Signature Bank Employee Reviews

great place to work and gain bussiness experience.
Teller Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2019
great place to get work experience with business clients., management is very helpful and I have learned a lot about business accounts. this company doesn't have sales products.
Pros
monday to friday work schedule
Cons
expensive health care
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2019
Lots of unprofessional and childish adults working here. Depending on the department it can be a toxic environment with managers that are not interested in helping their staff improve and advance.
Typical corporate culture with subpar compensation and benefits
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10018July 11, 2019
The 401K match is good (up to 7%), but the salaries are below market rate, for back-office at least. They are transferring one department to Long Island, one month after asking employees to hang on if they are feeling dissatisfied, because "change is coming". Well, change came and many people are being displaced, or forced to a much longer commute for jobs that are not adjusting their compensation adequately.

Most co-workers are great to work with, as we are all in the same boat, but some clearly need more training and support than they are currently getting. Management and leadership are sorely lacking. They have converted to a new loans system but were too cheap or lacking foresight to properly train their people and anticipate the unique needs of their business. The new system is a mess and we are constantly fixing things that we were not trained to know how to avoid breaking.

The salary they will offer you is not worth this headache.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low salary, poor management, inadequate training
Stay Away,Run for your Life!!!
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2019
I dont know how to begin what a Horrible and Toxic place this is. They DONOT provide any training!! Management knows nothing but pretends they do by going through the motions of scrambling foranswers to questions. Pay is Disgusting. Technology severely outdated. Coworkers are ignorant backstabbers. Constant cursing and screaming making it very uncomfortable to work. Very unprofessional and rude and no job security . They will use you and then dump you saying you are not a fit for the job. Please Beware donot work here, you will be put into a very Hostile situation making a threat to your physical and mental health.Hazardous I REPEAT STAY AWAY!!!!
Pros
Absolutely Nothing!!!
Cons
To many to mention
Overall very good company to work for
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2019
Company is very good to work for. Employees do feel valued. Job security and managers that I had were good. Room for advancement is sometimes limited by positions posted that already have people in mind to hire.
Pros
Company events
Cons
Short breaks quality of healthcare service
Productivity in Workplace
Funds Transfer / IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2019
Great team effort in Wire Transfer Department. At Signature Bank, I have been responsible for all functional and line of business reporting, and customer relationship building; progress updates, developed business strategies and production design. Author of high-level requirements, process flows, UAT test cases and move to production sign off processes and controlled and escalate issues including risks, manage timelines, task and ensure alignment and consolidation of functional and line of business and system planning on execution efforts including creating cost cutting procedures.
Pros
Lunch events
Cons
Meeting minutes and sessions not communicated though out the department
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2019
I really enjoyed working for this company. Very professional environment. Opportunity for growth & advancement in your career.Competitive salary,pleasant staff,relaxed workplace.
Pros
Benefits, career advancement
Customer Service
Private Banking Senior Client Associate Officer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 21, 2019
Our clients are provided with exceptional Customer Service. Private Banking Signature Bank clients consist of high net worth customers. Their continued satisfaction is our utmost goal.
Multitasking is very important aspect of this job. Must have excellent written and verbal communications and be able to work with all clients from an entry level employee to the CEO.
Time management is crucial since you are constantly multitasking on the job.
A broad background in the Financial Service Industry is extremely helpful and is beneficial in solving clients issues and/or banking inquiries.
Management is very focused on the clients satisfaction.
Pros
Structure of the Bank
Cons
Advancement limited
Sounded very nice but it ended up be very boring and unpleasant
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJanuary 22, 2019
My summary just about covers it. It was a job that sounded like it would be very nice however once I started, most colleagues were very rude and you do basically nothing all day. Also, getting ANYTHING done with HR was impossible. They NEVER answered the phone or Emails. That was one of the most frustrating parts.
Analyst: Not a good experience. I am currently looking for a new job.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2019
The bank does not value employees for multiple reasons. The pay is below industry standard. Also, there is no work/life balance because the bank is short staffed (they want to save money). There is no job security, if your manager dislikes you, you will be fired (They tell you that you are an "at-will" employee). There is no growth opportunity and performance feedback is based off the negatives instead of the positives. The computer systems are extremely outdated. Also, management are all friends and family of the executives, and are beyond unprofessional, you cannot express any of your concerns in confidence because the manager will threaten insubordination. If you don’t like being micromanaged, I recommend that you don’t work here, because you will have someone breathing down your neck every day. It’s full of questionable ethics, preferential treatment, and misconduct.
Pros
Some Holidays off and Medical Insurance.
Cons
Below industry standard pay, Does not value employees, No work/life balance, No Job Security, No growth opportunity, Systems are extremely outdated, Management is beyond unprofessional
The hardest part of job
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2019
It was hard for me because I was doing something that I shouldn't be doing because I was just not the right age for me to do all that work but I did it anyway. The good thing is I understood it and learned more.
Very difficult place to work, Very Stressful & long hours. Very poor management & cut-throat politics
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  New YorkDecember 20, 2018
Short Staffed and very long hours. Expected to work 10 to 12 hours days, and on weekends. You literally work 6 to 7 days a week. Poor family and work life balance. Understaffed for months on end and will leave you without lunch for months.

