Silver Knights Enrichment

Silver Knights Enrichment Employee Reviews

Fun Part-Time Work
I love working with SKE! I have been a STEM instructor since March and I have enjoyed working with this company from the beginning. The program managers are very flexible with your work schedule and will accommodate accordingly. They are also very good at providing great feedback if you have any questions or concerns.
Pros
Great part-time pay
Cons
Drive times may be long
Fun Place to Work
Great place to work and sense of pride by giving back to the community. You are working with young people. It is a great feeling to see kids learn about the game of chess.
Great company
This is a great job if you are a high school or college student that just needs a job to make extra money. You work less than 2 hours a day and the pay is great. This is strictly a part time job however, which is good if that’s what you’re looking for. I love working with kids and seeing their growth and improvement in coding.
Great company
I have worked for Silver Knights on and off in various positions over the years, and I have no complaints and love the company! Management is respectful, the culture is fun and not stuffy, and if I ever had a question or concern it was always adequately addressed. Pay was right where I expected it to be, and there were always opportunities to learn and grow.
Pros
Management was great, reasonable work/life balance
Cons
Can’t think of any for my position
Great work for part time gigs
I enjoy working at Silver Knights mainly because I get to work with students doing something fun. The company is supportive and works with you to make sure you have everything you need to perform successfully. However, if the company don't win or keep schools near your area you either lose work or have to travel further to work. This can be an advantage because they pay for travel reimbursement. But traffic is a nightmare in some parts.
Pros
Getting paid to have fun with students.
Cons
Not enough jobs
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Good at first, down hill recently.
Good at first, but has gone downhill recently. Schools are fewer, travel longer. They add new programs/teachers without thinking of the people they have and if they are flooding the area with teachers (lowering overall pay)
Pros
Good for students/retiries
Cons
Bad long term forecast imo.
Friendly Staff
I was a coding instructor at SKE. Overall, I had a positive experience working at SKE. Management are kind and understanding. It's a nice part-time gig for students or people trying to get extra income on the side. Most importantly, it is fulfilling to help kids learn and build their confidence.
Cons
Not many, But you will work a little more than the allotted time that they pay you, Such as packing up equipment at the end.
Excellent company for computer minded and chess minded individuals.
For a student or someone looking for part time employment, and a reliable car and willingness to travel (locally) this is a very good part time opportunity. The staff are very supportive and helpful.
Pros
freedom to choose where to teach
Cons
lots of travel for only one hour's pay
Average Chess/STEM education program in Greater DC
Work consists of bringing company issued computers and chess sets to schools in DC and Baltimore area. This is proceeded by setting them up. This job requires computers to be charge at home. At the beginning of each class instructors spend 5 minutes explaining an important concept in the class. They also take attendance at this time. For the remainder of class aides and instructors help students by answering questions. Each class is 1 hour long. At the end of class instructors and aides sign out students by bringing them to their parents. They then back-up equipment. Instructors also are required to send a generic email to parents about what the students learned in class as well as an email for how successful each class was to their managers.

Due to the nature of the job co-workers rarely see each other so there are company socials about once a month.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with students that refuse to listen to instructions, interrupt lessons or have other behavioral issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping advanced students develop a level of understanding above Silver Knights Enrichment's expectations. Unfortunately many of the lessons are cookie cutter assignments where the answers are given to them.
Pros
Good pay for students
Cons
Long travel/DC Traffic
Silver Knights is great
A great place to work out with flexible hours to fit a college student's needs. Silver Knights tries to place you in schools near you which is very beneficial as the hours worked are short since it is an after school program. The employees are all friendly and its a wonderful
Pros
short hours, flexible
Cons
short hours
great for university students
Very flexible with hours as a coach. Willing to work with you on schedules if needed. Hours given to you if you are an assistant coach can be low depending on demand but the work itself is very enjoyable and rewarding!
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
can be short on hours, travel cost in gas can be more than money earned
Good place for chess players
My job is a chess coach which means I teach students from kindergarten to elementary school. If you know how to play chess and have teaching skills, this job is a job I could recommend. Management is great and they are willing to help you and make tasks better for their employees.
Pros
Good management, job and life balancing.
Incredible opportunity for retirees!
The age range of instructors and aides at SKE runs the gamut, from college students to retirees. As a retired teacher and an avid chess player, I have found it to be a perfect fit! The hours are good (mostly after school clubs with some before school), and SKE employs instructors and aides in both chess and coding. The compensation is excellent, and they provide great professional development training. If you're retired - from any field - and you have a knowledge of chess or coding, this is a wonderful opportunity to keep busy and earn some part-time money. Training is provided. If you're looking for part-time work, you owe it to yourself to give SKE a try.
Pros
Great support! Fun job working with kids who want to learn chess or coding.
Great for full-time students and recent graduates.
The people at SKE are caring and constantly work to asset their employees. They take time to ask for feedback and it is evident they use that information when writing new curriculum and policies for clubs. The pay is fantastic for part-time work and it’s flexible enough to be a full-time student or hold another occupation. The office staff has always been kind and are available to answer questions whenever anything arises. Having come to SKE with a limited knowledge of chess, and no knowledge of coding, they have been incredible in training the skills needed for the job. Truthfully, if you are able to manage a group of elementary students and like working with children, SKE is the company to go to!
Pros
Good pay, usually local work, paid for yearly training/surveys.
Cons
Limited hours, but that comes with after-care work.
Really great management and work flexibility
I love the people at Silver Knights! I think a lot of this has to do with the organization being fair and hiring people with integrity to management positions. You don't see the office politics that you see in other organizations and that's a HUGE plus. Plus, the part time work is ideal for retirees! Additionally, very supportive system in place to help you succeed!
Pros
Great People and Work Flexibility
Cons
Sometimes the drive can be long
Incredible for College Students
The compensation is great, and the work is rewarding. It allowed me to quit my two other jobs and focus on my school work. I don't see it as a future career but it is one that has given me quite a bit of freedom in both time management and finances.

