Sigora Solar Employee Reviews

Current residential energy consultant - LOVE IT!
Residential Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 24, 2019
I am a current employee at Sigora and have been there for about 2 months. Obviously, I have a ways to go before I get the full picture, but I can say the following things with 100% certainty:

- the culture and vibe at this company are the most positive I've ever experienced. All sales team members are 1099, so we're sort of on our own, but the team really carries each member and is genuinely encouraging and positive and wants every member to succeed! Training and development is a mix of role-playing, group discussion, one-on-one, and throw-you-in-and-learn-to-swim. Is it perfect? No. But at least in my experience, they are willing to support anyone willing to put in the work to improve themselves.

- income potential is amazing. I'm still working my way up to it, but I fully intend for this job to change my life. Making a good commission doesn't require any more work than most other typical sales jobs, and it is wholly possible to make more money than you ever thought you could. You get out what you put in, and work/life balance is just a matter of good time management.

- work consists of team meetings, trainings, etc; developing leads, which includes door-to-door, personal networking, and some company generated leads; and in-home sales appointments with customers

- the hardest part of the job is not having a regular paycheck, but with a little cushion to start and a couple sales in my first month, I'm well on my way to being very happy with my income. Yes, it's a bit of a roller coaster, but as long as you know that going in, it's manageable.

- the most enjoyable
  more... part of the job is making a lot of money selling a product that I'm passionate about and is going to make a huge difference in the world!  less
Pros
Your job matters! Great income potential and company culture
Cons
No benefits, 100% commission
Huge employee turnover.
Solar Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 15, 2019
D2d knocking and they change what your door pitch is then yell at you when you do what you were trained to do day one. the weekly meetings with the work team were the best thing about this job. They preach "grass roots company" and make toxic decisions. if you are good at sales and have door to door experience it might be a good fit. Ive watched them tug around employees and make empty promises. if you work for them just watch out. no matter how much they say they support you they are aiming to be a solar giant and might be burning bridges along the way.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
empty promises, wasted time. wasted hard work for little pay.
As they say, "It's a solar coaster."
Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 14, 2019
This is definitely a numbers game. Typically, you will have to knock on 100+ doors a day to talk to 25+ nice/polite people who will schedule an appointment with you (many times no one will answer the door or you get the not so polite people). It is very, very common those appointments you set either cancel, never reschedule, or you show up to their house and they do not answer the door. When you do go through an appointment and sit down with the homeowners, closing a deal is entirely a different beast and honestly, door knocking is the easy part. Contrary to what you may believe, solar does not sell itself. People are going to want to learn more about solar, but don't expect, "Oh, it's solar panels...it's good for everyone and it's easy to sell to people." You will be surprise how many people do not want solar panels.
You will learn a lot about the industry with solar, utility companies, local/state/federal laws and regulations, HOAs, and more. The management is supportive and they do incentives for everyone.
This job is 100% commission with no salary/hourly pay and with zero benefits. There is a "startup" bonus when you start, but be aware there are strings attached and many requirements you must meet first before you can be paid which, honestly, is not much compared to an hourly job. The company does not reimburse you for any events you pay for or any business materials you may need or gas/mileage you use with your own car. You can work 10-12 hours a day, 6 days a week, 4 weeks a month, and still not have a sale which makes your revenue 0 for the month. Yes, there will
  more... be a month where you do make a sale or three sales or more in one month but, as they say, "This job is known as the solar coaster." You will have highs when you sell a deal(s) in a month and you will have lows when you do not sell anything in a month(s). If you are financially sound, the first few months without pay will be less painful compared to if you are not financially sound. Also, you may sell a deal and all of that work paid off to have the homeowner sign the contract and paperwork, but it is not uncommon for customers to cancel the contract a few days later or for operations to mess up and the deal falls through and you are stuck not being paid even after all that work. It's not often but it does happen. There is a high turnover rate and everyone is a 1099 employee which means you're a contractor for Sigora and not an actual employee of the company.
Overall, I would NOT recommend this company to people and if someone was to consider working with this company, please, please read all the details and ask A LOT of questions about the role/responsibilities/expectations/compensation/etc. Whatever they say, the devil is in the detail.
Pros
Learn a lot on solar, utility companies, laws/regulations
Cons
100% commission, 0 benefits, Contractor, 60+ hours a week, barely a social life
Very rewarding for high level talent!!!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 13, 2019
**EVERYONE: If you have what it takes to step up to the plate, KNOW YOUR NUMBERS, do the MATH, then you will be with a company who knows how to scale, has the leadership, and the resources to become one of the fastest growing companies in this industry.

What does this mean for you? Well, if you have money saved to last you for several weeks while you build your pipeline, your team, or your client base, then you already have the necessary discipline and personal development tools to platform you to the next level. This industry is NOT for everyone, however, this product IS.

We are actually saving lives, and providing an opportunity for others around the world to have access to something we take for granted every day. Oh, by the way, we all earn one heck of a salary here. This business is rewarding, IF, and ONLY IF, you have what it takes to understand your business and really hone in on your skills as a professional.
Pros
Compensation, Culture, Support, Proximity to industry leaders and talent, tools, training, meeting new people every day, flexibility in hours.
Cons
Long work hours, growing pains (ability to adapt, the better)
Don't waste your time!!!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2019
This is not a Management Position. This is a Door to Door Sales Rep Position! They say Sales Manger to get you to interview only to be disappointed! Expect you to survive with no pay while you are being trained. There are a lot of companies out there like this! so beware! This will only work for you if you have a bank account when you start.
Pros
You Get to sell Solar
Cons
No pay for a longtime 30-60 Days
Do not recommend
Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2019
A lot of empty promises. Very stressful environment. No incentive to help with the learning curve coming into solar. Door to door. To make money you have to sell and in order to sell it takes a while to get down door knocking and then closing deals is another learning curve. Higher ups close your sets first and you pretty much work for some months for free until you realize it’s better to work for a different company. Do not recommend for anyone previously in sales or looking to get into sales puts a bad taste in your mouth.
Pros
Cons
D2d, micro managing
Great opportunity
Solar Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 6, 2019
Wish people luck here. Sigora is a machine. If you have the guts it could be a great stepping stone. Commission is difficult for newcomers, just a warning.
Fair and Fast-Paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 20, 2018
Crazy fast growing company. So a lot of times low performers get frustrated and leave. But A-List players really thrive.

Some “Going Green” have limited career options, but I feel like I have lots of opportunities for growth and there is a ton of training offered in both sales and operations at Sigora.

Door-to-door can be hard at first, but eventually it got easy. Again, it’s not a good fit for everyone but I had really strong income goals and Sigora has exceeded my expectations.

They also have a humanitarian non-profit arm partner that donates profits from every sale to help power homes in Haiti. So that’s cool to see giving back.

Definitely give them a look
Pros
Opportunities for growth, amazing culture, pays well
Cons
Super fast paced, not a job for mediocre people.
Great place to challenge yourself and change the world
Sales (Current Employee) –  CharlottesvilleNovember 13, 2018
Sigora Solar is a very unique work experience. We are on a rocket to the moon right now and everyone is holding on for dear life. Not quite a startup but not yet a corporate environment, but extremely exciting growth. Every day offers new challenges and that keeps us on our toes. It’s easy to dive in and take on too much work. Especially knowing that you’re working toward such a great cause. But you have to draw your own work/ life boundaries - most people in the company don’t have a very healthy one. Be mindful of this and this could be the perfect place for you.
Pros
Positivity, mentorship, competitive, exciting
Cons
Disorganization, communication
Fun place to work with opportunity
Solar Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 8, 2018
I am fairly new to the company, but I have nothing but great things to say. Compensation is excellent along with the support and opportunity for advancement. It’s metric based, so you can go as far as you push yourself to go. Culture is the best I’ve experienced and the work is fun and challenging. Everyone wants to see you succeed and is there to help and mentor when needed. The company as a whole is dedicated to their values and it is evident in the quality of work we do and in the ways we give back. I absolutely love working for Sigora!

Typical day involves emails, knocking doors and utilizing social media to generate clientele, meeting with clients and presenting their unique solar solution, and meeting with sales team about three times a week.
Pros
Work/life balance, support from management, meaningful work, excellent compensation
Cons
No standard benefits (ie. health, dental)
Great Company, Culture
Solar Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 7, 2018
The Solar Analyst (read: sales) position at Sigora Solar is perhaps the only job in Virginia where someone without a college degree and an undying work ethic can make six figures their first year.

