Signify Health Employee Reviews

Not very good pay, upper management disinterested in NP's.
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 13, 2018
I have worked as an NP and am sad to see that the company is decreasing the salary from 100 per visit to 80 per visit.
There is so much charting work and driving time that the hourly rate is closer to 35 or 40 dollars per hour.
The company doesn't really address the needs of the field staff. When concerns were raised, nurses were told it was unprofessional to discuss with the whole group.
Scheduling must be very challenging, I can appreciate that but I frequently had days of driving an hour to start, 30 to 45 minutes between clients and over an hour to get home. Up to 60 miles a day was not reimbursed.
Plus as a per diem I had been able to contribute to the retirement plan and have deductions like a part time employee with company contribution as well. If this is discontinued to be an independant contractor, the salary will be less.
Pros
flexible days
Cons
poor pay
Nice flexible job with great pay.
APRN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 13, 2018
This job allows for a great work/life balance if you do not need benefits, etc. Self scheduling is great, you work when you are available. If you need time off for a trip or whatever then you can just choose not to schedule yourself, however no PTO provided. Driving distance/locations is normally convenient and makes sense, every once in awhile I find myself bouncing back and forth between counties which can be frustrating but for the most part they try to make it efficient. I've been extremely satisfied with my experience with Advance Health which is now Signify Health thus far.
Cons
Short breaks, no reimbursement for breastfeeding supplies for mothers for traveling position.
Flexible and Relaxed
CLINICAL CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 18, 2018
Great working environment with colleagues and management. Management always provides a open door policy conducive to q&a. Daily work life balance is very manageable.
Excellent Company
N/A (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 30, 2018
After trimming the fat on poor management (out of the VA office) once merged with the new company there has been a lot of wonderful changes. Including better salary, bonus structure and benefits for employees. Not to mention the ability to work with kind and knowledgeable management (something this company lacked in the past). It will be great moving forward with Signify Health!
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
N/a
Excellent Work Environment
RN Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23230December 15, 2018
Open to employee opinions, face paced but fun work environment, excellent management. Excellent benefits including PTO. Great work and family like balance.
Signify Health/Advance Health
Scheduling Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 28, 2018
Great company to work for, positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated. The company fostered an environment to promote personal and professional growth.
Pros
Great Compensations and opportunity to grow
Cons
Company closed due to sale of organization
November 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. To clarify some of your comments; the company is not closing. The Herndon office location will be closed as a part of a consolidation due to the integration of the two legacy companies. Signify Health will continue to operate in its headquarters in Dallas, Texas and the call center in Rapid City, South Dakota.

great workplace
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 3, 2018
GREAT PLACE TO WORK Management team was wonderful, team members willing to work together. The contracts that we worked on were fulfilling and rewarding.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Company sold
December 5, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review. The company has not been sold - the Herndon office location was closed as a part of a consolidation due to the integration of the two legacy companies, Advance Health and CenseoHealth.

Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  remoteJanuary 20, 2019
Management was great the entire time I was with company. I loved working from home. Made life easier. The hardest part of the job was making productivity numbers sometimes.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
can be let go quickly
Review
APRN (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2019
I started in Oct prn, they told me this is the slow time, but would pick up in Jan due to end of year. Have not worked at all in Jan, attempted contacting many times and have not been told why I'm not working. Completed tons of required education and training online. I wanted to work as much as possible, but had scheduled 3-4 clients per day maybe 3 times per week. Not a reliable company, their provider relations department never called me back to let me know what happened in the month of Jan., very disappointed in this company! Don't waist your time!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Unreliable, poor communications
Great place to be
Scheduler Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 13, 2018
I have worked many places and in other call centers but this is by far the best place I have ever worked. My supervisor is great and the director is too. They really do care about people. Like any call center the job itself can get repetitive but the management and people make it a place I want to stay with for good.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Not much
Great place
Communication Supervisor (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 17, 2018
Great place to work and growth within an organization. The company is currently merging with another organization and there will be more career opportunities available.
Great Job
Nurse Practitioner ~ Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75244September 8, 2018
Great Managers

Total Autonomy in my Role

Great Scheduling as a Part-Timer

Awesome benefits Full-Time and still get 401K Part-Time with matching

Love my JOB!!
Flexible scheduling and independent work environment
Currently a Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 17, 2018
Very flexible scheduling.
High pay for the work.
Tough traveling and parking in Boston, in order to visit members in their homes (not Signify's fault).
Lack of work at the end of the year, but the company did not plan ahead and notify employees there wouldn't be anymore members to be seen for the last 2 months of the year.
Overall, a great place to work!
Pros
high pay
Cons
difficult travel and parking in Boston
Pay is great but not worth it.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  South DakotaOctober 8, 2018
I worked here for about 6 months before I quit.
This job is stressful. The phone dynamics are hard to achieve. You have to be on the next call and closing out the previous call in order to meet the parameters.
You will be hired to set anywhere from 15 to 17 appointments per day. You will be EXPECTED to set 20+ per day.
This company does not have enough Nurse Practitioners. More often than not, I would end the day with a %45+ loss of appointments because they have no Nurse Practitioners. Some days I ended the day with more lost appointments than scheduled because of their lack of Nurses.

When you don’t get 20 appointments per day (keep in mind you are hired for between 15 to 17) your manager will complain and try through negativity to motivate you. They take no responsibility for the loss of appointments due to their own lack of Nurses. They will tell you “So and so set 25 appointments under these conditions. If you worked harder you would too.”
I went home every night so stressed out it was ridiculous. My manager made me feel like I was worthless if I didn’t get 20 appointments per day. I quit when I started to believe I was worthless.
Pros
lots of PTO and good starting wage.
Cons
everything else
Zero benes
ARNP (Current Employee) –  VAJuly 28, 2018
ZERO days vacation....ZERO Health Ins... Zero Dental.... ZERO EYE CARE..... ZERO Short term and long term disability

changing expectations...what is acceptable in charting one month may or may not be acceptable the next month

Scheduling is horrid,point A for a visit, then drive 45 minutes to point B complete a visit, then back to point A within a block of the first appointment wasting valuable time on windshield time... or make a morning appointment and a last of the day appointment... then try to back fill it. all in... sometimes a 3 , 4 , even 5 hr gap between visits, usually more than 50 miles from home and no where to kill those hours, if you try to reschedule it and if then the member cancels, get chastised for calling the member

they allocate only 60 minutes for a visit, but can take 70 then up to 20 to 30 minutes per chart at home, not uncommon to be up to 0100 am working on charts

they track you by GPS

They allocate the exact minutes to drive between visits... no time to grab a lunch, or bathroom break, nor does the mapquest ever accurate what might be listed as 20 miles 25 minutes might very well be 30 minutes
August 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear about your recent experiences. Our network of clinicians are independent contractors that do need provide their own benefits as part of being self-employed and filling a 1099. We do not offer official vacation days since our clinicians have the flexibility to choose their own schedule with as many or fewer days they prefer to work. When charting, we must follow all CMS guidelines to ensure quality and accuracy. We have a department specifically designed to review and send clarifications based on these current guidelines.

Generally we schedule in hour blocks since the average appointment takes about 45 minutes. This leaves a 15 minute window for drive time to the next appointment. Lunch breaks are automatically loaded on a daily schedule either being 30 minutes or an hour long based on the clinician’s preference. We understand that it's not convenient when you have members scheduled with large gaps in between. However, when our scheduling department contacts members and they agree to an appointment, we allow the members to pick their own appointment times as this is a voluntary service. If there are openings on your schedule, that may be an indication that none of the members agreed were available for an appointment on that date for that time frame. We do understand mileage and time spent with members can vary, some shorter or longer, and we can adjust the appointment times to 75 minutes or 90 minutes if needed. We appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns and are constantly working on ways to improve our scheduling  more... processes.  less

Good paid
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  TampaSeptember 24, 2018
They pay 90 per assessment. Each assessment take between 45 to 70 minutes . The only bad things is the travelling part. Before the company name was advance health.
Pros
They send gift
Cons
Travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signify Health. Our community is ready to answer.