Signs By Tomorrow Employee Reviews

Busy Place, Always something to do.
Print Production Manager / Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYSeptember 15, 2018
Great place to work with great people. Regular hours with a reasonable pace of work. One of the best places I have worked so far.
The industry may be in decline a bit but there is area for consolidated growth. An increase in technology allows for higher quality and faster output.
One of the biggest areas that things can improve are increasing the quality standards of the output. A higher knowledge base from employees will allow for a better produced product for the client.
Great place
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 31, 2018
Generated custom signage for on-site installations using a variety of tools and materials. Designed logos, developed vector based files from jpeg images, and created custom vehicle wraps. Effectively demonstrated excellent communication skills in interfacing customers through email, fax, telephone, and in-person.
Corporate environment
Graphics Manager/Designer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJuly 29, 2018
Horrible place to work for. Owner didn't know anything about signs. Didn't pay our venders.

Owner barely visited the shop. Was horrible owner. One of worst places to work for.
Pros
Work on my own
Cons
Too many to mention
Relaxing environment
Externship/Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJanuary 24, 2018
It's a relaxing environment with great employees and management. Hours are flexible with weekends off. You get hands on training and get to leave the office instead of sitting in a chair all day.
fun, creative and fast paced environment
Office Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gahanna, OHJanuary 23, 2018
Small family business, caring to employees. Job activities change daily and it is a fun, fast paced environment with great opportunity to make customers happy and to be creative.
Pros
Friendly, creative
Cons
healthcare
Ok Job ! Not good job !
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 16, 2017
Had management problems low income and benefits. income salary raises not at all .No Health insurance . No retirement. Good thing was many paid days off. Got to move around a lot in and out of store that was good thing.
Pros
Many days off with pay
Cons
No health insurance
Fun people to work with. The management was lacking ownership.
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Newton, MA 02458November 13, 2017
Overall it is a fun place to work for a minimum wage. They ask a lot, but don't pay even close enough to what they require from a person. You would have to do more research on your own and you are expected to know everything, even if it is not your job.
Competitive and stressful work environment.
production and installation worker (Former Employee) –  holland, MIOctober 29, 2017
In the mornings we had WIP (Work In Progress) meetings. If not handled properly, everyone I worked with could turn hostile and be put in a grouchy mood. The job itself wasn't so bad and I prided myself on my good craftsmanship and completing tasks quickly. The hardest part of the job was large installs that had us on high ladders in the wind and figuring out where certain signs went. My favorite part of the job was driving past a completed job and seeing my hard work pay off.
Pros
Free stickers, flexible days off
Cons
No benefits, short breaks, work environment
SBT was a franchise sign and graphics business.
Founder and Vice President of Sales and Operations (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PAOctober 3, 2017
Owned and Operated Sign business in all aspects of the business from ordering materials to installation of signs.

Business was ok but competitiion was high and it was hard to find enough "profitable" business to support on going operations.
Pros
Freedom to act
Cons
Stress and Finances
Fun, fast paced work environment with nice people
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  York, PASeptember 26, 2017
SBT was an enjoyable place to work and helped me learn a lot of new Graphic Design related techniques. I liked all of my coworkers and it was a pretty easy going job/work environment with lots of fun and unique projects.
Pros
Convenient hours
Cons
Low pay
Unfortunately the particular franchise where I was employed was closed by the owners.
Office Manager / Graphics Typesetter (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDSeptember 19, 2017
This franchise store, I believe, was not typical of the Signs By Tomorrow brand. The owners had a primary, and more profitable, store to which they gave most of their attention and support. The location where I was employed was closed and the primary store was too far for me to commute.
Fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJJune 6, 2017
• Assisted in office work (document filing, answering calls/ e-mails) and front desk customer service
Supported production: proofreader marketing documents, sign design and installation
Not enough room for advancement
Production manager (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAMay 27, 2017
Worked at a small store, was plenty to learn and take on new tasks. However was no real room to grow within the store itself. I did enjoy working with a smaller group of people as we better knew each others strengths and weaknesses.
Not worth your time
Graphic Designer, Print, Production, Installation (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 16, 2017
This is a small sign company with a decent amount of work with ok pay. There is no advancement. If you are trying to get your foot in the door to get some experience in the sign industry and no one else is hiring then I would wait till something else comes up.
Potential to be a great business, owner unwilling to grow
Production & Installation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 14, 2017
I was hired at this job to do graphic design work, but ended up doing sign production 100% of the time, as there was only one computer that was constantly used by the other graphic designer. The other graphic designer/manager handled all design and all customer emails and was constantly very overwhelmed, but the boss was very opposed to purchasing another computer for use as a design station. They offered no benefits and the pay wasn't very good for the amount of work being done, plus the understaffing and general negligence of the owner meant that ALL incoming projects went out late, many clients left unhappy, etc. The owner did not work here - he has a full time job elsewhere and was rarely seen.
Pros
salary
Cons
no benefits, stressful work environment, boss unwilling to help employees
Inspiring and creative work place
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2017
Inspiring and creative work place... working here I enjoyed creatively solving design problems and creating innovative solutions. Everyone involved in the small team was very eager to come and produce daily with very positive vibes.
Pros
Hands on Working w/ New Releases
Cons
Tough job physically, they have since added staff and can offer more time off.
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT/DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 19, 2017
Tough job physically. They have since added staff and can offer more time off. While employed there, they didn't have staff enough to offer adequate vacation leave. Monthly sales bonuses were a big plus.
Poorly run business
Designer/Printer Operator (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJanuary 13, 2017
It was a very scattered place of business. The male owner was very childish and had temper tantrums when he was forced to work. A tremendous amount of back stabbing from certain employees.
Good Sign Company
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 15, 2016
Create and design signage for client needs. I learned to operate a wide format printer and RIP Software. I also learned to operate a Mimaki Vinyl plotter/cutter.
Stressful but rewarding
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 5, 2016
Signs By Tomorrow is a very stressful environment due to the immediate nature of the work deadlines. The management and employees are often under very high stresses just to meet workload.

Work-life balance is non-existent much of the time.

The hardest part of the job was the near-impossible deadlines on some projects.

The best part of the job were the quarterly bonuses when meeting sales goals.
Pros
Quarterly Bonuses
Cons
High Stress, no Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Signs By Tomorrow. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight