Signicast Employee Reviews

Stressful place to work.
Finishing Technician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WIApril 6, 2019
Signicast has gone down hill since becoming corporately owned. Poor planning, poor management, lack communication from management to production, and little paid time off are just a few examples. 12 hour days and every other weekend really takes away from any family lifestyle one might dream of having. Weekly pay at a fairly decent wage is about the only semi-positive to say about signicast.
Productive and challenging.
General foundry laborer (Former Employee) –  Brown Deer, WIMarch 26, 2019
Very hot environment with repetitive work. Great opportunity to cross train in other departments. Generous profit sharing and nice company events. Communication is great between teams.
Pros
Tons of over time
Cons
Work schedule
need new management
Melter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 17, 2019
i feel this place would be a billion times better with new management. management with morals and high business ethics. There should be no bias or friend groups with better treatment than others in such a dangerous environment.
Demanding of ALL of your time 24/7
Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIJanuary 28, 2019
Very high tech company ...cool!. Very arrogant management. Expected to work 13 -14 hr days including holidays. Broken promises to employees. Management regularly swear and yell at individuals in front of other employees. Very demeaning.
Pros
Innovative
Cons
Management, Work demands
job advancement
Dip Departmen Maste Tech (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 9, 2018
I was very happy with the opportunity I was given to move up the ladder at sign cast inc. It was unfortunate I lost my job due to downsizing the company. it was a family orientated company.You were not a number but a face.
positive environment
CNC machine operator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIOctober 8, 2018
you learn a lot starting from day one. the people there are friendly and willing to help out when you are willing to learn. over all it is not a bad place to work.
Fast paced, long days
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WISeptember 13, 2018
This is a place with alot of different jobs to learn. I learned many skills with my time at this company. Although i was the type of person that had knowledge in various positions I didnt feel like I was properly compensated. I made some mistakes and that prevented me from earning what I should have.
This company is in transition
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WISeptember 8, 2018
Great place to work. New ownership and lots of struggles. veteran employees quitting because lack of direction and uncertainty with new management. Pay and benefits are good.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Great job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 6, 2018
I loved working for this business. If i had a chance i would go back to this job. they have very good benefits and great management. this job was the best job i have ever worked.
productive
Melter (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIAugust 16, 2018
the 12 hour shifts were nice due to having 3 day weekends off every weekend the hardest part of the job was working with the extreme heat in the summer
This was what i would call my dream job.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIJune 21, 2018
I liked the people there and with the schedule you only had at the most three days of work then 2 off and a three day weekend every other weekend. It was nice.
The only isue was after i injured my back, i hade to call in and say that my back was too painful to deal with with out meds. But they were docking points against my attendance. Because I didn't say that "my back hearts to mutch to be at work because of my work injury."
Good place to work and grow.
Training and Organizational Development Leader (Former Employee) –  Hartford and Brown Deer WIMay 30, 2018
Changing environment -- works with great communication. The people make the company and are great to work with which is the most enjoyable part of the company!
Great if you enjoy factory
Wax Operator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIMay 9, 2018
The company itself is great, it just was not for me. The managers look out for you and the co-workers are willing to help you. There is a lot of room to grow as well.
Good place to work but managment was bad
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WIApril 18, 2018
This job is a good place to learn alot of new things with metal castings but once you get up to the point where you want to move up they wont have it if you are looking to move up from a normal tech then good luck here if you just want a dtable job that will be there everyday then this is a job for you
Pros
Paid brakes, good benafits
Cons
Management, and andvancement, rumors
Deteriorating toxic environment in IT.
IT Infrastructure Network & Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WIMarch 15, 2018
I have come to find the IT management to be very bigoted, disclusive and isolated, with no sign of counteraction from the executive level as the company was recently acquired and has undergone drastic leadership turnover.
Pros
Benefits, events
Cons
Lack of mature leadership or attention to employee moral.
Signicast was a fast-paced high competitive work environment.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIMarch 5, 2018
I enjoyed learning how to run all the different machines here, all you have to do is ask and they will teach you everything there is to know at this facility. Benefits here were outstanding and I enjoyed being able to pass my skills onto others with a great team building atmosphere.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
12 hours shifts with short breaks
fast paced foundry setting
Finishing Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIDecember 10, 2017
A good place to work with good people and benefits. Hours are 12 hour days on a swinging shift. Conditions are decent as well as the pay. There is room for advancement.
poor internal communication
Strategic Buyer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIDecember 8, 2017
fast paced and stressful. Unappreciated.Because the internal communication is so poor, there are many mistakes made causing extra work for everyone. highly automated.
Foundry with a lot of automation.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WIDecember 8, 2017
Good place to work. Steady employment, lots of overtime if you want it. 12 hour shifts on a 3-2-2 rotation - works great if you are on day shift. Shift premium is good.
A clean place to work, the work area was set up efficiently.
Wax Tech/Machine Tech (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIDecember 1, 2017
While working on the CNC machines, I would get the l parts delivered to my machine by a conveyor and a robotic system. The finished parts would be weighed and taken away by the same system. While working in the wax department I would work with large tanks and mixers to add the ingredients to make the wax that we used to make molds. We made metal castings.
Pros
We had two fifteen minute breaks and one twenty minute break.