Silver Dollar City
Happiness rating is 70 out of 100

Silver Dollar City Employee Reviews

United States101 reviews

Fun place to work… with a few bumps along the way.

My time at SDC was short. Though short, I loved every minute of it. My coworkers were amazing and supportive. However, the management was less than desirable. However, this was a few years back, so I’m not sure if anything has changed or not. They aren’t too flexible as far as work-life balance though. They do, however, treat you like family. Working with the guests and making them happy (and keeping them safe, too) is all that really mattered to me, and I got to see it every single day.

Pros

Free admission

Cons

Low pay for what they expect of you

Working at SDC is hard work but enjoyable!

I really enjoyed working at SDC when it came to interacting with guests and other employees. Most everyone was friendly and it made the work environment tolerable. The hours are very long and the work is exhausting but you felt rewarded at the end of a day.

Pros

Free meals Free tickets into the park Paid for attractions in other areas of Branson

Cons

Pay is low for such a hard job Extremely hot and cold working conditions depending on your station

Unique place to put in hard work

Many people visit and say they want to work there. It's long hours, hot, and hard work. The pay is mediocre. Good managers are hit and miss throughout the park. Communication between departments needs improvement.

Pros

Feels like you're part of the family - free guest passes

Cons

Pay and long hours

Very fun, guests are great

Very fun place to work. Guests are great. Get comp tickets to SDC and shows & attractions. Employee lounge has inexpensive food. You can can visit the park anytime on your off time, your spouse and dependant children get in for free. Very beautiful at Christmas time!

Pros

Tickets/shows

Cons

Weekends, evenings

Fun workplace

Great place to work, very fun and you get a lot of benefits for the days that you are off. Never really a bad day working at SDC. Great learning experience as well.

Pros

Good lunch free things

Cons

Short breaks and lunches

Fun place to work,

Feels like family, the owners and supervisor's really care about their employees, great place to work, I was there for 10 years, would like to go back some day if I move back to branson, mo.

They say it's a great place to work, but in reality, it isn't

where should I start.. the leadership teams are corrupt and don't care about your well being, you get paid and treated like a peasant, and your left with nothing but a bad job

Pros

Free prizes through "gear ups"

Cons

Low Pay and bad working conditions

Low pay for the most part.

Good job for a young person to start out with or a retired person. Very team oriented. Main focus is on guests. Safety concerns need to be addressed as important .

Great Company

A really fun place to work, but the pay isn't great. You feel appreciated for the most part. Great place to work if you like meeting lots of people.

Depends what department you get into.

Not always 40 hours for full time. There are several different departments to work in. Plus different hire on types: Full-time seasonal, part-time seasonal, full-time, etc... which determine the benefits.

Job sucked all the way around!

Management doesn't care about you, you are paid bad for all of the work that you are expected to do. You do not get very many benefits for working here. Just don't even waste your time here.

benefits

This company offers benefits that make working for them a very good thing. Scheduling is flexible. Managers and co-workers are like a big family and fun to work with.

There are ups and downs in every job. Simply have fun through all of it.

SDC was the most fun place I have ever worked in my life. I had more fun than any of the guests in the Park. I gave my all to make sure we helped our guests create memories worth repeating. I worked all hrs. that I was needed for. Retirement plan was pretty good. 401-K and profit sharing and insurance. Employees are continually give the opportunity to advance with the company. Most Managers were very appreciative of all leadership personnel working under them. We lived our 1880's theme every day We created the atmosphere for our guests to have fun.

Good People and Excellent Assistance Program

Silver Dollar City was a family to me. When my wife got sick, they had my back. They have a great assistance program and lots of good, caring people in charge.

A good place to work for and promoting family fun

I worked here over the summer. I absolutely loved it and when i get the chance to go back I make sure to go see all the friends I absolutely miss when I left. I learned what an actual job consists of and how to deal with supervisors and managers. My favorite part about working here was at the end of the day when the workers would come in at the end of the day and we could talk together while doing our end of day duties.

Great place to work if you enjoy meeting and talking to people

The only drawback was that it is seasonal work. When I retire and want a partial fun job I will definitely be going there. There are alot of chances to cross train in other depths if you want.

Great People

The friends you make here will be life long. Working here you become a family. It is a hard job depending where you get places and you will experience all different kinds of weather conditions.

Pros

Work doctor

Cons

low wages

The company truly cares for their employees. It is a "true working family". Downsides: Not an all year position. The park is always understaffed. The pay is not equivalent to the tasks required.

Good company

They do a lot for their hourly employees! It’s a good thing they do. The employee events are spectacular. They go all out for them and I think that is great!

I loved this job

They are an awesome company. They think of their employees before profit. They are very understanding. They work with parents. I would recommend this to anyone.

Silver Dollar City

I really enjoy working at the city with all the people. I live meeting new people every day and having different interactions. I have difficulty with the schedule because it's hard to find a daycare with an open spot for an infant.

Pros

Working with different people

Cons

Schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Dollar City. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits