Silver Cross Hospital Employee Reviews

Not happy with my summary of job..
HOUSEKEEPING TECH. (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 16, 2019
I got a raw deal because my supervisor didn't stand up for me against a differentt employee, I was supposed to be supervisor at night and instead of the employee doing what was supposed to be done she back talk me and when I call the supervisor she went against me for the other girl and I end up losing my job.. it was unfair and I tried getting my job back but I could not get it back but they allow the other girl to get hers back and she was on drugs but she had a pastor come and talk for her so they allowed her a new start but not me I didn't bring a pastor in... I feel like I got a raw deal and I had planned on working my life here..
Pros
Good money, security
Cons
No support for working employee who had a issue with another employee
think twice before accepting a position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILMarch 1, 2019
poor employee loyalty, managers take sides before understanding situations, very reactive vs. pro active. Company concerns are how the world sees them
Productive and fun place to work.
RETAIL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILFebruary 15, 2019
Busy day, team work, great service, hardest part of the job was finding parking. Enjoyable part of the job was the staff, clients, co-workers and doctors.
excellent benefits, great place to work overall
Health Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILDecember 9, 2018
A typical day consist of analyzing charts, interaction with physicians, special projects that are assigned to me

The hardest part of my job is having satisfaction in a job well done.

The workplace culture can be stressful at times, but rewarding when the job is completed.

I have learned there are many ways of doing the same job and receiving the same results.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
lack of advancement available
Productive and Good place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILNovember 29, 2018
Nice environment, always productive and helpful and always maintain a sterile hospital. This place is a wonderful place to work and start to build a career.
Fast paced, fun people
Staff X-Ray/CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 18, 2018
I worked at the old hospital and it was busy, but the staff was great! I’m sure the new hospital is wonderful. The staff really cared about each other and the doctors were very friendly.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long drive
Enjoyed the job
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 13, 2018
Silver Cross Hospital was a good place to work. It has been 22 years since I was employed with them. The employees were great to work with and always willing to assist and team players. Enjoyable part of job was interacting with clients and physicians.
Pros
Shifts never rotated
Cons
working weekends and holidays
Good people. Comfortable place to work
Travel Coding and Auditing consultant (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILNovember 13, 2018
Friendly, helpful mangement staff. Always cooperative when needed. Productive job. the IT department was very good. Always helpful. did not wait long for computer solutions.
we always worked as a team.we helped each other.we were very perfetinal
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 13, 2018
a typical day as a CNA first we would have a small meeting to get information about the patients then I would go get the vital signs record them in the chart and the computer then before the dinner i would have to do the acucheck. then i would help feed the patients that needed help also i would help them bath.
Caring environment for patients
Experienced OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILOctober 29, 2018
Everyone takes great care of the patients! Silver cross is a great hospital with fantastic diagnostics and an excellent er. Not only do I work there but it is where I take my family as well.
Productive, busy and family orientated community hospital
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  AdminstrationOctober 25, 2018
Family oriented hospital. close knit, typical community hospital and very nice people. There is really no room to advance depending on your field and low paying.
Pros
Close knit, flexible
Cons
low salary
Great company
Student Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, IL 60451October 9, 2018
This company definitely has some great travel advantages! I was able to have autonomy in my skilled nursing care and be flexible with scheduling. I definitely recommend this company.
Productive workplace
RN (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILOctober 2, 2018
Typical work day depends on what unit you are on, but most are busy with 5-6 patients for each nurse. Day shift has many discharges, while afternoons has most of the admissions. Management is easily accessible if there is an issue.
Great Place to work!
Patient Financial Service, EOB Reviewer (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILSeptember 26, 2018
Management fair.Employees great. Benefits are the best in the area.
Work place culture is family orientated. Great location near 355.
They have many family time function to enjoy.
Fair Place To Work
RN (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILSeptember 23, 2018
Management not interested in opinions of newer employees. Cater to their favorites. Double standards. Pay lower than market and minimal raises. You can obtain your experience and then move on.
Pros
Hire new grads
Cons
Average benefits, poor pay
Silver Cross Lab
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILSeptember 15, 2018
The laboratory at Silvercross is by my far my favorite lab to have had worked in. The phlebotomist are competent. Every employee- no matter the pay grade- greets each other in hallways, parking lots, etc. Overall, everyone is extremely satisfied to be at Silvercross.
miscommunication
Outpatient Coding Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2018
workplace discrimination to the highest degree! this position was not fulfilling and was added stress if anything. I did not feel understood nor truly welcomed. the environment is close-minded, domineering, and catty, including the physicians!
Well run
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 27, 2018
This was an intake position for MRI testing. I also filled in for executive secretaries when they were on vacation. I originally worked in the HR and cleaned up their filing system. Years later I was asked to fill the position as MRI intake position. Was well respected for my abilities and opinions.
Pros
Good working conditions
not patient centered
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 23, 2018
May be a 5 star hospital but night shift sat at the desk and socialized patients were often ignored. Assured day position would open up soon and found out this was told to all new hires. Senior leadership has been there too long and only knows Silver Cross. Dr. do not answer phones when called at night and information share with director but nothing done
Pros
pretty hospital
Cons
everything
The people at Silver Cross are worth staying in the job for!
Staff RN- Mother/Baby (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILJuly 27, 2018
It was a good job for as long as I was there. The employees were outstanding. The hospital is new and is wonderful for the patients, providing all single rooms. I really enjoyed the continuing education offered to employees.
Pros
Good people, good area
Cons
High census of patients