Signet Jewelers Employee Reviews

That place is a joke...
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 21, 2018
"Butt kissing" will provide you privileges that others don't receive. Zero family or social life with this job. Late evenings and all weekends. Cut throat, competitive sales and ''rules'' change on the daily. Managment is clueless on how to lead a team and lack ability to train staff. Everyone walks on pins and needles trying to reach unattainable goals. Horrible and stressful couple of years off my life. Horrible place to work!
Pros
discount
Cons
everything else
Awesome place
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYApril 15, 2018
I really enjoy working here. Everyone is really nice. You do have to be wanting to work with people and want to make people happy. As long as you are ok with that then everything will be good
Work Expectation
Sr. Systems Analyst and Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 15, 2018
Signet Jewelers is a growing company which is currently restructuring its image. The new management team is looking at ways to attract the brightest people.
This is Terrible.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TN and Tyler, TexasApril 12, 2018
I have worked at this company for about 4 years and it was originally Zale Corp but then they were bought by signet and then everything went downhill. There were annual raises under Zale Corp, but no raises under signet even when you meet your yearly numbers. They change policies concerning commissions and aid time off. If you live away from family you will never see them on the holidays because it is mandatory blackout dates from the beginning of November to the end of December. They just really do not care about their employees and they are often short staffed so you have crazy hours. I would highly recommend against working here if you can.
Unfair low salary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTApril 8, 2018
Training is bad, they want you to jump in to the sales floor and start selling after 16 hours of being in the company and 3 hours of system training, This is a LOW WAGE company, my co-workers all low income people, its ridiculous, they ask you to dress up like an executive with tie and suit and make $6.00 commission on $6,000.00 sell. I had a discretionary 10%off for customers, Why they do not give this 10% as commission to employees? if we give it away then we do not receive any commission at all. This company is for IDIOTS. I was unable to afford health care! and no 401K, because I CAN NOT AFFORD with 9.00 dollars per hour.
Pros
just the Diamond selling training, that I use it at my current job
Cons
nothing
Employment
Customer Service E-Commerce and Credit. (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 6, 2018
A thorough and clear interview process. The training was excellent and I felt that the support from management on the job was fair and helpful.I really felt that I was treated well and treated with respect.
Pros
great training for your job, helpful management, clean facilities
Cons
working mostly nights, weekends and most holidays
Fun productive work environment.
Computer Operator Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 4, 2018
Signet is a good company to work for, they provide excellent benefits, team work environment. I also felt that management always went out of there way to make sure the team was well taking care of. Rather it's a day off that is needed or vacation.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Stock on signet changes.
Needs to care about employees more
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 1, 2018
The specific location I worked at the manager was very knowledgeable and had very strong leadership skills. She was great at problem solving and on good days a wonderful motivator. However when not actually dealing with guests or attending to other tasks she would often talk down about her staff to other employees even management.There were times when other employees at meetings were actually really upset for overhearing the way she talked about her employees. She made it extremely clear that she was the boss, it was her store & things were be done her way even if it wasn't by the book. I've worked at multiple locations and never really had any issues with requesting off, vacation ect.. at this store EVERY day you put it in as a request was approved at her convience not the stores and often were approved with very little time to spare. The favorites got what they wanted 95% of the time and everyone else just watched. Promises were made that never were kept as well.
Can be good, or can be stressful
Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 30, 2018
There are lots of good things about working in sales, but sometimes it can be overly stressful, cut throat, and favoritism plays a huge part. There's no "good job", it's always, "why didn't you do more". Add to that a company whose own CEO struggles with the bad direction of the company for the last several years and its a tough environment.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, hypocricy in management
Fun place to work
Business analyst (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 28, 2018
The company has very flexible work environment and very good facilities on site for employees. Good work ethics and friendly environment for employees.
They are closing the call center in Dallas
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2018
They promised us permanent positions and then informed us that the would no longer be open as they were closing the call center and moving it elsewhere
Happy Office Enviornment
Merchandising Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 27, 2018
The Signet office in Borehamwood is was a great place to work. Everyone in the office is friendly and welcoming. The and the managment and guidance I received was invaluable.
