Signet Jewelers Employee Reviews

Run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYNovember 14, 2018
WORST JOB EVER.......Co workers were always miserable and desperate to catch a sale whether it was theirs or someone else's.
.Managers were puppets had no thoughts of their own, just recited a script now and then...Hours were cut in half... come the first of the year. Basic work given to the same people always. Never understood why you had to sell with 2 people at the same time, especially if you got hooked up with someone who's selling style was soooo different than yours, and someone who really didn't know what they were talking about... uggh Stay away seriously !!! Oh, yeah too much favoritism and changing of sales. Place is ridiculous.. Certainly not a place for someone to work who is passionate about selling really fine jewelry and good diamonds. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE for either one.......
Pros
Discount ..If you like this type of inferior jewelry
Cons
Being there.
high stress, decent compensation
Director (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 12, 2018
Meeting overload and not enough time and talent to actually do the work. Meetings without decisions made. Management, very knee-jerk and driven to make numbers.
Pros
discount
Design and Service Center Apprentice Jeweler
Apprentice Jeweler (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 5, 2018
Previous head/set stone experience? Great! You'll be taking a Bench Test to determine your rating ($$) as a jeweler.
You'll be considered an intro C jeweler if you can manage the basics of chain repair (including hinges), ring upsizing, ring downsizing, tightening and setting of basic stones.
If you can't manage that or are too slow you'll spend around 2+ years as an Apprentice running polishing, clerical work, and perhaps the rare opportunity to sit at the bench to learn something new granted that your chores are done (they rarely will be unless you have other competent Apprentices). They'll dangle the carrot of advancement into classes to become a jeweler in front of you to keep you excited in your position as long as possible.

Quality of atmosphere varies greatly depending on your shop team. If you have a great team you'll have a rewarding experience.
Pros
Plenty of room for learning and advancement... question is when.
Cons
Quality of career depends on the team you're assigned to
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2018
A very enjoyable seasonal job. Good people and good teamwork across the board. Training is always a priority to increase knowledge and efficiency with all employees.
Worst Job I Ever Had
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 29, 2018
I’ve worked for signet for a little over a year and in that year I’ve had 4 managers and have seen multiple employees come and go. This job has terrible compensation. I worked full time hours for a year before I even got offered a full time position. The commission is not worth the time you put in. Just a terrible company to work for, wouldn’t recommend it to anybody.
Pros
It’s a Job
Cons
Low compensation
signet could treat their employees better.
Jewelry Sales Associate, Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 24, 2018
Signet has potential to be the best company to work for if and only if they are more proactive in hiring QUALIFIED candidates instead of people who are liked by upper management. Also the company's "standards" for employees are a little ridiculous. it puts way too much pressure on the employees and therefor more pressure on the customer.
Very low payrate
Jewelry consultant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJOctober 23, 2018
Good computation but bad salary
Although they offer flexible schedule for each person, they pay less than average market. For full line store, workload is simple and straightforward, but for outlet, higher workload with lower paycheck
Run
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  MichiganOctober 22, 2018
This has to be one of the WORST sales jobs I've ever worked in my 17 years in retail! The pay is a joke, management doesn't do their jobs and expects JCs to do it, there is for sure no life balance and the DMs and VPs lie and give u false hope. I have some of the highest numbers in the district, bust my butt for the company and got one of the best reviews in the district and still didn't get a raise. Just run!!!
Pros
Learning about diamonds
Cons
Management at all levels, discount, work life balance
Poor Management
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
Poor management of resources.
Instead of hiring enough sales associates ,
workers are required to work too many hours on their feet which brings down the quality of work, willingness to help guests.
Core Values are only on paper not practiced or encouraged.
Pros
Signet owns several brands
Cons
No space for advancement
Awful
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 13, 2018
Job security is only good because staffing this place is next to impossible because the pay is awful. I have experience which bumps me to a decent amount but barely enough to pay bills. Commission is next to nothing and pay is less than most fast food places. Hours suck and I’ve had to miss WAYY too many important events for this place. I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst enemy
Pros
Cons
Staffing issues, lack of pay, above and beyond standards for low pay

Want to know more about Signet Jewelers?

Ask a question
Great place to advance, if you have the right leadership
Sales Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Midwest RegionOctober 10, 2018
I was able to quickly advance in this company and had the opportunity to work in several locations. The success of the individual varies greatly on the location. You are working FOR a company, but you are working WITH a specific manager- you better make sure they are good enough for you to be their employee.
Pros
company paid trips, good benefits, commission
Cons
short breaks, retail hours, lots of hours during the holidays.
Management gets worse the further you go up
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 8, 2018
Everyone loves to play the blame game. If you need help from a manager above store level, good luck. Also, the "anonymous" reporting system is a joke. There is absolutely nothing worthwhile about working for Signet. They've stripped commission amounts down to basically nothing and they pay you less than that. If you're looking for a job that will drive you crazy for free, this is it.
Pros
Signet has a culture of diversity
IT Test Analyst Lead Corporate Systems (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHOctober 4, 2018
I have worked 8.5 yrs and have experienced many different environments across a diverse set of responsibilities. I have been enriched with the culture.
Not the best option for someone with family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 4, 2018
Working at signet Jewelers was not a great experience. Work to life balance is not exsistent. Plan to work every night weekend and holiday. During the holidays we would work 15+ hours multiple days in a row. If you work hard it is very easy to get promoted, but management takes advantage of power. I would not recommend unless you live to work and that is your only priority. The commission rate is awful. You get paid pennys for doing a lot of work. Payment shows the company does not care about its employees.
Pros
Easily promoted
Cons
Awful pay
Awful place to work
Benefits, Leave of Absence (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioOctober 3, 2018
I worked at Signet for 8 years, I spent 6 of these years in HR. It was horrible, maybe the worst 6 years of my life. I should have left after the first year. But I kept telling myself it will get better, it never did. It was a lesson learned for sure. I tried hard to just put my blinders on, do my job, and go home. It was a hostile work environment and it got worse the longer I was there. I heard rumors about myself that were not true and I know management knew about rumors. But, they did not stop it from happening. There was not an even distribution of the work load. No one paid attention to this. The only time the managers would "try" to distribute the work load evenly is when they would start getting complaints from the field. Management would take a little off your over flowing desk and every thing would be okay for awhile. Until the complaints would start to come in again. It was a never ending cycle of this the entire time I worked there. It does not matter how hard of a worker you are, this is the way it is handled. As I write this I want to point out I was not in any trouble with the company when I left. The place literally made me sick. I was in and out of my doctors office for months. Until a honest person steps in and has some integrity to do the right thing, this will remain the way it is. To the person that posted a review Sept, 2018 benefits/leave of absence, you inspired me to post this on here. You are correct with everything you wrote. Please make sure you get an exit interview and make sure you share all that happened to you. I was not given an exit interview  more... because I was told they did not have my correct phone number. But I know for sure there was at least 6 people that had my phone number in their personal cell phones and many were management.. They will lie and make up reasons they couldn't get in touch with you. I did end up getting to share my experience in another way though, eventually. Those same managers are still there as of Sept. 2018. I could seriously go on and on. But if this prevents just one person from making the mistake I made, I did not waste my time here.  less
Pros
Medical insurance
Cons
please see my review
Ok place to work, managment needs work
Inventory control management (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 30, 2018
Not terrible but you will have to work over time, even if its not mandatory its expected. management is not the best, they dont make you feel very appreciated. You always feel like you are replaceable.
Pros
over time available
Cons
mandatory overtime, sub-par management
A competitive place to work with cutthroat goals and not so great management
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2018
This company is ok to work for but they do want your full attention. Especially being in management they don’t believe in family first rules. They have a fast turnaround because the goals are high and the customer status is low. Regardless of your position you are expected to do everything that the manager does only the bonuses aren’t there for the people that aren’t the manager. From assistant manager to the seasonals you are all expected to work hard and get very limited recognition for it.
Pros
Small staff count
Cons
High goals / poor management / low bonuses/ high turnover
It’s a good company to work for
Regional Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 25, 2018
Signet is a good company to work for. They treats their employees fair. I only wish the oportunites for advancing your career would be greater. But overall it’s a good company which has pulled ahead and has maintained very professional despite all the bad publicity
avoid this company like the plague
managment (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 23, 2018
If you like being sexually harassed verbally abused under paid and under appreciated then this is the company for you .The company will protect the those who should be fired due to illegal activity and terminate any employee that brings up a complaint .
Pros
use to be a great company
Cons
your just a number
Don't do it.
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  FLSeptember 16, 2018
I was a Jewelry Consultant for 5 years and there is no room for advancement in this corporation. Job work to life balance is very poor so if you intend on never seeing your family again, join the signet family.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Every thing else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signet Jewelers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight