Silicon Image Employee Reviews

I joined SI for one reason only...
Sr. Software Eng (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 25, 2017
I want to learn everything about hard drives, but there's no good book.

SI was looking for people who can do Assembly language programming (pretty much who can do both hardware & software) and hard drive background was needed.

It was just a perfect opportunity for me to learn hard drive.
Pros
something new to satisfy my desire (learning hard drive)
Cons
there is nothing else beyond that
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Operations Engineer Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 13, 2017
Was just an intern there working on circuitry and soldering. Mainly in the labs where I could see how to create semiconductors and to see how the microchips were being fabricated.
I enjoyed working for Silicon Image.
Test Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 4, 2017
I enjoyed working for Silicon Image.
My contributions to the growth of the company were well recognized and rewarded by the Silicon Image management.
Good benefits. Good sense of product delivery
Test /Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  san joseJanuary 23, 2017
very hectic working day most of the time. Work all the time. On call on weekend and holiday. Good benefits. Good sense of product delivery. Sale/marketing score products some times but missed the market window most of the times. Too many changes at the executive levels.
Pros
work well
Cons
no break
Nice and professional
Unix Systems Admin (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 17, 2017
We start early with the coffee from the service area, set at our computers working, supporting engineers, resolving issues, installing new systems, researching new solutions.
I earned 95k annually.
Management was trying to reorganize the company, all the time hiring and firing.
My co-workers were fun to work with, very cooperative, and they have the team work spirit, which was very helpful.
Hardest part, there was not enough documentation for the IT infrastructure, which I did afterwards and things were much better.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was I made many friends there, and the company was arranging for many events in the weekends for all the employees to get together, that was nice.
Pros
Nice environment, Professional team, and good location.
Cons
Management were reorganizing all the time, no job stability.
QA Bench testing and audit of chips (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 25, 2016
I enjoyed being part of a team and enjoyed the various projects I was able to assist with.
I worked along side engineers to test and audit chips.
I am a fast learner and enjoyed being challenged and given additional tasks to work on.
I enjoy teaching and was able to participate in new hire teaching and onboarding.
It was very friendly place to work
Senior Software QA Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 13, 2016
Good company to work in.
Very smart and creative engineering resources with smart ideas.
The hardest part of the job was overtime of working hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was news about releasing products to production.
Cons
Outsourcing is never a good idea for all US companies!!! all secrets are now oversea!
Flex Hours
HR Specialist/Sr. Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 12, 2016
The best part of this job is to able to work Flex hours. As long as you get our work done, you can pretty much work any hours that you wish.
Good beginning for me
Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 1, 2016
Fantastic organization from an innovation, product catalog, solution vision and product execution perspective. Is beginning to change the sales culture from one that is more tactical to one that is more strategic in nature.
Very friendly environment
Sr. Software QA Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 29, 2016
We all know that half of our life we spend at work. So it is very important to have nice and friendly environment at work place as all of us need happy life. So, Silicon Image was that lovely place to work. Business success always depends on working environment!!! If employees happy, then employer will happy with the efficient productivity in business.
Pros
Friday's entertainments, all hands meetings with awards
Cons
long working hours, "any time vacation" (which was not true)
not special
Hardware Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  1140 E Arques Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085December 29, 2015
study and research and design and test
trial error is a lot
It is my major study so interesting to me
I have to visit my parents in my home country so I could not continue it.
I love the company name Silicon image after 15 years worked there
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 18, 2015
Generally Silicon Image is like my 2nd family. I spended 9 hours daily to work and still happy to go home, the environment is very friendly and close to each to make me very comfortable to work. Unfortunately, the company has sold and they let people go..i was sad because I think I will work there until retire. But I am okay now and still miss it.
I have beed in this company for more then 18 years. Very much I feel company like home
R&D Lab Manager and PCB Layout (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 14, 2015
Depend on the project we work. Some time we was very busy.
I learn a lot of signal integrity and power layout from signal integrity engineer. I don't think top management are good. That is the reason I lost my job. My co-worker are fine. The hardest part of the job is time constrain. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the company was small. We all knew each other and we treat each other like a family member
Productive and a fun Company
Quality & Reliability (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 25, 2015
Silicon Image was a great and fun place to work. Great team work and job culture. Everyone play hard and work hard and gave there 110% effort to support the success of the company.
Great work culture, helpful collegues
Customer Satisfaction Intern (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 25, 2015
I worked as an intern for 6 months.
The manager was very helpful and provided with all the documents and technical help possible.
Work and Life Balance place of work.
Human Resources Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 7, 2014
Multi tasking and busy day. Productive days. Worked as a team and cooperative co-workers.
office politics
Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 3, 2014
I love working with my team, but overall, the company does not seem to have a clear vision for the future.
high tech environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  SunnyvaleJanuary 14, 2014
High tech semiconductor company.
Fabless chip company that makes devices for consumer electronics market.
good work culture, but inefficient management
Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 18, 2013
Typical day starts at 9ish until you are tired, until you feel your productivity is not on par with you as you want it to be.

Your merit carries a lot of your weight, however your expression can carry you further, if you are not good at public speaking, you should think twice to join SI.

Management is little inefficient here, could be improved. You would not see your boss for two weeks, however he has the authority to have your review every year.

Your boss should trust you that you would not fumble, especially after 6 years of track record which should speak something about your work ethics and your work style.

When your project is working as you have planned it, with less worry about the "he said -she said".
Pros
a few exciting projects
Cons
too much bureaucracy
Motivated and responsible for process improvement. Great team work.
Director of Global NPI and System, Operation (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 5, 2013
Worked there for 10 years. Was very proactive and key person in operation. Supported internal and external customers with technical and process modification. learned strong management skill. Made so many process changes for operation improvement.