Sika Employee Reviews

Great Place
Sales (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 6, 2018
Great place to work. Everyone comes in, does their job and goes home. It can be stressful at times, due to the fact that you cannot control somethings
Running my machine
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOMay 7, 2018
I loved this job and would had never left had not been laid off. I'm five time engendered certified to make all safety parts on any car but Fords. I learned that from Sika and so much more. The job is challenging but satisfying.
Pros
Everything about it was a pro
Cons
Being laid off
An okay place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MOSeptember 4, 2017
At sika you will receive good pay and benefits, but the company doesn't care for you as an employee. There are many different departments like extrusion, injection mold, compounding, shipping/receiving, twin screw, sika power, etc. You will operate a machine or pack parts into boxes in my department or 8/12 hours a day, The management isn't good at all and nothing makes sense there. They don't listen to anything you have to say and they don't really care about you as an employee. The hardest part of the job is putting up with the management on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your shift is over.
Good co-workers
Warehouse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 18, 2016
It's a job. Good benefits, good co-workers, ok management. Lots of OT, job life and work balance is not what I was told. Very busy, so job security is there.
productive work place
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJOctober 14, 2016
I've had the opportunity to learn concrete in the R and D lab. Its been a great experience and would consider to move forward within the company. Most of the co-workers are team players and make the work day enjoyable.
Pros
Stability
Cons
management
Good company with excellent benefits
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Grandview, MOSeptember 6, 2016
Good company with excellent benefits, plant is modern with good equipment and processes. They invest in the company to keep it modernized and update to date.
Overall review
Inspector/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOJuly 19, 2016
On a typical day I learned to adjust my work ethic depending on production quota. The hardest part of the job was when the machinery was not operating efficiently. My coworkers and I had a healthy working environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I received recognition for my performance.
Very Corporate Environment. Professional
Technical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 7, 2016
A lot to be done work-wise. The environment has a very corporate feel to it. Some of the employees are very easy to work with, but some are definitely not. There is not much in the area of advancement.
Pros
The amount of work makes the day go by
Cons
Some of the employees make it an unenjoyable work environment
Stable and well established company
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, NJJanuary 20, 2016
As this position was a temporary assignment I would have prefered a full time permanant position with this company. This company was employee oriented and well managed
Safety first work place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHNovember 20, 2015
Family oriented company to work for. Employees would go out of there way to help each other out. we had a stay to joe job is done attitude. Safety first attitude and talk safety daily. Great company to work for.
Pros
Employees appreciated and plenty of work
Cons
Need to hire more employees
Great company to work for
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 29, 2013
The work environment and benefits were great! The work load was a lot and the company expected a lot from you but it was all worth it with the great pay and benefits. Sika requires you to work at your full potential and they are willing to help you get their with training. They are willing to go above and beyond for you so you can reach your goals.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
out of state company
Mortars Lab Tech Assistant/Production Floor (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 28, 2012
Good place to work, but need to give temps a better chance at making company and stop leading them on!!!