Silicon Valley Bank

Silicon Valley Bank Employee Reviews

Productive work environment with lots of benefits
Was my first job out of college, very nice work perks such as catered lunches, snacks, great corporate events. Office is very nice, great location near the city.
Pros
Catered lunches, snacks, parties
Cons
Workplace culture
Toxic! Stay away!!!
Toxic Management
Overall company policies "seem" to be cutting edge, but fall short in weeding out toxic management that drag down the compamy. I've seen entire departments vanish over ONE PERSON! :/
Pros
9-5, good hours, lots of overtime
Cons
Just work anywhere but here
BSA department has no clue
The bsa department has no clue and pretty much worked you to death. The managers have to clue be ready to jump thru hoops. They will try to keep you at the same place same job by good pay but forget promotions.
Productive and educational work place with great people
Basically we were a glorified call center. We took business customer calls regarding their credit/debit card accounts. We addressed problems with the accounts, put holds on the cards or added notes for travel, waived fees or explained them etc. I enjoyed it because there was really no down time. You helped people every day and got to spend a lot of time learning new systems and figuring out more efficient ways to do things.
It's a Great Company if you get the right manager
I loved SVB as a company. Unfortunately my experience was made miserable by a manager who gave unreasonable workloads and deadlines. The expectation was to work evenings and weekends, although she constantly said, "I'm not asking you to work evenings and weekends, I'm asking you to get your work done."
The work was made impossible by directions that were always changing. It seemed intentional. I was told to do something one way. When it was completed, I was told that it was supposed to be a different way. This was done repeatedly on almost everything that I was assigned. If you want to work here, I hope you get a better experience.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Fun workplace
Productive and fun work environment with a great culture. I was an intern so I didn't get to experience the job in its entirety, but I was able to gain great insight on the work.
SVB review
A collaborative environment that fosters good work relaiionships as well as work/life balance. Full time staff are very helpful and supportive of contract resources.
N/a
I would not like to write a review but this action needs to be completed before moving on to the next step. This is a great place to work and the vision is amazing
Silicon Valley Bank
Silicon Valley Bank is a large banking headquarters located in Sunnyvale, CA. The environment is very fast paced and busy with a lot of training and cross training.
Great Place to Work
Many re-orgs in progress to improve current environment. This is a plus and a minus. However, I must say, this was an experience that I greatly benefited from.
Flexible schedule and work life balance
I have truly enjoyed my time at SVB because of their flexible scheduling, work life balance, compensation and benefits. There are opportunities for improvement concerning advancement and management.
Pros
Flexible, pay, benefits, remote access
Cons
Management, favoritism, no ability for advancement
Great Culture
SVB has a great culture and fosters teamwork. The employees at this company are some of the most friendly you'll meet. Advancement is difficult. You need to look for outside opportunities to move up.
Excellent Employer
Great place to work. Fast pace innovative company going through rapid growth in the highly competitive venture capital environment. New management bringing a modern approach to bank product development.
Pros
Innovative
Cons
Rapid Growth
I like the place is nice place to work only management plays a lot of favoritism. You have a good vacation sick time and good benefits. But management need more training.
Finance department
Great until new AP Manager was hired in 2010. So much favoritism when she brought in her 2 previous employees. Outsourced depth to India and she got rid of all her employees except those 2, even though one had bad attitude and attendance. Because she wanted to keep those 2 she conspired with the BU Controller to find reasons to get rid of all the others. She ridiculed us on a daily basis
Productive and Fun working place.
Productive and Fun working place. Very good place to work. Very good exposure to different aspects of business. Lots of encouragement and motivation...
Behind current Technology
Management does not understand corporate strategy nor follows corporate values.

CEO has made managerial decisions that are not consistent with his style or values.
It's cool.
Nothing crazy to write home about the experience here. Excellent place to start your career. Manager is terrific. Tech is expanding. Awesome location with great parking. Relaxed colleagues.
It's a great place to work with great benefits. The managers are collaborative and friendly. Employee benefits are just awesome. They embrace diversity and focus on employee empowerment
Great Culture and Collaboritive Environment
SVB is a great place to work! The office is modern and everyone is friendly. We constantly collaborate with internal business partners to find solutions for clients as quickly as possible. I would recommend anyone to work here!
Where Technology Pros Go To Die
Silicon Valley Bank has a better than average compensation structure, but that's where the good ends.

You might enjoy SVB if:

* You love kissing butt and have no desire to advance through sound technical practices, or

* You enjoy being blamed for the consequences of management's self-serving, short-sighted behaviors in their quest to be promoted at all costs, or

* You have no self-esteem, no life, no friends, and no desire to do anything but work at all hours on all days working futilely to try to fix what you will never be allowed by management to fix as they pile on more tech debt from their endless self-serving "ideas" that are nothing but attempts to get promoted on your back.
Pros
Better than average compensation
Cons
Selfish incompetent bullying management starting at the top, Politics is more valued than quality, Constantly cutting corners to serve the ambitions of managers wanting to be promoted
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silicon Valley Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Silicon Valley Bank.