Signet Jewelers Employee Reviews

Not what it used to be
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJanuary 13, 2019
Signet used to be better. The commision was better, the management cared more about the customer and the employee rather than just the social media impact and the cost.
I do like to feel like i make a impact on peoples memories
productive workplace
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 12, 2019
I enjoy working at the store that I am in. This is mainly because of the manager. Great person to work with. All employees get along well which goes a long way when it comes to enjoying where you work.
Beware of False Promises
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Store ManagerJanuary 11, 2019
I would recommend not taking employment with this company due to the cut throat nature of the business between stores and employees within the same company.

They do not make good on their promises for promotionand raises do not happen.

The culture does not invite teamwork within the store or local stores.

The company refuses to maintain the store facility such as lighting show cases, flooring, security to mention a few
Pros
good employee discount
Co made some big changes and culture is so much nicer!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 10, 2019
Great commission! Flexible hours! Love the people!
Love the pace and the environment! Hate the people that complain bc they can’t hit their goals! If you have the right mentality and demonstrate the right behaviors, it’s so easy!
very relaxed
Sales Associate/Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 10, 2019
Very easy going relaxed paced environment. You would come in, set the store up, make sure everything is stocked and orderly. When the store is open greet guests in a well mannered and polite way. Do the best you can to meet their needs.
great place
HR GENERALIST (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 3, 2019
great place to work if you are salaried. they do offer training but if your department needs are high you may not get a chance to take the opportunities they have to offer
Workplace environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Customer first views, fast paced work environment, bonus opportunities and lots of merchandising. Work with lots of different people and management is very involved.
Wish I could go back
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 1, 2019
I was young and dumb, this company was my favorite job yet. I should have never left. Their pay and benefits are like nothing in the area. Would highly recommend to anyone.
Very friendly environment to work in
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 1, 2019
I’ve been with this company for 2 years and it’s been a great experience for me. They offer a lot of benifota to their employees and is very flexible as well.
Decent
IT Manager eCommerce (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 19, 2018
This place is ok to work for. It's not great but it's as good as you make it. I worked my way up painfully through the channels but it wasn't easy at all. Very demanding and not much reward.
very good work place
International Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 17, 2018
That was my first job in USA and love it, I did start as packer and got promotes International shipping Coordinator. they moved to Akron OH and laid off us on Jan.19th 2018.
Slow and demanding workplace.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 17, 2018
Management was incompetent and hard to communicate with. Unreal expectations of me being hired part time and making minimum wage but also working 30+ hours a week while still in school.
Pros
None.
Cons
Pay, hours.
Just another day at the office
DC Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHDecember 14, 2018
Depending on where you work in their headquarters or off campus, you can experience something completely different from what I have. Working in the DC has brought many different topics and experiences to light that I wouldn't of thought myself getting into.

Moving from retail to warehouse was a small but adaptable change. Management acted the same but a little bit more lenient unless something serious happened. The workplace itself was decent, very kind security guards helping whenever you asked.

Being on different projects to help better our workplace and make better use of the space we were given was amazing. It was my favorite part about working for the company. I enjoyed that I had the opportunity to be approached by management for assistance.

The hardest part of the job was when needing to work with others. I'm very much a team player, but the same cannot be said about those who I worked with. Everyone is very much in it for themselves and make it a point to let you know that.

My experience working there I have learned a lot about myself that I never knew. Whether true or not is a completely different story. I've never in my life worked at any establishment where I've been ridiculed, slandered, harassed and bullied so much by my colleagues for just doing my work. Although I tried to remain positive throughout my time working there and ignore the onslaught of hideous comments, there were times where it got to me. I've sat in the restroom crying because of how awful my colleagues were to me. It was an every day occurrence. There was never a day were I got away
  more... from the drama. If it wasn't about me, it was about someone else in my specific department, or someone else down the hall. When it comes to working for this company, if you're not at the top of the chain, they sure do let you know. That goes for the entire company and my specific department.

I would definitely recommend working for the company if you like something fast paced. They offer plenty of benefits and opportunities as well. The work I've done was a bit mind numbing at times, but the work as a whole is something I enjoyed partaking in, especially when it came time for projects to be pushed.
Pros
Kind and helpful managers, fast paced, annual raises
Cons
Mind numbing work
productive and fun working place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHDecember 12, 2018
Fast passed, loving environment, management is always there to help with any issues. Everyone is very passionate about what they are doing and friendly to all who comes through the company.
Hostile
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 5, 2018
I worked for Signet for eight years. Went through several promotions. Then when my department was sold they got rid of me and others for rules we were unaware of and been doing for years! They will wear you to the ground and then you’re gone. See the other sub-par reviews in Akron they are telling the truth. There are other companies to work for!
Benefits
Good work environment overall
Credit Authorizer (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHDecember 4, 2018
- normal schedule (can be flexible)
- A lot of benefits
- nice management
- Good steady pay every other week
- Popular industry
- Jewelry discounts
- consistent environment
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very consistent
Run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYNovember 14, 2018
WORST JOB EVER.......Co workers were always miserable and desperate to catch a sale whether it was theirs or someone else's.
.Managers were puppets had no thoughts of their own, just recited a script now and then...Hours were cut in half... come the first of the year. Basic work given to the same people always. Never understood why you had to sell with 2 people at the same time, especially if you got hooked up with someone who's selling style was soooo different than yours, and someone who really didn't know what they were talking about... uggh Stay away seriously !!! Oh, yeah too much favoritism and changing of sales. Place is ridiculous.. Certainly not a place for someone to work who is passionate about selling really fine jewelry and good diamonds. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE for either one.......
Pros
Discount ..If you like this type of inferior jewelry
Cons
Being there.
high stress, decent compensation
Director (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 12, 2018
Meeting overload and not enough time and talent to actually do the work. Meetings without decisions made. Management, very knee-jerk and driven to make numbers.
Pros
discount
Design and Service Center Apprentice Jeweler
Apprentice Jeweler (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 5, 2018
Previous head/set stone experience? Great! You'll be taking a Bench Test to determine your rating ($$) as a jeweler.
You'll be considered an intro C jeweler if you can manage the basics of chain repair (including hinges), ring upsizing, ring downsizing, tightening and setting of basic stones.
If you can't manage that or are too slow you'll spend around 2+ years as an Apprentice running polishing, clerical work, and perhaps the rare opportunity to sit at the bench to learn something new granted that your chores are done (they rarely will be unless you have other competent Apprentices). They'll dangle the carrot of advancement into classes to become a jeweler in front of you to keep you excited in your position as long as possible.

Quality of atmosphere varies greatly depending on your shop team. If you have a great team you'll have a rewarding experience.
Pros
Plenty of room for learning and advancement... question is when.
Cons
Quality of career depends on the team you're assigned to
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 2, 2018
A very enjoyable seasonal job. Good people and good teamwork across the board. Training is always a priority to increase knowledge and efficiency with all employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signet Jewelers. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight