SIGNET MARITIME CORPORATION Employee Reviews

management needs improvement
Pipe Fitter (Current Employee) –  Gautier, MSJune 14, 2017
Management needs many improvement in order for this company to elevate. This company has received a grant from the government for over seven million dollars and has went downhill since.
Golden Handcuffs
Deckhand (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXDecember 19, 2016
The company offers rotation and day work. When hired on at Signet you are owned by the company. They expect you to be at their beckon call and ready to sail at all times, even on your personal time off. For day work you are paid fairly. Just be prepared to give up your family time.
Good place
Port Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, TXAugust 23, 2016
Boat crews are a good bunch of techs and operators. Boats are in good shape and engineering is solid compared to the age of the equipment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
you have to walk on glass if the CEO is around
Very good, new boats with dedicated personnel onboard
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSAugust 12, 2016
I lived onboard, so my typical day started by waking up anywhere from 0515-0600, making my coffee and eating breakfast. The guys would show up at 0700 because they all lived locally. The biggest thing I learned was that it's easier on everyone if you go into a situation with a "Team Concept" mentality. Some folks think their way is the only way, and as an engineer, the more heads you have thinking about a certain situation, the better off the vessel will be. I may not be 100% right, they may not be 100% right; it's about teamwork when you work with a crew of four people.
Pros
Excellent guys on the boats and Engineering Managers
Cons
Who likes to get awakened at 0200? It's part of the job though. Looking back, I really do not have any cons. You're going to get it anywhere.
Great people with great work ethic
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSAugust 12, 2016
I learned more in leadership and the ability to better communicate with with peers at Signet. Signet is a great company with unlimited potential. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The hardest part was being away, but the best part was that I made friends for the rest of my life.
Pros
Excellent Engineering Managers
Cons
Sometimes it's an ego "dance", sometimes people make decisions with no input from the guys that work with them.
No Advacement for Good Worker
1st Painter/Shipfitter Helper Muti-Craft (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJune 16, 2016
At Peace with this Company. Great fun family work place with some co-workers . I wish it could have better for moving up in the company ranks.
Product and Demand
Muit-Craft (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJune 16, 2016
The hardest part was knowing that no advancement was in my future with this company. Management wasn't no help but some co-workers a lot of fun to see everyday. Work from 7-3 Mon-Fri that was great part about the job. Responsible and Dedication being dependable, reliable is the key to success.
A very fast paced intense work schedule
Operations Manager in Signet's Jacksonville, Fl (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2016
Signet Maritime is a good company with a passionate leader. Sometimes the leader's passion exceeds his good sense and there is fallout from that.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
fairly high pressure and no set work hours
Enjoyed my time experience with the company.
Admin. Functional Support /OTV Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSApril 30, 2015
The experience I had while at Signet I will never forget. I learned a lot of very useful information in a very short period of time.
Very strict place.
Tool Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MsFebruary 12, 2013
It was a good place to work, they are just very very strict.I learned how to work efficiently and safely. Some co-workers didn't want to be there, but it is money.
Tank Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TxJuly 16, 2012
Relaxed day to day work but got job done on time. Co-workers were fun to be around with and made day go by quicker. The only hard part of the job was the sun but you got used to it after a while.