Sika Corporation Employee Reviews

good experience.
CAE Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMay 17, 2019
Sika is a good company. I enjoyed working there.
Typical day of the work is 8:00Am to 5:00Pm. Most time I was working on creating CAE model for vehicle NVH, crash and durability solutions.
sika
compo (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 16, 2019
be strong and ready to work . It a very hard job snf you have to follow the speard sheet to the tee. its a good place to work and most of the people who work there are really good people.
Productive and fast-pace
Ejection Molding (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MOApril 2, 2019
A typical day at work you will count and box product. Learn how to pay close attention to details. Managment is not good the job is going through temps not hiring. The hardest part of the job is that you get one 30 minute break
Pros
easy work
Cons
one 30 break
n/a
worker (Former Employee) –  NJMarch 13, 2019
good place to work, good people, limited ability to advance. constant changes in management and business direction. global foot print. very structured
Very dynamic workplace
Global Category Manager - Stabilizers (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJMarch 12, 2019
It is a fast growing company that requires employees to be very adaptable to changes. Overall it has a good workplace environment depending on the management style.
Well run company while I was employed
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMarch 11, 2019
I reported into the HR Director and supported sales managers. All were very professional and wonderful people to professionally and personally. Their focus was family first and company second. I wished the GM and Chrysler had no filed for bankruptcy in 2009. I feel if it wasn't for the downturn at that time I would still have been employed at Sika. They did the layoffs very fair and chose people by seniority at the company/length of service. They provided assistance for job placement as well as a severance package.
Nice job good benefits
Production Worker II (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHFebruary 6, 2019
It was a great job management And job advancement Was a factor to where i had to move on some employees didn’t do their jobs to where I had to so there for I worked a litt harder than most and I take pride in my work
Pros
Easy work good money
Cons
Poor management
Can’t advance won’t train you in new areas can’t get to 1st
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHDecember 29, 2018
I have 21yrs in warehouse and other people way less and they get promoted and they are worthless lazy people don’t pull there wait favoritisms there worried about other shift what they are doing but not the shift there on
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Poor pay
Bio- polar place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHDecember 26, 2018
Management is absolutely horrible. There is no communication and I mean NONE. The management team is not very professional as they talk about employees to other employees and favoritism is a must for the management team. They say they don’t but everyone in the floor sees differently. Hours - they don’t care because they are clock watchers and when they want to leave whether there r problems or what they bolt leaving everything to the employees whether or not we know what to do or how to do it. The training is a total joke - I was given a 15 minute speech in what to do when I was first hired. NO promotions u less you are part of “the click “. Understaffed by all means. They over work all employees by all means and no let up either. Hours are so up and down and from day to day. 1 Day it is 10 hours - the next day it may be 8 hours. Sorta hard to plan anything with the family
Pros
Insurance / pay / tome off when allowed to take it even though it is yours to use
Cons
Management / management/ management
Good place
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MODecember 2, 2018
You can grow and there is room for growth and different opportunities.And the atmosphere is a family oriented very great place to work.i would most defiantly recommend this job to others a very great place to work.
Benefits
Cons
Temp to hire
I worked as a temp in the Mortars Department, the guys are excellent to work with. They never treated me any different. The manager there was great.
Mortars (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHNovember 1, 2018
Sika was a temporary assignment for me. I was saddened to see it end. They are a great company to work for, wages are decent, staff is great, management in my department is impeccable. My only complaint is in the Mortars Department where I worked the equipment is extremely outdated and those guys are way under staffed.Sika is by far one of the greatest jobs out there. They rarely have permanent job openings however, which is hard to understand. If HR would talk to Dapartment Heads they would see they are understaffed in nearly every department.
Pros
Great people, great environment, decent pay
Cons
Not enough people and old equipmnt
The management team is always on top of you, harassing employees. If you're 1 minute late upon punching in or back from break expect to get written up
Lead Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJOctober 23, 2018
Pros
You learn alot.
Cons
They don't promote from within. which mean you'll be stuck being an operator.
teamwork
Inventory Analyst - A/P Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJOctober 13, 2018
In Sika you felt like you was part of a family,everyone worked as a team member to succeed at our position and to help meet our customers expectations.
Pros
Sika did events & rewards for their employees ex: fishing trips, picnic and parties
Cons
breaks
Great Place to Work
Procurement Intern (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJOctober 12, 2018
Supportive staff with a healthy learning environment. Every day is a learning day where you can strengthen your domain knowledge in sourcing. Mus recommend for every fresher
Good Place To Work
Truck Driver - Class A Tanker (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 31, 2018
Freindly atmosphere, willing to train inexperienced tank operators. Sometimes doubled as a technician to help with installations. Operational knowledge shared about company products and how they're used in customer applications.
Pros
Freindly work atmosphere
Cons
Some over night or three day runs
Company with good benefits but bad safety culture and low opportunity for advancement
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJune 28, 2018
Sika has a lot of great benefits for its employees but lacks in safety machines are in disrepair and there is no chance of advancement since everything is dictated by seniority, not by work ethics or qualification or knowledge. Production suffers because machines are in disrepair running poorly and even though management is aware of this they will not address the problem until a complete breakdown and even then it is only a patchwork job not addressing the real problem.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very poor management skills
Good career
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJune 20, 2018
Attending conferences and trade shows, initiating product presentations to demonstrate product features & benefits to the senior care & hospitality market place. Following up with perspective clientele by setting meetings & job walks in an effort to provide product & installation proposals.Continued follow up to ensure closing of sale. Providing post installation maintenance clinics to
ensure that maintenance staff possesses proper cleaning & maintenance knowledge for new flooring.
Managers come first above all else
Employee (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOMarch 19, 2018
Manager first culture, do not care about employees, long hours, poor work life balance. Not a safety first environment. Poor union representation. Some managers work very hard and care about employees but senior managers and company VP does not even know how bad morale really is.
Large Company - Great Benefits
Regional Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ILMarch 13, 2018
Large company - employee retention is high. Great benefits. Many paid holidays. Insurance is great. Low cost. Workplace culture is positive. I would recommend working here.
worst job ever!!!
Operator (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOFebruary 27, 2018
This place is like a circus, things change every time you turn around, work schedule (7 days a week and forced up to 12 hours per day) Managers are very unprofessional and empathic along with the HR manager. Employee's work very hard day in and day out with no gratitude for job's well done! If you are person looking to work yourself to death and have no iteraction with loved ones or friends Sika is agreat fit for you!! Others dont fall in the trap of Sika!!
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
no days off, no paid breaks except for lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sika Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.