Signet Jewelers Employee Reviews

Stressful
Bilingual Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 12, 2018
Mandatory overtime
Management needs serious improvement
Computer systems are way too outdated
problems with our website year after year yet the company does nothing about it
In my personal opinion
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 9, 2018
Overall it is a good company with great core values. However, People work for people, so it's how you manage your people, In the length of time I worked at Signet, I found that the philosophy of the company is a great concept, if only the follow through was the same. Of course you come across a manager or District Manager that is dedicated to your growth and development but as they say, the Good Ones always leave. At least this has been my experience.
Worst Company I've Ever Worked For
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 2, 2018
Horrible pay and commission schedule. Work you to death for nothing. Manager was a good guy but upper management put pressure on him constantly. Nothing good to say about long term prospects with them.
Pros
Not many. Helping customers for their special day.
Cons
Lousy pay. No advancement.
yes productive
Sorter/Let (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 27, 2018
Working in the computer and checking the sku the jewelers before send to the customer or the store.

Inspected the jewelers call the customer talking.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
no shot break
It wasn't bad.
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH 44333June 23, 2018
As far as collections goes, this wan't a bad lace to work for. I liked it. Management constantly rewarded us with free food days or game days where employees could earn extra cash. We worked on teams and those teams all worked towards one goal. You never had to do it by yourself.
Ineffective Mission Drive
Associate (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 22, 2018
I do not feel as if the people drive the mission, but the mission drives the people. That’s a problem in this business. The focus is surrounded in financing rather than the romanticism of the business. Kay’s is not effective in any way or form.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not flexible with hours/ no training from upper management l
Do Not Recommend Working fro Signet Companies
Jewelry Consultant - Zale's (Current Employee) –  Center Valley, PAJune 21, 2018
I have had the privilege of working management type roles for several Fortune 100 companies and wildly successful innovating companies over the past 22 years. I recognize what it takes to work toward a common goal while maintaining work-life balance, excellent pay, excellent benefits, and strong morale within the ranks. Signet simply does not have the skill sets necessary to pull this off. The pay is peanuts and the company is getting out of employees exactly what they are paying for. They are old school in every way and cannot think outside their own dogma and silos. To me, Signet is in a quick downward spiral.

They promote excellent retail sales people to managerial and directorial roles, but we all should know by now that excellent sales people are great at what they do and not necessarily at managing. This is a not-so-common-anymore misconception and it's causing issues for the company.

Signet is already behind the 8-ball in many ways. They are more of a nonbank lender than a jeweler, stressing their salesforce to push credit over product. Their promotional tactics are ancient, inefficient, and behind the times, and they have a horrible web-based infrastructure both internally and externally.

I would not recommend working for this company except to the most desperate and unskilled of job seekers.
A jewelers golden parachute
Bench Jeweler (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 14, 2018
Great place to work if you don't care about quality of work and don't mind being pushed into to compromising quality for speed. Older jewelers like to retire here because little is asked of them. There is very little economic advancement and bonuses are tied to coworks production. Wages are slightly above poverty level once taxes are removed. Only way to get a significant raise is promotion, but you can't get a promotion of no one wants to train. In addition wages do not keep up with rate of inflation.

I found myself wallowing in deep depression the last few years
Pros
Low level of skill required
Cons
Managers nit pick everything people do, no life outside of the company, schedule changes weekly, have to plan a month and a half for days off which means spotanious time of is impossible.
Productive workplace with attention to detail
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 14, 2018
This line of work requires the understanding of detailed work, a certain level of empathy and professionalism. I learned allot about jewelry that I had no insight of. Management is cool. Workplace is beautiful. The hardest part of the job is not having a parking garage. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping our guests
Pros
Beautiful Facility
Cons
No parking garage
Good Pay Horrible Work Scedule
Credit Authorizer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 10, 2018
Loved working here but the shifts were crazy sometimes and you could end up working 12 he shifts on holidays where the stores will be packed. MOTHERS DAY IS INSANE!!!!
Pros
Free gym, 30 minute or 1 hour lunches
Cons
Work schedules
A great place to develop key customer service skills
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 8, 2018
I worked at Kay Jewelers for nearly three years, and I had the pleasure of working with a great manager and a great team of people who pushed me to provide the ultimate experience for our guests. Unfortunately, the work/life balance was not there, and although giving up the generous employee discount was difficult, I needed to advance my career with a company that would pay better and would not require me to work on weekends and holidays.
Productive and fun workplace
Jewelry Technician/QA Auditor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 7, 2018
I truly enjoyed working at Signet. The workplace was very up beat and you always learned something new everyday. The management team was very supportive and caring.
Sad...just sad.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAJune 3, 2018
Horrible place to work, low pay, horrible benefits, poorly run company. Staffing issues.id avoid this place like the plague if your looking for a stable career type position.
Terrible place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westmoreland mallMay 31, 2018
Management is terrible and not understanding. Favoritism is the only way you will have a chance at advancing I the company. Pay is low. Quotas are unrealistic making it almost impossible to bonus each month.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Jewelry Consultant
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMay 28, 2018
Horrible hourly pay, commission is very very low. I am only with the company to gain sales experience and build my portfolio.

Easy position if looking for a slow, easy going environment.
long hours hard work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Vienna, WVMay 23, 2018
work a lot of 12 hrs shifts, very sales driven, no weekends off, not much training, commission is very good, not very fast paced. lots off down time in off season
Pros
commission
Cons
Worse paying Job on the planet
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMay 20, 2018
I worked here for years under Zales company was taken over by Signet Jewelers, Downhill Low pay under staffed no room for advancement. Discounts suck for employees and customers. Repair center is the worse destroy your Jewelry. You cant provide for your self you have to have another Job to work here. Just a bad environment stay far away.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
Worst company I have worked for
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2018
There are so many wrong things with the store I worked at and the company in general. Emotionally and mentally abusive store manager and assistant store manager, toxic work environment and poor training are some of the cons to start with. If you want your sanity, just run away from that place.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Only for graduates 2015 and above
Computer Operator Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 12, 2018
Like most companies, they focus on the younger people, which I think because they will be happy getting 12-13 per hour, instead of paying experience person 25-above per hour. So, if your young this company is for you.
Pros
Jewelry discount
Cons
The pay
was fun working
clark (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 10, 2018
working with all team members was fun and seniors and Bosses were very nice . worked for 15 years i miss everybody i worked with . company moved to Akron Ohio i wish them all the best in future.