Signature Flight Support
Coronavirus update

Signature Flight Support Employee Reviews for Line Service Technician

Line Service Technician121 reviews
United States121 reviews
Good company I just wish there was more I could say about it. I will say that the perks of meeting people were a definitely plus :)
They will mistreat you and there is nothing you can do. You can report it and HR does nothing. They will throw you under the bus, say one thing then screw you over. They're more worried about making money than keeping their employees. There is no room for family life, being injured and they won't give you the pay raises they promised. Your schedule will change without notice.

without notice
Cons
They could care less about employees
Signature flight support is not a place I would ever work again. The management don't seem to know what they are doing. When it's slow they cut hours. So if your full-time be prepared to work 32 hours. There are no scheduled breaks you work your full-time shift.
The current management has a specific agenda that enables only certain people to grow and expand their knowledge while others are left behind. Constant micro management creates an environment where learning new skills or abilities is greatly hindered. Poor decision making made my management in terms of contracts has greatly reduced the companies business leading to a much weaker sense of job security. If you are looking for a decent paying job and the ability to be around some high-end aircraft this is not a bad job. However, if you are looking to expand your knowledge within aviation or business by acquiring new skills and abilities I would recommend going elsewhere.
Prior to working at Signature, I've had about 5-6 years of aviation experience. I've been working in the aviation sector since I was 16, so that gives me almost 10 years, I have NEVER had an experience like I had at signature. Ive dealt with a lot of people but this place takes the cake for the worst. Everyday I walk in to work and do my absolute best, and the management isn't satisfied. They are quick to point the fingers at everyone but themselves. They notice your flaws before they notice your good qualities. My GM is an idiot (I mean that from my heart) and only has a GED and can't even do the basics of his job. I personally don't feel like Signature as a whole is a bad place to work and I am considering transferring to another location. I just think that this base really needs a reality check and management update to better benefit the location and company.
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Signature is overall a pretty bad place to work but does have some redeeming qualities that I will list here:

1. They have snacks

2. They have fuel

3. There is adequate parking for airplanes

If you put all these together what do you get?

A fancy gas station for airplanes!

If you enjoy working at gas stations and like to eat popcorn out of the same type of popcorn machine they have at The Jiffy Lube up the street, then you should apply today!
Pros
Snacks, fuel, parking
Cons
Pilots, flights attendants, customer service
The work force is friendly and helpful, the pay is poor, and the conditions can be extreme.site operates 24 hrs a day all year, with 3 shifts, most work is done out side in all weathers.
"No two days are ever the same!" Equipment is unreliable in every sense of the word. GSE trucks, fuel trucks, deicers, etcetera, they're all outdated and break constantly. Instead of replacements, they get "repaired". Employee job satisfaction doesn't matter to corporate, it's all about if the job gets done or not. Coworkers and local management do their best.
I worked in the Sioux Falls location. I have worked in the Aviation Industry since getting out of High School, from the airlines to security. This by far was the worst job I have ever had. The job itself is great, easy, and allows you to see a variety of both civilian and military aircraft, as well as visit with pilots from all walk of life. Management however is a nightmare. They will stab you in the back without hesitation. Do not injure yourself on the job either as they will retaliate. Several supervisors were over worked, and under appreciated and thus left. Now all that is left is corruption to the highest level. You would be better off working at Maverick (the other FBO at FSD). Since leaving, talking with other pilots, Signature continues to go down hill, with many pulling their services from them.
Pros
Aircraft, pilots, meeting different people
Cons
Pay, hours, management above all
At the end of the day, the management just throws bodies at the work and tells the supervisors "just get it done". Our customers are clearly annoyed with us and there is never enough people. Every employee keeps stating the job is clearly not explained to them in the interview and you will never receive a raise, ever. You are expected to work over 50-60 hours and when were short, your forced to work 7 days a week. Management will always do what they want and what is best for them and their pockets, not what is best for the company. Here at Atlantic City, you are a number, not an employee.
very task oriented. Co-workers are some of the best I've ever had. Really makes going to work enjoyable. Everyone seems driven to better themselves as well as performing their work efficiently and safely.
Shift Lead was a arrogant jerk and thought he was some sort of a hot shot fly boy. Always took the easiest jobs while everyone else is working their tails off nonstop. Management is poor and could care less about it's employees.
December 30, 2019
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate each one our team members and their hard work. We wish you could have experienced the positive supportive work environment that we strive to foster across our network and encourage you to contact our confidential hotline at 1-800-428-5554 to share more about this. Thank you for your contribution to Signature Flight Support and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Typical day at work requires lots of moving around, attentiveness and responsibility. You meet tons of interesting people and lots of laughs with coworkers.
December 27, 2019
We appreciate you taking time to share your review. There's no doubt that our industry is fast-paced and dynamic. We, as well as our Signature customers in New Jersey, thank you for your flexibility, hard work and commitment to service every day.
Great benefits,competitive salary,good environment to work., opportunity to improve yourself. You always learning new things about Aviation.

