Silicon Valley Bank Employee Reviews

Workplace Culture
Sr. Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 29, 2018
Silicon Valley Bank is a wonderful concept bank with awesome employees. They provide a wonderful benefit package that is superior to other institutions.
Good Culture / Good People / Safe Career
Associate (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 2, 2018
It's the absolute best place to be if you want a career in credit. The people are great, the facilities are top notch and the clientele are interesting.
Have Fun Environment in work location.
Sr Informatica Developer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 28, 2018
Wonderful work location to learn new things.
Nice Ambience to work.
Have Fun Environment in work location.
A very good Management support to help all the employees.
Incredible Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 13, 2018
I cant say enough great things about this company. It was a wonderful working environment with supportive and collaborative teams. There was never a moment where I felt out of place. Extremely welcoming working environment .
we have games and actives we can do, to make us communicate more

every understanding
flexible
gives out great opportunities

we have games and actives we can do, to make us communicate more

great benefits when you start working here.
Great Learning Environment
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2018
Great opportunity to learn from credit training program. High quality culture. Meet incredible entrepreneurs with high tech/life science start ups. Recommend.
"SVB" Not the Amazing Place to Work Anymore
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 6, 2018
SVB used to be an amazing place to work. Management used to look out for their employees. Now days if your not willing to brown nose your way to the top, management looks for ways to get rid of you. Don't get me wrong the benefits are great but the culture has become down right intollerable. Don't get me started about work-life balance because the company works their employees to the bone and could care less about your personal time. I worked for the company for almost 20 years and I used to say I would never leave but changes in management made me realize I needed to make a career change.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Silcon Valley Bank
QA Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 27, 2018
Amazing boss and amazing place to work. Unfortunately they decided to go to a sticky team which mean everyone is under one development manager and no need for a test director. I would still work their if they found me another position.
There are a lot of internal politics.
n/a (Current Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 13, 2018
I would not recommend working here due to the workplace culture and the non-training to your position aspect of the company. It's a great place to work as a contractor but not a full time employee. Too many internal politics.
Good work life balance
Sr. IT Program Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 10, 2018
Good upper management
Company has a vision and growth prospects
Friendly and competitive work environment
Easy commute to work and ample parking
Ok Cafeteria
Fun work place
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 30, 2018
I really have learned so much working here. I love the culture of my job and the people are just super friendly and very welcoming. I am sad that it is only a temp job.
Good for a bank
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 26, 2018
Work life balance sucks, what did you expect its a bank.

Culture is a little better than most banks, but still stiff and boring. If you don't play golf you won't fit in with most of the others.
Pros
best bank to work for
Cons
still is a bank
.Review Summary
Senior Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 25, 2018
When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of Service
Great Culture and Benefits
Global Deposit Operations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 19, 2018
Good company to work for, with great leadership and industry-leading benefits. Really care about the employees as well as the clients, who are often on the cutting edge of innovation and technology. Great culture and attitude all around.
Pros
Benefits, Work/Life Balance, Leadership, Culture
Cons
Outdated Systems
senior oracle developer
Senior Oracle Developer (Former Employee) –  californiaMarch 12, 2018
Good place to work, nice people, friendly atmosphere. Good events, benefits.
Compensation, benefits, job security, advancement, job work/Life balance.
Good Experience
Business/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 9, 2018
Pros

Room for growth and opportunity.

Cons

Similiar cons to other jobs. Certain people will be paid more than you. Even if your job is harder and requires more loyalty to the company.
Dominant bank in it's industry.
Senior Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 6, 2018
Dominant bank in its industry. Strong customer service. Selling easy, just take the calls that come in. Stock has consistently done well over the years. You just have to drink the kool-aid and never disagree with management or you will disappear.
Stressful and Underwhelming
Deposit Operations Associates (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 28, 2018
The job description is nothing compared to the actual workload given per position. I was promised a lot of work, challenging at that - however on most days, I'm literally sitting there yawning at my computer screen pretending to look busy because the workload was lackluster.

When there was work, management tends to be very murky leaving you lost and confused as to what you're supposed to be doing. There's a disconnect between the operations employees and the management and higher ups (reports to CEO). While the CEO and people directly reporting to him have good intentions of making the company a better place, the immediate management to the daily operations employees need better guidance. Management are not willing to help you grow your career, they are looking out for themselves only.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, strict working policies
good
Business System Analyst/Level 2 Support (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 19, 2018
It was a good experience ,i learned a lot there ,the management is also good,work place is also good.company benefits and security system is also good
People
Team Lead / Senior Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 13, 2018
People used to be important at SVB and it was the foundation of its success. Specifically speaking about IT, there has been a tremendous turnover in the leadership team over the course of 10 years and most recently it is being run by a fear focused model. Leadership team clearly states one thing but silently acts on another and its obvious the managers are all afraid to make decisions and therefore turn-around throughout IT org is high. There are great people hiding in their shells waiting for change to occur so they can emerge and see SVB culture thrive once again.
Pros
Good people, Good Benefits & Comp
Cons
Fear stricken staff, corrupt leadership, difficult to mask

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silicon Valley Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight