Signature Flight Support
Coronavirus update

Signature Flight Support Employee Reviews for Baggage Handler

Baggage Handler13 reviews
United States13 reviews
No matter if you are experienced or not, there is little opportunity for advance to management positions if you are a technician. Often after technicians become managers, they are lazy with the work.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Some lazy leads who does not help at all.
They say that the weather is why people leave the job but once you’re in there the weather is the least of your worries and the management from above does not care about you we do so much compared to other airports and don’t get payed for it or get any pay raises for extra qualifications just stay out of this job.
December 30, 2019
We appreciate your feedback and review. There's no doubt that we're a part of a dynamic and exciting industry. We appreciate the contributions of all of our individual team members and they're flexibility as our needs fluctuate. It's a priority for us to regularly review our pay practices and strive to offer competitive compensation and benefits for our industry. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.
They are a decent company to work for but management is decent they have there ins and outs and pros and cons of management environment is relaxing can get busy at times
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Not enough pay
June 14, 2019
Thanks for writing a review and for providing our customers with Signature service in Roanoke. People are central to everything we do at Signature Flight Support so we regularly review our pay practices and strive to offer competitive compensation for our industry.
routine job
park planes, fueling and pushing back

management is fair but not responsible

hardest part of the job would be the weather. Sunny, cloudy, rain and snow we are out there working.
March 24, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. Signature Flight Support offers a unique opportunity to work in the exciting and dynamic aviation industry and sometimes that does come with unexpected weather conditions. We have roles for those who thrive in an outdoor setting and those who prefer an indoor work environment. We truly appreciate the hard work of all our team members and we value each member of the Signature family. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for all you do to deliver on our Signature Service Promise in all kinds of weather.
This place pretend you to work hard for low salary. If you choose the evening/night shift it is horrible. Airlines in ACY MOST of the time are DELAYED and you HAVE TO WORK your shift until the LAST flight of the night arrives. They will tell you your shift is until midnight or so but because there is short staff (everybody HATES that shift) is going to take you forever to get the job done. Your shift is over when you clean that LAST plane normally around 2am and some cases after 3am. If they hire you as a ramp service they will make you do the CLEANING as well(this is supposed to be a different staff), plus other stuff not included in your position title. Yeah, SUCKS! a lot of lies to get you hired which is so wrong. Groups of People get hired and leave in 2 weeks. If you have no family and want to make low salary working here this is your job. If you like to do mandatory overtime this is your job. otherwise stay away.
Pros
overtime
Cons
everything
March 24, 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. We wish you could have experienced the positive supportive work environment that we strive to foster across our network. Signature Flight Support operates in the exciting and dynamic aviation industry and we appreciate our team members' scheduling flexibility as our needs fluctuate. We wish you all the best in your new role.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
My experience great I loved working around the aircrafts the people on the most part where great to be around. But there were people that didn't take the job serious
Pros
The customer
Cons
Holidays
October 22, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are pleased to hear you had a positive experience while working with our West Palm Beach team. Best of luck in your new position.
Enjoyed working with the aircraft and Flight Crews and fellow co-workers. Did not get a raise until my last pay check. Training was good from computer and hands on.
Pros
Co-workers worked well together and supported each other
Cons
Poor pay. Lack of recognition for job well done by management.
Nothing but airplanes all day every day. The guys you work with ar very interesting. Always a laugh to be had, and always something to put your feet on.
Pros
payed lunch
Cons
it gets cold outside
DONT INTERVIEW. DONT WORK HERE!! I promise you it is the worse. Management is Awwwwfuuul!!!! P.S. I still work here, so im no ex employee that is saying this to get back at the company. I hate it here. The peopleo work with hate it here. So yourself a favor and pass. Like I should have!!
Pros
Co-workers. We all are like prisoners of war, or should i say the economy. Stuck. But all in it together.
Cons
Management management management.
Didnt work for company too long, was ok while i worked for them
Pros
Cons
Pay, Healthcare
I work here as a seasonal employee for many years and I enjoy working there. The people treat me great and I look for to going to work.
Pros
Working with air planes
Cons
Seasonal
I love aviation working on all kinds of aircraft loading and off loading flights is what i miss.
Pros
benifits, hands on training, the smell of jet fuel, watching the sun go down on the flight line, runway lights.
Cons
working outside in winter, deicing aircraft.
Had a schedule of planes that I fueled each day. I learned about all types of aircraft and fueling them in a safe matter. The hardest part was when a air plane was late and had to adjust to changes, but I over came all diversities. Enjoyable part was just being around aviation.
Pros
being out side and around aviation
Cons
na
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Flight Support. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
Ratings from women
2.3
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Career recommendations for Baggage Handler
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more