Signet Employee Reviews

Productive & fun
Sr bench jeweler (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2019
Friendly environment workplace , self-learning, teamwork, job security (lot of jobs). I love this place because I has learned a lot from my coworks daily from computer skill, programs (people-soft, Trans-collection), everything involved with jewelry repair/production.
Stay away!!!
diligent employee (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 19, 2019
The corporate culture at signet is beyond toxic. I've been with signet in their corporate office for a significant amount of time, and have seen the senior leadership destroy the company over the past few years. This company does not care about it's people. Work life balance is a joke. Plan on 50-60 work weeks, answering emails late through the night and on weekends, and endless meetings that never accomplish a thing. There is no strategy or direction, the leadership is in constant panic mode.
To give you a sense of how the Executive leadership feels about its employees, this year they stopped plowing the parking lots in the winter, removed printers to save on paper and ink costs, cut cleaning services, gave no raises or bonuses, and are about to lay off 20% of the corporate work force in a month. The worst part, the leadership that decided on these initiatives received MILLIONS in pay raises and bonuses.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Selling your soul for good benefits
Seemed like a great company
Transfer check in (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 16, 2019
I was hired in through a temp agency I was not crazy about the second shift hrs but I was more then willing to adapt. There was no proper training. No leadership No management. No clear instructions for anything. Very sad experience. No explanation of termination . I would of made that company a excellent employee
changing leadership leads to unsatisfied employees
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 14, 2019
I would rather not complete this section in detail. The company has altered its course in being employee centered and instead is focused on the online consumer, cutting payroll dollars and reducing merchandise in the stores.
communication
Diamond Evaluator / Bench Jeweler (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 14, 2019
ever since signet brought Zales out they have treated us like a step child. Everything has been decided in Arkon Oh and they do not give us a voice in what we want.
Pros
good paid
Cons
bad commnuication
Toxic environment
Sales Associate Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 13, 2019
Terrible, t.errible place to work. They do not care about the company environment. The bottom line comes first, last and everything in-between. The working conditions are toxic and very unfriendly to work in.
Great Opportunity but Terrible Work Life Balance
Sales (Current Employee) –  Newington, NHMarch 11, 2019
Micromanaging at its worst. It has so many fantastic opportunities but unfortunately those are heavily overshadowed but the amount of micromanagement and expectations. I was expected to give up multiple personal experiences, just to be here and was often made to feel bad if I was not here more than my expected 48 hours.
Workplace - Team Environment
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 7, 2019
The position offered the opportunity to grow and be creative in managing the real estate portfolio in the assigned territory. Team worked together and shared ideas. Achieved our goals. A talented team.
Pros
Work tools and information provided to make our decisions
Cons
Overall Sales of the company
How quickly it went downhill
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2019
Signet, or as it was Sterling, use to be a good company to work for. There were great incentives, bonuses, and career advancements available. Since Signet has taken over, how quickly it went downhill. I am under THE WORST DM leadership possible. The level of micromanaging, demands for immediate responses, and flood of never doing good enough is daily. Those outside of store level never listen to responses to their questions. They simply do not care about store staff nor customers; it's all about how much money is in their bonus and that's it. Corporate has pushed us to do more and more with less and less pay, and now has frozen all raises for 2019. This is a company that offers luxury items, however they want to hire people at the lowest possible wages that they can get away with.
Pros
Direct Deposit
Cons
Signet
Productive and great place to work
Special Orders Rep (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 3, 2019
I really liked my position at Signet and had no intentions of leaving. However, I am a widow and with only one income I was concerned about waiting for job cuts as they are down sizing.
My dept manager was top of the line and I was blessed to have her.
The dept environment was great. Great people and fun times.
Pros
Work was steady and dependable
Cons
Holidays rather hectic, but hey, it is retail
major job politics
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 28, 2019
good pay and okay benefits. There is almost no chance for advancement, Job politics very heavily run things within the department as well as Human Resources.
Pros
good discounts on merchandise, okay benefits
Cons
little chance to advance due to job politics, crooked HR department
Transaction Process
Accounts Payable Processor (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 28, 2019
A typical day in Accounts payable include processing invoices for payment.
Vendor contact, solving payment disputes

• Process and/or update $1.425 billion in Merchandise Inventory and Repair.
• Ensure proper authorization and coding is received on repair shop and supply invoices
• Maintain orderly files for review and research of invoices and payments
• Timely processing of invoices for payment.
• Maintain open line of communication with internal departments, stores, and merchants
• Review store AP detail reports monthly
• Review of weekly aged invoice and charge back reports to ensure invoices are processed timely.
• Contact stores to confirm store level receipt of merchandise when a store receipt has not been matched.
• Prepare and confirm supporting documentation for check runs to validate the check is issued correctly.
• Identify ways to enhance and improve efficiency in the current merchandise payable process and procedures.
• Timely and accurate processing of invoices for payment to ensure purchase discounts are not lost
• Review invoices batches to ensure invoice information is entered correctly into the payable system.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
lack of development, training, advancement
Fun and productive environment based off sales
District Manager - Kay Jewelers (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 26, 2019
This was a great opportunity in both sales and management training. Each store was controlled exclusively by the District Manager and allowed for some latitude in regards to hiring and some promotional decisions.
Store 780 in cleveland, tn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 26, 2019
The management at this location puts on a nice face but when customers walk out of the store she is fueled my drama and terrible. She doesn’t train you properly and then gets angry when you ask her to teach you to do something. If someone walks in without buying anything she will threaten to take you off the sales floor and write you up. There is an unrealistic goal for credit applications at this location. Again, threatening to write you up and take you off the sales floor. The other employees are scared to say anything to the manager. It’s terrible, stressful, and overall very draining.
Pros
Cons
Short lunch breaks, unrealistic goals
Great company, but I was on a bad team
Associate E-Commerce Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2019
The company strives for work-life balance, offers great corporate benefits, celebrates success, and strives to learn from failures. It took way too long to convert me from temp/contract to full-time, so long in fact, that I almost left the company. The company values cross-functional processes and collaboration: i.e., my co-workers valued my knowledge and preparedness in day-to-day actions, and I completed many long-term projects in conjunction with other teams. I unfortunately was on a team with a bad manager who doesn't like change, didn't value other people's opinion, and is waiting to retire. Great company to work for, but avoid the content team if possible.
Pros
health benefits; discounts; office culture; work-life balance
Cons
bad managers are not flushed out
Very stressful, cut-throat environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 23, 2019
I often leave my job in tears due to the stress, insane workload and general confusion. During the holiday season, I worked 60+ hours a week with no overtime or compensation. Definitely NOT a collaborative environment but some of my co-workers are fantastic and incredibly talented.

Just announced a salary freeze (no raises) and a Voluntary Transition Program (VTP).
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Secretive, stressful
I miss my job
Apprentice Jeweler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 23, 2019
I wish I didn't have to move away from Fort Worth Texas and leave my job I loved my job a lot and I wish they would open up another here in Oklahoma City.
Pros
Great work environment very flexible hours for single parents
Cons
There's no cons it was a great job
overall company ok
Jewelry Consultant/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 19, 2019
The overall company is ok to work for. However the Mcdonough Ga location is not. The management there has no clue what they are doing and would rather have the lower employees do the job of a manager and not get paid for it. Management is very unorganized at this location and they go through employees more than they get new merchandise in. Too much drama due to the manager and assitant manager. They tell you about job placement and advancement however what they dont tell you is everthing you learn from this company doesnt give you the experience. Nothing you learn here will help you with another job.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
Stressful
Technical Support Specialist Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Stressful, poor management top to bottom. Non tech folks forced into tech roles, ceo grossly overpaid. Low morale, employees constantly feel like their jobs are in jeopardy.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Amateur management
Used to be fantastic
Lead of Operations (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 13, 2019
This company used to be very enjoyable to work for, however, over the years it has gone down hill. When I first started for the company you had a warm and inviting feeling, now you feel like when you show up you can't wait to leave and get home. I hope that the transformation that is in the works will one day return it to the enjoyable company it once was.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight