needed.

I did learn how to handle a high volume of customers, organize my days to accommodate high demands, and grew in my communication abilities between both other employees and customers.

I won't deny that there are several good characteristics about the management of this business, but unfortunately their subtleties of disrespect overtime, outweighed the good for me. They left little room for feedback, and disregarded opinions that were contrary to their own. Although I am thankful for what I was able to learn from them, I was also very displeased with their ability to recognize when their behaviors were immature, rude, and degrading. Many times, several employees would leave to go get breakfast, or go to appointments, leaving the remaining staff members to manage their responsibilities, and help to fill in for those out of the office. This was a common occurrence.

The work place culture was very emotionally charged, and dishonoring. There was so much banter present on a daily basis, that
  more... it broke down the trust of the team, creating a very unsteady environment. There was a lot of division amongst employees, and because of this, it created a very defensive work place. No one could correct or confront anyone, for fear they would be made fun of, or talked about behind their backs. At first, I thought of the environment as laid back, and a place where friends are getting paid to hang out, but over time I can see that the environment is overall unprofessional. It's a very independent mindset culture, with little regard for how ones behaviors positively benefits or negatively effects another. There's minimal structure, high- expectation for quick turn-around, with minimal compensation for one's efforts.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of support on a personal level. I often didn't feel like my best interests were taken into account as a person. It was very clear that the most important thing was achieving monetary goals, rather than recognizing personal efforts, personal boundaries, and the needs of employees as individuals. The health of the individual employees of this company, is seemingly a very low concern and priority to this business. There was no paid time off, pressure to work longer hours to complete jobs, and one could expect a lot of hassling when asking for time off.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with new people every day, and getting to partner with people in my community in their vision for their business, or personal projects. I enjoyed the diversity of projects that came through the doors and the ability to meet people that I probably would not have otherwise met.

In my opinion - you won't succeed in this environment unless you have really thick skin, and the ability to stand up for yourself & your own boundaries on a daily basis. I would not recommend this job to anyone who has a family.
Pros
Weekends off, Customers, Creative outlet, Room for growth
Cons
Enviornment, Pay, No paid time off, Stressful work environment, messy
Good People
Salesman/Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VA 22192September 28, 2018
Signarama is filled with great people. Unfortunately, my experience wasn't the greatest but it had the potential to be great. Signarama is the type of place were you have to go in there with a great deal of self-motivation, patience, and willingness to learn. Everyone is busy and the people are the most wholesome people you'll ever meet. It becomes very ingrained in your system because you get a sense of ownership because it's a small business and you want it to succeed. It's a good place.
Pros
Flexibilty and great learning experience
Cons
Work can be seasonal.
Sign Fab (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 20, 2018
I had a lot of fun working at this company, the people there are very nice and well rounded. I learned how to fabricate signs and work in a team player orientated environment, I give this company 5 stars
great owner
Vice President of South East Region (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
Company and CEO show great support to franchisees. Work hard and get compensated very well. Strong work ethic, and immediate results are expected. Good environment.
Loved this job
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Particularly me this was my first job experience in the US, I loved it, practically I was in charge of this branch. I was able to put in the table my knowledge in my MBA degree.
Well-run business with honesty, integrity, and energy as cornerstones.
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GASeptember 6, 2018
Honesty, integrity, and the personal character of ownership and management are outstanding. Management's constant attention to quality of product and the effort to please customers is far beyond what typically exists in today's work environment.
Pros
Always busy, outstanding character of ownership.
Cons
Nothing beyond the normal pressure of deadline-sensitive work.
A Greedy Work Environment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 19, 2018
The owner knows nothing about the business and it shows. They only have a handful of staff and refuse to expand, meaning everyone is overworked and stressed out. The work environment is so fast paced that no one has time to teach the new employees what they need to know. the will hire designers with bachelors degrees, with the promise of design experience, and make them do nothing but secretarial work and answer phones.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Everything Else
Change of Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SC 29063August 8, 2018
Unfortunately, one of the senior staff, didn't want to be there and took it out on anyone she could. Not openly aggressive, but determined to make you feel like garbage.
Pros
a lunch break
Cons
A few
Interesting work place
Sign Technician (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 31, 2018
interesting work, low salary and no career advancement, provided good experience to be a hard working individual. Small work force but learned to collaborate well as a team.
Great experience working with this company.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 26, 2018
I would recommend any potential employee to work for this business. I was treated fair and did not have any issues while working for this company. Great coworkers and CEO.
If you go to work there, you're on your own.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 22, 2018
Sweet like flowers in the field, all fun and games, earn millions of dollars just for showing up for work that day. It's all candy corn and happy dreams. (actually, just the opposite, it's a mess)
Pros
You don't work weekends (maybe)
Cons
POOR work environment
Please stop
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Manville, NJJune 16, 2018
Please make it so that you don't have to do this I worked here like 2 years ago I don't remember what it was like I just remember it was near a steak restaurant
Great!
Sign Installer (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 14, 2018
Learned many tricks of the trade and lots of work force experience has been gained! If being hands on is your things working in the sign industry is the way to go!
Pros
Lunches
Benefits
Rewarded experienced
Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 4, 2018
I helped to build this store from ground since we opened in August 2017.
We built an excellent team and developed a solid group of recurrent customers.
We received a lot of support from Signarama Corporate.
Productive and Fun environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2018
The owner is amazing and I currently share a great relationship with him. He taught me a lot and I wouldn't be where I am today with out him help and knowledge. Great place to work however since it is a small business there isn't anywhere for me to advance with in the company. I had to look else where in order to make enought to support my family.
Great Start for a Designer
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 28, 2018
This is a great gig for anyone starting out in Graphic Design. It is a very fast-paced environment. Very hectic. You will learn about all aspects of the business in this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signarama. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight