Signature Flight Support
Coronavirus update

Signature Flight Support Employee Reviews for Line Technician

Line Technician28 reviews
United States28 reviews
While I like the work I did and servicing various aircrafts, the management and other team members made the job which to, me is fairly easy, way more stressful then it had to be.
October 18, 2019
Thank you for your review. Signature is part of a fast-paced industry and we empower our leaders to use their skills, knowledge, and experience to help everyone achieve more together. We appreciate your commitment to serving Signature customers in California.
Originally I was excited to work at the FSD location but after a few months the only good manager left. Once he left it went downhill quickly. The GM and the Ops Supervisor are both snakes and will do anything to save themselves a quick buck. They will happily employees under the bus, from front desk to the Line Supervisor.

Do not work at the Sioux Falls, South Dakota location.
Pros
The other employees
Cons
I love the work experience their Central flights definitely fun friendly environment management helps to lead to safety and making sure the operation of held
Absolutely loved the time and experience I had there in Des Moines, Iowa. Management and staff were very helpful and professional. Wish I didn’t have to leave. I really enjoyed my time there.
Working in the aviation field was an amazing opportunity. However, the management of this particular office was very outdated in their methods. Additionally, scheduling was horrible, as was the pay.
October 5, 2019
Thanks for sharing your feedback and for your contribution to the team. We recognize that a variety of leadership and learning styles exist and we empower our leaders to use their skills, knowledge, and experience to help everyone achieve more together. As part of the dynamic aviation industry, our needs and schedules fluctuate so we truly appreciate the flexibility of Signature team members. We regularly review our compensation packages to ensure we're offering competitive compensation and benefits for our industry. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we wish you all the best in your new role.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
If they paid better and looked at safety more then I would consider working there and the safety of the position called for much more attention to give a sense they care.
October 4, 2019
Thank you for posting your feedback. Safety is the top priority for Signature Flight Support. We would like the opportunity to address your specific concerns and encourage you to contact our confidential hotline at 1-800-428-5554.
Actually was pretty cool in the beginning seeing cool planes and meeting cool people..On the other hand,management was a joke,no communication,your scheduled 10 hour shifts but could work up to 13 in one day then still have to be there the next day for your scheduled shift which could possibly be the same,hard worker's don't get the recognition they deserve,expect you to go above and beyond but they won't do the same for you in return.
September 6, 2019
Thank you for your review. Signature Flight Support is part of an exciting and dynamic industry and we appreciate the scheduling flexibility of our team members as our business needs fluctuate. Thank you for your contribution to Signature Flight Support and we wish you well in your new role.
Fun job but pay sucked. Management did not care about employees and the pay was not even a living wage. While moving and fueling Million dollar jets, they only paid $11.00 per an hour.
August 23, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We regularly review compensation to ensure we are offering competitive pay for our industry. We wish you clear sky ahead.
They will hire people off the streets and pay them more than the people that have been there for 10, 15, 20 years for the same exact job. It's really sad
March 24, 2019
Thank you for writing a review. People are central to everything we do at SFS. We appreciate your thoughts as we regularly review our pay practices and strive to offer competitive compensation along with training opportunities to help team members with career development.
Your coworkers are going to define your experience because there are no assigned tasks. My coworkers were great therefore so was my experience. You meet a lot of wealthy people with a lot of wisdom.
March 24, 2019
Thank you for your dedication to delivering on our Signature service promise as part of our Santa Barbara team. We are happy to hear you worked alongside a great team. Best wishes for clear skies ahead.
This is a great start for men and women starting out in aviation or for those men and women finishing up a career in aviation or other industries. It is fast-paced but the rewards of working with various private and military aircraft is a huge bonus. The friends you make are really superb.
Pros
Great work life balance.
Cons
Working in adverse weather can be rough.
March 24, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. Signature Flight Support offers a unique opportunity to work in the exciting and dynamic aviation industry and sometimes that does come with unexpected weather conditions. We have roles for those who thrive in an outdoor setting and those who prefer an indoor work environment. We truly appreciate the hard work of all our team members and we value each member of the Signature family. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we wish you all the best.
Learn about a union and how you stick together to get what’s deserved. Knowledge is key. If you love billion dollar corporations always trying to take from you, then apply now and enjoy.
Pros
Cons
Interrupted lunch breaks, low pay, bad management.
March 24, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. Signature Flight Support offers a unique opportunity to work in the fast-paced aviation industry. We wish you could report having a more positive experience while working with us and we invite you to contact our confidential hotline at 1-800-428-5554 to share more about your time with SFS.
Terrible management no fair pay rates for amount of labor performed.
Only work here if you want to be ran like a dog for 11.00 per hr. Management always asking for you to cover shifts.
Pros
Staight 8 hour shift
Cons
no breaks no lunch
It's not really a career for most people. There are not many advancement opportunities however it is an amazing job for anyone looking to work in the aviation industry. Good place to meet connection and do some networking. Meet other pilots and mechanics. Good place to learn about aviation in general.
Pros
Close proximity to private aircraft, pilots, and mechanics.
Cons
A ton of training, many are annually recurring.
this is a temp job at best. Trucks and equipment are always broken and you are just expected so somehow make it all work, then when so many trucks are broken down and there is a customer issues or there is a airline delay you are basically thrown under the buss. management is horrible and are all buddys with each other so they basically do whatever they want and never get into trouble (including shift supervises) and there is no way to move up in this company no matter how hard you work. signature ict is almost always short staffed as well because of the high turn over rate here they seem to do nothing about, then you are forced to work mandatory overtime or else they threaten to write you up. most people here are looking at jobs on the computer during work hours trying to get out of here. pay is also less then what it is with the other line tech companys, and there is basically no lunch time, just kinda have to eat when there isn't anything going on, some days there isn't time to eat.
Pros
sometimes free food and lots of overtime
Cons
pay, management, equipment reliability
This job is a hands on and you are able to learn as much as you want. The equipment is easy to use. The managers at this facility are always upbeat and willing to continue to train you if you are willing. Outdoor work is a lot, but they do give you a chance to warm up inside when it's freezing temperatures outside. You get to experience a lot of customer contact. The paid vacations is great . Continued annual training is always paid training. Would recommend this job highly fir someone who is willing to start an entry level position. The experience you gain here will teach safety , great work ethic and suoerb teamwork.
Pros
Very good benefits, convenient location. Paid vacation
Cons
Working in severe weather. Lots a safety gear to wear.
Favoritism, not consistent with policy or procedures,,if you not a yes man and have a mind of your own,,awf8 place to work. Discrimination, is also a problem, all employees are not treated the same.
Pros
Fun if you love aviation
Cons
Poor management, inconsistant policyand proceedures
managers need more traing, some managers are alound to take vaction even when the employees are short handed and relly doesn't care about anyone or anything else
Great after school for students in Aviation Maintenance Technology. It can be very very fast paced and then there are days were you basically sit idle for eight hours.
It is a very good up and coming company but it lacks employee support from management as well as your fellow colleagues sometimes. there are some that will take the time to help you but there are times where you will be yourself and no one will come to help when a new problem arrives and it can be your first time going through it.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Bad scheduling, equipment
Signature, for someone who has never worked within an airport or in any other aviation related job then it is a great eye opener to the possibilities there are throughout the aviation field.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Flight Support. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
Ratings from women
2.3
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Career recommendations for Line Technician
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more