Sila Heating & Air Conditioning Employee Reviews

There is always good and bad.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  King of PrussiaAugust 1, 2019
Fellow employees are great, everyone works together to accomplish the jobs.
There is no direction. Three steps forward and two steps back.
They need a plan.
Don't do it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 31, 2019
Not a great experience here. Long hours, poor pay, and terrible leadership from senior management. It was a horrible place to have to show up every day and the people working in the main office are treated terribly by both senior managers, technicians, and customers - all for very low pay. Not enough coverage so hard to delivery good work.
They know their stuff and its not bad if you are a tech i guess
Engineer (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 11, 2019
not a bad company really but they hired me as an engineer and had me doing tech work for a year which was not what I signed up for. I didn't get paid anywhere near an engineering salary and I was an hourly worker.
I left and I came back!
Director of Customer Experience (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 25, 2018
I left this company in 2015 and I returned to Sila in 2018. Leaving in 2015 was a difficult decision for me as I had worked here for four years and really loved the people and our customers. I left because I felt that another organization would provide me with greater opportunities for advancement. Fast forward three years and I returned to Sila because I felt as though Sila would provide me with greater opportunities for advancement.

This is a company that rewards talent at all levels, not just management or field representatives. It rewards everyone that is willing to commit to providing excellent service to our customers and to identify new opportunities to gain/retain customers. I love it!
Pros
competitive pay, Pto, Free breakfast & lunches, BBQs, Family Days, Opportunity for Growth, Startup Culture
Cons
Old School Industry, Older Technology
Fun Workplace
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 17, 2017
You can grow within the company and they do train you but management didn't spend enough time on training people. It was a fun place to work and the people were nice but management didn't communicate as much.
Pros
Hour Lunches and sometimes they have free breakfasts and lunches
Cons
Management wasn't that great.
Great family business environment with huge corporate aspirations
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 13, 2017
Family business that will only continue to grow. Work hard and you are rewarded. Lots of perks you won't get at bigger corporate companies. Newly remodeled kitchen and office here in King of Prussia.
Pros
Friday lunches, sporting event tickets
Great Place to work!
Head Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 13, 2017
I have worked at Sila for nearly 4 years and I can hands down say it is the best place I have ever worked for. They truly care about their employees and about building great working relationships with them.
Pros
BBQ's, Cooking Competitions, Co- Workers, Incentives
Phenomenal workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 12, 2017
Upper management is involved in a good way, they are there to help you grow, it's like having your own personal dream team. Everyone who I work with shares the same values and morals as I do, that's very important to me-- to be working with folks who are exploding with integrity. I have learned more at sila in 2 years than I have in 20 years combined work experience. I am a minority woman who is treated fairly and respectfully--just like everyone else. I'm honored to work for a company who invests in you and does not take advantage...ever! Team work makes the dream work!
Pros
They bring out your full potential
Cons
at times I think of work on my drive home-- but no biggie
Work hard and get rewarded
Office (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 12, 2017
The company is very customer focused so the days are long and hard in the office and in the field. Hard work is rewarded and many people have been with the company for a long time.
Pros
Fun BBQs, good team, nice people
Cons
Tough industry
Close knit team
Dispatcher/ Service Purchasing / Collections (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 22, 2016
The company is a hard charger,. The pay was low for the workload and there needed to be a stronger durability of process. I do recommend the company as a good local place to work.
Pros
Good people, fast paced
Cons
Low pay, low chance for advancement
Typical Day
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 18, 2015
I normally start my Monday mornings to sort all tickets from our technicians to make sure that their labor hours and payment from customer will be separated and keyed accurately. I learned a lot from A/P and A/R, sense of urgency and attention to detail. I normally don't have any problems with the management team since I treat them like my family. My co-workers are very team oriented and always helping which I also do during my downtime. Hardest part of the job is to make sure that tickets from the week before are entered for us not to miss payroll. The most enjoyable part about the job is have gatherings, cook out and outdoor events approved by the management.
Not Dunder Mifflin but not far off
Sales (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 5, 2015
Sila is a great place to work if you are ready to work. You are held to the standard of your peers and your peers work really really hard. I've been there for 4 years and I love the company and hope I can spend my entire career there.
Pros
BBQ's - Fishing Trips - Unconventional Ownership
Cons
Compensation - Turn over - Unconventional Ownership
Would NOT Recommend...
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PaMay 9, 2015
The other negative reviews about this company are true. I worked at the corporate office near Philly for a year, and the experience was not pleasant. It seems like there is no job security there, and that someone was fired every other week. The comments about HR and accounting are true, they are very disrespectful and I am astonished that none of the temps or former coworkers have filed lawsuits against them and the company. They would pick on all of the temps that they hired, and even went as far as to make fun of them behind their backs and pass around photoshopped pictures of them around the office. HR would also gossip about what was supposed to be confidential information to other coworkers, very unprofessional. I would not recommend working here, it will kill your soul.
Pros
Cons
Coworkers, job security, low pay, benefits
Small company culture, Big company goals!
Technical Upgrade Specialist/Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 11, 2015
This is a great company to work for. Great group of people working towards a common goal of exceptional customer service.
Pros
Friday BBQ's, Fishing trip, frequent free lunches.
Cons
Lower end of the wage scale for similar positions in different industries.
Fast past sales goal oriented, with free lunches
Team leader of Service Plan Department (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Busy customer service department, incoming calls, assisting customers needs for heating & air conditioning. Renew current customer service plans and schedule their maintenance. I've learned how to coach and achieve sales goals. Good camaraderie with co-workers lot's of laughs throughout the day.
Hardest part if customer is not happy.
Most enjoyable is the flexibility, can work independently, very little supervision.
Pros
Free lunches, Flyers games and BBQ's
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
Terrible office environment!!!
office employee (Former Employee) –  King of PrussiaDecember 20, 2014
I cant speak for the service technician side, but I would NOT recommend working in the office at the corporate location in king of prussia. Some departments are VERY unprofessional, and will seriously mimic high school drama. Dont trust coworkers or managers, many of them are immature back-stabbers. When I had to go to the accounting/hr department I would hear them make fun of company employees and managers and gossip about them, HR for crying out loud!!! That is not cool at all, trust doesn't exist here...Job security is not stable either, its all favorites and a popularity contest. As far as the philadelphia office goes STAY FAR AWAY!!!
Pros
paycheck every week
Cons
salary, benefits, coworkers, managers, human resources, office environment in general
family oriented & courteous
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 4, 2013
Co-workers jived well and got a long like family. Everyone worked together as a team and helped one-an-other out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sila Heating & Air Conditioning. Our community is ready to answer.

Sila Heating & Air Conditioning Reviews by Location