"Bench Jeweler Apprentice" job ad
Bench Jeweler Apprentice (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMarch 26, 2018
Be very aware - these ads are mislabeled. The "bench jeweler apprentice" is NO SUCH Thing. It is a very low paid Admin job. I applied for this position. I went through 2 separate interviews only to be offered $10.95 - 11.00 an hour to start. SERIOUSLY? I was told that the job was mostly admin work and IF you finished all the admin stuff and had time left over in your day then you could "apprentice."
This is a major corp and they are offering admin jobs at barely more than minimum wage? Even w. those candidates that have years of admin experience and a college edu. How do they expect employees to pay back their student loans let alone have a stable roof over their heads????? It is disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do NOT spend your hard earned money at this corporate owned business. They are an example of what is wrong with this country and its work place.
Cons
pay, treating ppl w/ respect
bad district management
repair shop manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLMarch 25, 2018
When we got a new district manager in Florida, the corporate managers in Ohio had something in mind: Cut expenses/ get rid of high paid employees/lower managers bonnuses, get as many APRENTICES as possible, on all areas, etc. Result: Low paid salaries/ firing of great jewelers and filling up those positions with APRENTICES, as a result you got: Bad quality on repairs/ mixed repairs envelopes , mistakes on shipping, Terrible rhodium, polishing and Bad quality control.
Pros
Retirement 401k
Cons
Heatlh care
bench jeweler trainee
Bench Jeweler (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMarch 12, 2018
Manager had very poor communication skills. Shops are run as piece-work with heavy quotas. Unrealistic performance expectations were coupled with very very low wages and raises. Signet views all it's shop employees as disposable, esp. the "trainees" who are responsible for tracking and shipping jewelry. Honest workers are expected to break rules to make quotas. hazardous working conditions.
Pros
ok job for recent HS grad still living at home
Cons
poor pay, stressful, ludicrous raises
Worst place I’ve ever worked before
Jewelry consultant (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, OregonMarch 8, 2018
Worked a ton of hours for nothing. Manager takes their time with lunches and smoke breaks with giving trouble to the associates who don’t smoke that they need to hurry up their breaks and lunches. Coworkers especially manager steals sales to make themselves look better for the DM and corporate. Never given compliments just put downs daily.
Cons
Managers take long smoke breaks several times a day, cut throat sales, managers steal sales
Fast-paced environment with few opportunities for advancement.
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 6, 2018
This is a fast paced and competitive place to work! There are a lot of great people that work hard to get the job done every day! It offers a diverse work environment that is inclusive to all. The challenges are finding opportunities for promotion within the company.
Pros
Discount on jewelry
Cons
Compensation is not competitive with other businesses in this area.
Good work environment
Director of Distribution (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2018
Everyone works together as a team. It is a friendly atmosphere. The vacation time has been expanded which is always a plus. The teams collaborate well in order to accomplish company goals.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
home office is in another state
Welcoming culture
Great location
Not many advancement opportunities
Good benefits
Friendly coworkers
Stressful , Negative, depressing, HORRIBLE .
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMarch 1, 2018
High stress, very unorganized p.o.s always breaking down (even on black Friday ) Employees being terminated left and right from the stores to the corp office. High turnover. I saw 5 district managers in less than 2 years. Very stressful, depressing. I saw many managers, team members, higher ups terminated what seemed to be for "no reason" or "made- up" reasons. No bathroom and I was told I was not allowed to use the bathroom (10-12 hours) ended up in urgent care with severe UTI decided I was not going to listen to "that rule" ever again. Difficult to get your lunch or dinner break usually 1 person working and forget about eating in the store between customers it's a Health Law violation so that was out as well. Benefits were great but, expensive. I wonder if any complimentary reviews here are posted from corp?? The only good thing , the customers were awesome. If you're desperate for a paycheck go for it , in my view you can do so much better why suffer?
Pros
The customers
Cons
everything else