Sigora Solar Employee Reviews in Charlottesville, VA

Fair and Fast-Paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 20, 2018
Crazy fast growing company. So a lot of times low performers get frustrated and leave. But A-List players really thrive.

Some “Going Green” have limited career options, but I feel like I have lots of opportunities for growth and there is a ton of training offered in both sales and operations at Sigora.

Door-to-door can be hard at first, but eventually it got easy. Again, it’s not a good fit for everyone but I had really strong income goals and Sigora has exceeded my expectations.

They also have a humanitarian non-profit arm partner that donates profits from every sale to help power homes in Haiti. So that’s cool to see giving back.

Definitely give them a look
Pros
Opportunities for growth, amazing culture, pays well
Cons
Super fast paced, not a job for mediocre people.
Great place to challenge yourself and change the world
Sales (Current Employee) –  CharlottesvilleNovember 13, 2018
Sigora Solar is a very unique work experience. We are on a rocket to the moon right now and everyone is holding on for dear life. Not quite a startup but not yet a corporate environment, but extremely exciting growth. Every day offers new challenges and that keeps us on our toes. It’s easy to dive in and take on too much work. Especially knowing that you’re working toward such a great cause. But you have to draw your own work/ life boundaries - most people in the company don’t have a very healthy one. Be mindful of this and this could be the perfect place for you.
Pros
Positivity, mentorship, competitive, exciting
Cons
Disorganization, communication
Great Company, Culture
Solar Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 7, 2018
The Solar Analyst (read: sales) position at Sigora Solar is perhaps the only job in Virginia where someone without a college degree and an undying work ethic can make six figures their first year.

My typical day consists of canvassing neighborhoods to generate leads, doing in-home Solar & Energy consultations, and email/social media correspondence.

The hardest part about the job is the mental aspect. The work is easy*, but the conversations with clients can be tough.

*Literally everything about this job is easy if you can handle rejection well and keep up the will to keep grinding.

The biggest disappointments about the job thus far has been the lack of participation in international relief efforts (the flier said that would happen).

P.S.: Introverts will find this job WAY more stressful than it needs to be.
Pros
Great Work Culture, Opportunity for Advancement
Cons
Commission-Only
There is no ceiling, the sky is not the limit
Solar Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 7, 2018
Door-to-door sales is challenging, but rewarding. We are helping families save money and reduce their carbon footprint at the same time. Its a win-win. You get out what you put in so being a self-starter and independently driven is a huge plus. Management focuses on employee development daily, while remaining transparent and easily accessible with an unwritten open-door policy. Morale is kept high in the office with incentives and competitions. The pay structure is extremely competitive and still allows the company to award bonuses when earned.
Great Company
Senior Electrician (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 25, 2018
This company is very Great so far. I haven't been working there for so long yet, but it has been the best company i have worked for. They care about there employed as well as customers. I really love it.
Quick paced work environment doing good work
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 8, 2018
Working in the solar industry which continues to be increasingly competitive makes for a very quick paced working environment. The hours can be long during certain times of the year as business fluctuates depending on the season. As the industry continues to change regularly, there are changes to procedures regularly which could be difficult for some personalities. Successful employees are very hard working and flexible as needed. Benefits as of 2017 continue to get better, health insurance match, 3% retirement match, holiday, and paid time off along with pretty sweet employee pricing for solar make employees feel appreciated. Really great potential for career advancement
Pros
Furthering renewable energy/ helping the earth, Exciting work environment, Fast growing industry with opportunity to learn a lot
Cons
Long hours occasionally, changing policies to keep up with the evolving industry