My typical day consists of canvassing neighborhoods to generate leads, doing in-home Solar & Energy consultations, and email/social media correspondence.

The hardest part about the job is the mental aspect. The work is easy*, but the conversations with clients can be tough.

*Literally everything about this job is easy if you can handle rejection well and keep up the will to keep grinding.

The biggest disappointments about the job thus far has been the lack of participation in international relief efforts (the flier said that would happen).

P.S.: Introverts will find this job WAY more stressful than it needs to be.
Pros
Great Work Culture, Opportunity for Advancement
Cons
Commission-Only
There is no ceiling, the sky is not the limit
Solar Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 7, 2018
Door-to-door sales is challenging, but rewarding. We are helping families save money and reduce their carbon footprint at the same time. Its a win-win. You get out what you put in so being a self-starter and independently driven is a huge plus. Management focuses on employee development daily, while remaining transparent and easily accessible with an unwritten open-door policy. Morale is kept high in the office with incentives and competitions. The pay structure is extremely competitive and still allows the company to award bonuses when earned.
Long hours and stressful situations
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 5, 2018
Long hours of knocking doors to very little outcome. No one wants to take a loan out over $15,000. Suppose to be a 1099 employee (contractor) but was treated like they owned you and everything you do. You only get paid when you sell but that is very seldom. This company does not like for you to spend time with friends and family and if you do they will more than likely fire you. They will also promise bonuses but won’t carry out in those bonuses.
Pros
None, horrible company
Cons
Pay, hours, no time spent outside of work, to much micro-managing. Lies
Great Company
Senior Electrician (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 25, 2018
This company is very Great so far. I haven't been working there for so long yet, but it has been the best company i have worked for. They care about there employed as well as customers. I really love it.
Quick paced work environment doing good work
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 8, 2018
Working in the solar industry which continues to be increasingly competitive makes for a very quick paced working environment. The hours can be long during certain times of the year as business fluctuates depending on the season. As the industry continues to change regularly, there are changes to procedures regularly which could be difficult for some personalities. Successful employees are very hard working and flexible as needed. Benefits as of 2017 continue to get better, health insurance match, 3% retirement match, holiday, and paid time off along with pretty sweet employee pricing for solar make employees feel appreciated. Really great potential for career advancement
Pros
Furthering renewable energy/ helping the earth, Exciting work environment, Fast growing industry with opportunity to learn a lot
Cons
Long hours occasionally, changing policies to keep up with the evolving industry
Great company that’s growing fast. Glad they got rid of the bad apples and continue to be a leader in the industry.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAFebruary 7, 2018
Great company, lots of potential now that they have new management and have rid themselves of the people holding it back.
They continue to build a very impressive model that beats all the other local solar outfits.
They have a wide sales range covering the entire state and DC.
Their commercial division is on point. With new leadership, they have created a class act team.
This company has just begun to break into the national scene, and they will continue to grow and add new markets. This will undoubtedly create jobs and opportunities for the future!
Pros
Fast paced, Friendly and collaborative employees, Fair compensation, Great benefits, Strong leaders
Cons
More focus on customer service and communication, Re-evaluation of a few employees
terrible company
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  VADecember 17, 2017
might be a place to work while trying to find something else otherwise run away from this place. Never comes through on any promises made never will. Underpaid overworked
Stay away
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAAugust 17, 2016
Solar is great, but the toxic work environment and overall lack of leadership derails this company. There are NO benefits at all, only 3 paid holidays and jobs are threatened if quotas aren't met.

Sigora has very high employee turnover, so If you are looking for a company that values employee growth and development stay away!
Pros
Colleagues were great
Cons
Horrible Leadership, no possibility for advancement
fun workplace, lacking in job security, and lacking in great management
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAMay 31, 2016
The typical work day lasted over twelve hours; and involved lots of heavy lifting. I learned just about everything there is to new age solar. The management was good at first but the longer i was there i saw how poor and disorganized they really were. I enjoyed all of my co-workers besides some of the management they were like a family. The hardest part of the job was being away from my home, going on business trips. and losing time with my girlfriend. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a job finished knowing you put your heart into it, and knowing you were saving the planet doing it.
Pros
occasional free lunch or coffee
Cons
not knowing if you were going to work that day or not