Signature Healthcare Employee Reviews

Promise the best, but fail miserably to keep that promise.
State Registered Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Danville, KY 40422January 5, 2019
I worked at Danville Center for Health and Rehabilitation when it was still Kindred! I wish they had NEVER sold out to Signature. I loved my job for Kindred. As soon as Signature bought them out; everything went downhill! The company fired almost everyone. The few employees they kept, were promised that we would see “good changes” coming soon. That was a crock! In the 3 years I reamained at Signature; 4 separate administrators were hired! To be honest; the one that finally stayed needs to go too! I am very relieved to be gone from that environment.
Pros
Cons
Short lunch breaks, hostile workers, short staffed, empty promises of improvement.
Signature HealthCare
Medical Receptionist / Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Ridgely, TNJanuary 3, 2019
I loved working here was the best job I ever had. I learned a lot working here for The Bridge at Ridgely. The department heads work hard and they are very nice and respectful. The job was easy to learn and the overall workplace was nice, clean and comfortable. I liked working there and traveling there was no problem at all. The administrator is a very good person. The business office manager is very good person as well. No complaints about this place at all. The Admissions/Marketing Director is very good and experienced in her line of work.
Great job, but could get extremely stressful at times
Restorative Manager (Former Employee) –  Erin, TNJanuary 2, 2019
I worked at Signature Healthcare for nine years, mostly as a Restorative manager, however my duties included several other responsibilities for which you had no choice in. In addition to Restorative manager, which is a full time job in of itself at a larger facility, I also was forced to be on call manager at least once a week, and one weekend every six to seven weeks. You were assigned to be available and had to swap if you needed a day off. Often times you would have to work a twelve hour night shift after working your regular 7 to 3pm job, not having an opportunity to even take a nap. Nurses were burnt out consistently. CNA shortages were a regular occurrence. Other duties included weekend manager, two to three weekends a year, forced to use your own vehicle to deliver meals from our kitchen to a local independent living facility.
I was able to learn so much about MDS, billing, and had to learn all the company's data points.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the residents.
Good place to work with an awesome team of providers
FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER (Current Employee) –  Brockton, MADecember 26, 2018
Amazing team of providers who work together for the benefit of each patient. The family practice has the convenience of having in-house lab, radiology and multiple other specialties for immediate consult.
Pros
promotion of patient safety & culture of care
Benefits
Healthcare
RN MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLDecember 18, 2018
Decent place to work. Employee benefits leave something to be desired. Opportunities for growth. Great place to work if you enjoy working with the geriatric population.
Cons
Poor benefits
productive workplace
Market Manager Urban South - (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLDecember 18, 2018
Typical day started with census review for each skilled nursing facility. attended one or more of the stand-up meetings at the SNF's.
Reviewed new patient referrals and met with case managers at the hospital and assessed patients for admission for in-patient rehab or long-term care. Met with C-suite people at hospitals to discuss clinical pathways, outcomes and the bundle payment initiative requirements to participate. Worked with clinical staff at SNF's to develop protocols for patient care so as to prevent patient rehospitalizations. I collaborated with the VP Business Development to create a proposal to be submitted for consideration for the bundle payment initiative to capture more Medicare referrals. Conducted the training of admissions coordinators to go to the hospitals and review patients' charts for admission as well as secure a solid payer source.
i learned all about the Bundle payment initiative and how to manage admissions coordinators. I helped to create a team like work culture between the clinical staff and admission. The hardest part about the job was that I was on call a lot. The most enjoyable part was seeing my admission coordinators being self-sufficient in the hospitals and assisting patients back to good health.
Pros
no 2 days were alike-kept it interesting
Cons
being on call a lot
Flexible; Work/Life Balancee
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waukee, IADecember 13, 2018
I enjoy working for Signature Healthcare for the flexibility in scheduling and work/life balance. I was not happy with not having any forewarning that my full-time contract was being canceled and even showed up to work without knowing it was canceled the day prior.
I do like the pay and the ability to choose where I want to work.
Pros
flexibility and pay
Cons
not being told that my contract was canceled
Worst place I’ve ever worked
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYDecember 12, 2018
Signature Healthcare was the worst place I’ve ever worked. Employees are treated very poorly and the Administratior was not qualified for her position.
Pros
Very rewarding to work with elderly population
Cons
Management was a joke
Fun place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MADecember 7, 2018
Everyone is like family. Great place to work, morning huddles to keep you informed. Great incentives and opportunities to grow within the company. I learned a ton.
Good place to learn
REHABILITATION UNIT STAFF NURSE (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 1, 2018
Signature Rehabilitation accepted a patient population with a large variety of acuity which allowed for an excellent learning environment. A typical workday was always stressful as you always had too many patients to care for. However I learned a variety of skills. There were a lot of good nurses at the Cherokee Park facility.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
High patient to nurse ratio
Excellent company
REHAB SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLNovember 27, 2018
Fun and collaborative work culture. Supportive management without micromanagement stress. Excellent programming and opportunities for advancement. Loved this company!
Pros
Well managed
Cons
Limited georgraphically area
Good staff members
Rn staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 22, 2018
Poor leadership which leads to to many chiefs and not enough indians. Managers focus on what IS NOT DONE instead of good jobs done. Every weekend incredible short staffed. Each staff member should be held accountable
Cons
Bteaks and lunches are hard to get in
Fun
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INNovember 15, 2018
I thought it was a good place to work The staff and the residents may coming to work in jovial the management could use some help All in all it was a decent place better than kindred
Great Growing facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2018
It's a great facility to work for for the experience the love of people and the growth. I love how everybody come together and help out one another is a very great communicating facilities.
Stressful enviornment
SOCIAL SERVICES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 30, 2018
Poor management and not alot of career advancement opportunities. There is no one who you are able to escalate concerns to. There is a poor work life balance there.
Great place to work!
Unit charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, Ky.October 30, 2018
The company works with you in all situations. They are very caring when it comes to family issues. Staff is always available to help you with an issue or to answer questions. You can talk to anyone and they will help you.
Pros
Great environemnt.
Cons
Long hours during winter.
Fun and caring workplace
Nurse assistant "CNA" (Former Employee) –  South Pittsburg, TNOctober 29, 2018
I loved Working here .The staff is amazing and there is so much for the residents to do .That is the main concern is making sure the residents are well taken care if and happy.
Part time employee
Part time (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCOctober 18, 2018
Only worked there for a short time. Facility is old, dark and not a welcoming place. Front door opens directly outside keeping front hall cold in winter. Patient care is fair by my observations.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Old building, fair patient care.
Good place with bad management
LPN (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MDOctober 12, 2018
Working here was a great experience and the patients were always the highlight of my day. The management was my biggest complaint. They were always looking for nurses to fill shifts, poorly staffed.
Pros
The patients
A wonderful to work at
Internship (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 10, 2018
As an intern, I was rotating among all the departments. I shadowed the employee I followed that day and finished the tasked she gave me. I have been in the admission and marketing office, medical record office, nursing department, social work department, and business department. I learned the workflows of every department in this healthcare facility.

They have a perfect team. The employees are engaged and collaborative. They have much freedom in doing their jobs. They taught me a lot during my internship.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signature Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.