Silver Bay Seafoods

Silver Bay Seafoods Employee Reviews

United States147 reviews
I enjoyed working for this company, the management was very supportive and easy to work with. The most enjoyable part was serving the customers. I would say its an outstanding place to work.
They treat their processors like cattle! We were literally yelled at every single break to get back to work! You don’t get a full length break. They include your changing time into your breaks. Little to no training, you only get to know your position by getting thrown into the job and yelled at when you do something wrong until you correct it. My supervisors spoke little English and didn’t communicate with me at all. Not worth the money!!!! Go work for a different plant and actually get treated like a human being. It’s a huge bait and switch situation. I told HR that there was so much about this job that “wasn’t on the flyer” and their response was “if we disclosed all of that do you think people would actually come?” On top of that they drive people so hard especially the foreigners from less developed countries because they know that those people don’t have a choice and have to work and silverbay takes advantage of that!! Don’t work here!!! Not worth it!!!! Only a 30 lunch for a 16 hour shift and even at 20 minutes they are yelling at everyone to get back to work. I was so looking forward to this experience in Alaska and they totally destroyed that! I wish I was exaggerating! I’m not. I had to leave due to being overworked I hurt my shoulder and just a hint: 9 people left the same day I did. It’s very common for a high number of people leaving that job due to work conditions.
Don’t recommend but it is a job. And it is paid but weekly so you don’t have to wait but you do have to pay for plane ticket from anchorage or seattle
Pros
Food was ready
Cons
Short break dirt rooms and bunk house to far from plant
Y’all. This is really bad place to work. RACIST company and they only single out African Americans and make them work much harder while the “priority” gets to relax and not work and still get paid. I recommend steering clear from this company.
Pros
Get to meet new people
Cons
Racism, short breaks, greasy food, bad living conditions, racism, and racism.
Muchas horas de trabajo y buena relación con tus compañeros, pero si te enfermas tienes que correr con todos los gastos por tu cuenta
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I was never an employee but close to one that works or worked there. Irs a shame that the owners run the business can get away with treating employees like they own them. The BBB should step in and give these guys a lesson on respect of employees. They are ruthless and unfair. One day they will wish their ignorance will be revealed and I hope every dime they have made disappears.
Empresa en la que aprendí el valor de un compañero y trabaje en equipo
The co-workers are amazing, The owners are very rude and inconsiderate. I do NOT recommend working here. The pay is only $2.13, the owners never give anyone a raise or even tell them good job team it’s overall a horrible job
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Horrible boss
Es una gran oportunidad para experimentar y emplearte en momentos donde no tienes trabajos trabajas en comunidad en ciertos momentos bajo presión pero la paga lo recompensa y la gran cantidad d personas q conoces del mundo..
I'd go to work at 6am work a 16 hour shift then go to sleep wake up and do it all again.
i learned a lot about the fish industry.

the management was okay they were on task type people.

The work environment was very diverse and there were people from many different cultures and backgrounds

the most enjoyable part of it was meeting different people
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Silver Bay Seafoods?
Great working environment. I’m getting to meet some new friends from other countries. The food is alright and the company has a laundry room attendant for us to have clean clothes .
16-18 days in a huge refrigerated warehouse, low pay, barracks are shabby at best, food is provided and during your 15 min breaks as well, 3 shift 16 hour shifts, all in alaska
Oportunidad de crecimiento,Buen salario y estabilidad
The owners of this restaurant are very mean to some (not all) employees.. I’ve seen them throw food on servers, cuss at them, and belittle them in front of others. Horrible place to work
Silverbay Seafoods is a great seasonal job with friendly and helpful staff and friendly co workers who are good team players, I would recommend this company to friends.
Everything is good at this company
They can have all you need (home, foods, laundry)

They can give salary on time

Very accommodating staff and co-employees
There you work hard for 16 hours a day for approximately 3 months. It's about bringing a family atmosphere to feel comfortable. I learned to work (process) a fish and work under pressure for 16 hours a day.
While working at the Valdez processing plant, the co-workers you work with will become family like relationships. Most are returning works with existing relationships, however, meeting new people who you keep in contact with even after the season is over has been a delight. Dinning, housing, and off the clock activities adds to the work experience.
I liked it...great experience.. Most times you were very busy which is a plus in this line of work... Everyone stayed on task which made the job operations go more smoothly..
Love working for the plant. Fast paced .learned a lot of good stuff.never be late for a shift.lots of overtime if you volinteer .move around different departments.
Respecto a salarios muy bueno ya que nos pagan después de las 40 horas a casi 20 dlls muy buena comida señal un poco lenta y alimentos ricos y a tiempi