A typical day involves teaching a short lesson and directing chess games. It is easily as long as you are good with children and atleast a weak tournament chess player.

The biggest weakness this job has is the drive times. I lose a lot of time driving to and from a 75 minute shift. Luckily, even with commute included the compensation is still good.

As for management, it is hit or miss. The good ones knock it out of the park, and the bad ones are grating. Its not like it really matters though because between promotions and quitting, no manager really sits in one place for too long.
Pros
Pay, Working With Children
Cons
Short Segmented Shifts, Driving, Part Time
Silver Knights Enrichment is a great company
Silver Knights Enrichment is a great company to work for. I've worked for SKE for about a year as an aide teaching chess. My supervisors are all very knowledgeable about chess and are genuinely interested in teaching it to kids. In general, the SKE management team is extremely flexible and tries pretty hard to be accommodating to their employees. The best part of the job for me has been that I can do what I love (teach and play chess) and get compensated very generously for it. I give Silver Knights an enthusiastic endorsement.
Pros
Great managers, good pay, and fun on the job
Cons
can't think of any
Rewarding and fun part-time work
I'm a college student and have been at SKE for 3 years. I love working here because I get the benefit of advancing my personal teaching strengths will getting above average pay with low time commitment; which is very valuable to college students. Typically Chess or Coding classes take one hour to teach at and then you're on your way. I've really had the chance to personally know all the staff members and they're very friendly people that care. I started out as a Chess aide and now I am a Chess coach, there are great growth opportunities here if you want them. The company culture is very open and staff members are always open to hearing your problems and ideas. One thing I can really appreciate is that SKE doesn't make a big deal when asking for time off, this is something you don't find everywhere.
Pros
High pay, flexible scheduling, growth opportunities, friendly staff, easy leave requests, no micromanaging
Cons
Driving to schools, limited hours
Informative and Friendly
Working for Silver Knights Enrichment is awesome. The people are nice and is more than willing to help when in need. Coaching students led me to obtaining a greater knowledge of chess and coding, so I'm teaching and learning at the same time.
Caring company with respect for staff and students
JOB: It's wonderful training kids on Computer Coding. It gives me an opportunity to "play" with kids while putting them on a life long learning path. (I'm a retired Technology teacher so this is a PLUS).

It's great teaching them the skill of coding and helping them learn logical thinking from the coding. What they learn is so much fun, I have had students bring in the next week new things that have found out and programs or games that they made.

SUPPORT: Couldn't have a more helpful group of co-workers and all in the office. They are there for you with the curriculum prepared; instructions on how to do it; willing to listen to all suggestions for enhancing or ideas for a better way.

So happy that I found this as a part time job. It's nice, wonderful, great, fabulous as a part time.

The office people are so wonderful and helpful, too.
Pros
Part Time job, the kids
Cons
NONE to do with the job - only the traffic but that comes with this area (NOVA)
great place to work, very friendly work environment
It's a very flexible and nice work space. I started as a chess coach's aide, then moved up to be a chess coach. They pay very nicely, and work with your schedule. The people there are always friendly, and the higher ups offer nice tips that improve my teaching style.
Pros
good pay, flexible schedule, friendly work environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Knights Enrichment. Our community is ready to answer.
4.9