Signpost Employee Reviews

Great Experience Learning- Expect to work hard
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2019
Signpost gave me a great opportunity to grow as a salesperson. The people and management are great, the training was hands on, and opportunities to increase pay and receive promotions are clear cut. Being able to close my own deals was a huge plus.

On the negative side, salary is weak and they'll try to convince you that commission will make up for it but its taxed so aggressively in New York that's not really true. In addition, it's a transactional sale so the skills you learn do not translate directly to a mid market or enterprise sale.
Pros
experience, strong management
Cons
pay, staying after hours
Great atmosphere, training, and management
Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2019
Great product that is worth selling. The training is great. especially for those who do not have sales experience. You'll learn to sell anything with this job. It's a fast-paced sales floor and you get a lot of support from managers and directors. Lots of contests to keep it fun and upbeat. If you work hard you can make a lot of money. Good outings, good people, good culture. Only downside is that it can be a grind sometimes - but that is just sales. Less about the company and product, more about the nature of sales.
Pros
Training, snacks, career advancement, management, contests
Cons
Base salary, lots of dials
Great Place to work
Finance Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Great experience for a startup.

Positive work environment, excellent training with managers who genuinely want you to succeed, fun contests, happy hours, and lots of room to grow if you work hard. Training is held daily. You can always meet with your manager if you feel you're struggling or want to strategize.
Pros
Snacks and laid back
Cons
pay and promotions
Fun Start Up Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 14, 2018
Serious Start Up Culture, Excellent Sales Training, Day to Day is aggressive cold calling and account management. Great location, fun people to work with.
Startup forever...
Lead National Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2018
They have been a startup that was a good company to work for until they turned around and brought some really bad managers in that lacked experience. Stay away!
Kegs, pool table
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2018
Great job to learn valuable sales skills. You're doing endless cold calling but the culture is built to keep people around so they make sure it's a fun environment for all.
Avoid at all costs
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
This place is a sinking ship. They are laying off staff to offset missing revenue. Revolving leadership team can't agree on a strategy to save the business.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, health care, snacks
Call center job that thrives on young employees
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 13, 2017
If you want to make over 150 phone calls a day to busy small business owners, than this job is for you.

They believe having a keg in the office will make up for the fact that they don't pay enough for the effort and metrics you put in.

Excellent starter job to cut your teeth. Their management team does a good job of providing training.

Overall, the work is not worth the money to those with experience.
poll table, ping pong table
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2017
Lots of cold calling

learned how to keep people on the phone in the front end and how to sell people on the back end.

lots of changes in my 9 months there.

fast paced lots of team celebration
Great Company w/ Great People!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
Been at Signpost for some years now and I can say that overall when you work hard you are respected, rewarded and there is opportunity for advancement. I can truly say that that the core team embodies Signpost's core values: we fight for small businesses, we focus on impact, we act like owners, we make our own luck, our team wins. I felt it when I first walked through the front door and I feel it today.
Pros
Great coworkers, supportive culture, innovative ideas always afoot
Great Place to Learn
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2017
If you're right out of college and want to get into sales, this is the place for you. They have a great training program. As long as individual numbers are met promotions aren't a problem. The salary is terrible, but a great place to get your foot in the door.
Pros
Great People, Happy Hours
Cons
Terrible Compensation
Stay away
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 30, 2017
Training is horrible. Turnover is horrible. Management is horrible. Micro-managing. They will listen and hover over every single call you take. Managers treat you like you're 5. If you get to work at 8:01am you will get yelled at.
Pros
Taco Tuesday
Cons
Management and sales training.
Fun but no pay
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 30, 2017
the company was good overall but they need better mgmt. they are also in one of the most saturated markets I have ever seen. office was fun and the people were young and immature
great starting spot
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 25, 2017
SP only takes hard workers. You will not be paid or be happy if you are not hardworking. The culture is rich and immature. If you are looking for a professional environment, I do not recommend. The training is hands down the best I've ever experienced.
Fun and clean enviroment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2017
At the time They had a great training program. Well organized and great management team. Fun and Friendly environment. This is a call center and you have to make your dials to have some success and then you have to learn to close.
A fun place to work with a great atmosphere.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 13, 2017
Signpost gives you the opportunity to grow within the company during your time here but it's also a great/fun place to work. Great atmosphere filled with great people keep you on your toes and drive you to be better.
Pros
Balance
It's a sales job, duh
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2017
It's a sales floor. What can you say? Lots of calls, dealing with jerks. Fortunately we sell a great product that helps local businesses. We work really hard but most days it's worth it.
Pros
Free lunches, happy hours, laid back atmosphere
Cons
Some times disorganized.
Lame
Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Low salary, no bonuses, immature staff and coworkers. Would not recommend to anyone. Start calling pizza shops and hair salons at 8:30am to try selling them a automated marketing software that they can't use and is well over priced. There are much better companies everywhere and anywhere else to work
Pros
bagel tuesday and easy commute
Cons
managers are not helpful and company does not provide sales leads
Awesome work enviroment
SaaS Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2016
Made 150-200 cold calls daily
Was taught to be a great sales person
Learned a lot from training & management
Co-workers worked as a team
Positive office environment
Pros
Breakfast on Tuesdays/ Ping pong table
Cons
No travel expense
Great culture with a lot of opportunities
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2016
I have been with Signpost for almost 3 years. If you are looking for a tech start-up to be apart of, Signpost is it. The catch is that you have to understand what you're getting yourself into. The return is so much more.

If you're looking into sales, understand that sales is hard and that it can be an emotional soul-sucking roller coaster. I didn't know this going in, but I had a positive attitude the whole time, applied what was taught to me, and worked with my head down. I had no prior experience and I turned out to be one of Signpost's top reps multiple times.

I now work in Account Management learning the back end of the product. There are a lot of opportunities for quick advancement and to work in different fields. Over the past 2 1/2 years I have been a sales rep, sales executive, senior sales executive and account manager. I also lead our sales council, and was peer elected social director. Me resume is stacked.

We are now scaling, and have a lot of huge things on the horizon. If you were considering Signpost, now is the time to make a move.
Pros
culture, advancement, upper management, product
Cons
base pay, although commission is uncapped

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signpost. Our community is ready to answer.