If you are new, you are on your OWN. Managers don't like to train and they expect so much from you. Micro-managers lacking interpersonal and management skills.

Very low moral & poor work environment. Others have been treated poorly and humiliated in front of other employees, even for asking a question. Lots of bullying and very demeaning the way they treat their employees. Daily stress is terrible.

Technology is embarrassingly out of date.

Blurred the line between the professional world and your personal life. Asking inappropriate work unrelated questions which tended to be on the personal side.

They have the highest turnovers I have ever seen at a company.

Also, highly political company. It's all about politics. Very little room for growth change or advancement
Pros
401k match, free coffee & tea in the kitchen
Cons
Short-staffed, work long hours & weekends, micro-management, stress, bullying, out of date technology, high turnover, politics
Internet Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2018
Fast pace work environment. If you're a self starter, problem solver, then this is a good company for you. This company encourages advancement and personal growth. Great workplace culture.
Pros
Great culture, benefits, good people.
Overall an enjoyable place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 31, 2018
I start my day waiting for our internal work we get from a carrier. We get large amounts of deposits daily from the carrier. Our bankers also give us work they receive through fedex that we have to process. We check our emails daily throughout the day. We get official check requests from other branches that we need to process. Between 5 to 20 checks a day. Assisting our clients that come into the branch is the most enjoyable part of my job. I like to provide great customer service. I like speaking to them and helping when they are in need in any situation. My manager is fair to our team. She provides her assistance when its gets very busy. We all work together as a team. Team work is very important in the work place, it makes working more enjoyable. I cannot say what the hardest part of my job is. I do not consider multi tasking difficult because I like to be busy and do my job.
hiring process horrible and not many branches
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2018
They have worse hiring process, First they will schedule you for the interview then 2 days later you will get a phone call saying that position already filled,
They do not have walking traffic, they have a client groups who call the customers and bring the business .
Very borning job, they only hire if you know any one from inside .
great place to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Sgnature Bank is a great plave to work in the heart of NYC. A lot of great people and also technology to work on. Always looking for change and for cutting edge technology.
Very nice place to work.
Temp Human Resources/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
I worked at Signature Bank as a temp.

The staff in Human Resources and Payroll are very hard working
individuals. Very professional and overall a very professional place to work.

I wish them the best......
Limited promotion
Financial Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2018
Limited promotion opportunities. Organization operates in two parts with the private client groups behaving with a superiority over the financial centers
it was a great place to work but they staff are under paid
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2018
HR department is never helpful when employees reach out for help. the employees there are under paid. they used to have holiday parties where employees can build and network with other departments.
Average Day
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2018
I would come in grab a cup of coffee with a fellow employee, discuss how their commute was. Ask what their schedule for the day was. I would go back to my desk to read an article or two then get to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Bank. Our community is ready to answer.