Thank you!

Francisco Rodriguez.
December 27, 2019
Greetings, Francisco. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We're delighted to hear about your positive experience with Signature Flight Support. We appreciate your commitment to service and for your contributions during your time at SFS.
Constantly working overnights and double shifts without time in between to take care of anything in life. Have enough time after work to sleep shower and go back to work
December 27, 2019
We're grateful for your dedication to Signature Flight Support. Our industry is exciting and dynamic, and we appreciate your scheduling flexibility as our needs fluctuate. Our goal is to provide a work experience that provides our team members with balance. Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your contributions to the company.
If your looking for a consistent and steady 8 hr per day job, this is it. The pros are that you feel job security, have guaranteed full time, and can manage life/work easily. The cons, are Low compensation, work in all weather conditions, and low “good performance” recognition or incentives.
This place could be so much better but its not. I've experienced racism at this job, one supervisor was quoted saying I only was hired because I was black, and that black people are always the ones committing crimes. Besides that if your not Hispanic it may be hard for you to fit in most people here speak Spanish. Only cool thing is the airplanes, and meeting the customers.
After Operations Mgr of many years retired, two of the laziest people I've ever worked with were promoted to management positions (one of whom was having an affair with the GM) - "management" looks out for themselves and will not lift a hand to help, even when slammed with work. There was an absence of work ethic, leaving those few of us who did work hard and had consciences to handle the workload. Because of my work ethic, I was promised a schedule of pay raises that would have brought my wage to ACCEPTABLE, but then a raise for the location took over a year and mine was reduced by 50%. It seemed many people were conducting an experiment to see how little work they could do and still receive a paycheck. Miserable work experience!
Pros
There were a FEW good coworkers (minority of employees)
Cons
Low pay, poor/lazy management, lazy work culture.
October 5, 2019
Thank you for your review and for your time with Signature Flight Support. We truly appreciate the hard work of all our team members and we value each member of the Signature family. We’d like the opportunity to address your specific concerns. We encourage you to contact your our confidential hotline at 1-800-428-5554 to share more about your experience. Thank you for your contribution to Signature Flight Support.
Ok experience with customers and pilots but lack advancements. Work experience is mostly outside and heavily influenced with customer care and needs. Early entry job.
October 5, 2019
Thank you for posting a review. Signature Flight Support's training and professional development opportunities are designed to help team members reach their career goals. Team members are encouraged to share their goals with their supervisor so that he/she can help outline possible career paths. We have roles for those who thrive in an outdoor setting and those who prefer an indoor work environment. We truly appreciate the hard work of all our team members and we value each member of the Signature family. We'd like to hear more about your experience and encourage you to call our confidential hotline at 1-800-428-5554. Thank you for delivering on our Signature Service Promise for customers in Chicago.
As stated above, the work itself is perfectly fine, but be prepared to be looked down upon by most people who come through. Management seems to not know much of anything, and don't depend on them to stand up for you. The best thing is the coworkers, pay is decent, not great, not terrible.
September 27, 2019
Thank you for sharing this review and for your vital contribution to Signature Flight Support. We are glad to hear you enjoy working with your team members. Each member of the Signature Family is important and we couldn't provide the exceptional service our customers have come to expect without team members leading the way in roles like yours. We strive to train and empower our leaders to use their skills, knowledge, and experience to help everyone achieve more together. Thanks again for your hard work to deliver on our Signature Service Promise.
Nobody likes it there. Not the customers nor the pilots that come there on a daily basis. The pay is low and the company doesnt care for employees too.
September 27, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We wish you would have had a more positive experience while working with Signature Flight Support. Our team members are at the center of everything we do at Signature so regularly review compensation to ensure we are offering competitive pay for our industry. Best of luck in your new role.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Flight Support. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
Ratings from women
2.3
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Career recommendations for Line Service Technician
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
Popular locations for Line Service Technician in US