Silver Lake Resort Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a good experience
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 27, 2018
Not a good experience. Supervisors were not professional and always had issues with the management.. I would not recommend working for that Security Company
Ambiente agradable
Houseman/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Muy buenos en todo personal agradable, buena atencion..
If you have another choice. Choose the other.
Security (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 11, 2017
Terrible place to be employed. Too stressful. No good management. Stay away from it. Go and get something else somewhere else. If you take the position start looking for something else right away. No a long term employment for sure.
Good start for timeshare
Timeshare In-House Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2017
Silver Lake provides a relaxed working environment for those looking to branch out in the timeshare world. They leave you alone and let you do what you must.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No training
Awesome place to work!!
Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 5, 2017
I loved working at Silver Lake. The management and co-workers were absolutely wonderful! I always looked forward to going to work everyday and I loved the job I did there!
Not a great company to settle in
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 2, 2017
Management was too relaxed and didn't want to listen to opinions and advice to help enhance performance. Good company but no 401 K and incentive to retire with. Pay was really low compared to other companies in industry.There were not enough leads to make bookings and earn commission.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
not enough leads to make bookings
Very stressful work place
Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 25, 2017
They will fire you for having a disability. The manager of housekeeping is to busy sleeping with coworkers instead of getting the team on track and making sure the company keeps a good company review
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Management lies to staff
Decent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 12, 2017
Working at silver lake is okay for temporary work but there is no job security there and the management is all over the place. Rules are always changing and it's just very annoying.
Cool
Housemen , Runner . (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 31, 2017
The place is really nice nobody usually has anything bad to say about anyone . Everybody there especially in housekeeping is very close tight nit that working is fun .
Controlled activities and games for guests of all ages
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 10, 2017
In my previous job I coordinated games for my guest such as bingo, I also served my guest food that me and my team put together for them such as hot dogs, ice cream and more.
Pros
Free food from the cabana
unfair
Housekeeping inspector (Current Employee) –  7751 Black Lake Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34747March 10, 2017
They treat people unfair. They favor there own kind of people and give you all the work. They are very disrespectful. They are nice when they want to be.
Great place to stay and work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Work is great the place is beautiful and friendly, I have learned that there are employers who care about their workers, management is great. I really enjoy coming to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
good break time
Great company
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 31, 2016
Silver Lakes was a great company where I gained a lot of management experience. I was in charge of a very large group of employees as well as the maintenance and operation of 2000+ unit and grounds of a very large property.
need better managment
Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 5, 2016
working there is fun but if you have a problem with a co-worker managment will turn a blind eye and not handle it till it gets out of hand .they play favatisim on who they give a raise to . its a good place to work if you enjoy meeting new people but as far as drama its all for it .its a easy job
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
to much drama, mangement suck
fun and friendly
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 8, 2016
I loved my co-workers and manager. Everyone made it so easy to feel comfortable. All employees helped if I had questions and all were willing to show me how to do certain tasks.
Productive and fun place
Dispatcher/Inspector (Current Employee) –  7751 BLACK LAKE RDFebruary 29, 2016
I love working as a dispatcher / inspector at silver lake resort. I get to interact with others as well as meet new people. My work area was a very comfortable working environment and we are all like a big family. Helped each other out in through the good and the bad times.
Pros
Excellent work area, Co workers, Understanding
Cons
Not much pay, Healthcare benefits
Customer Rep
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  7751 Black Lake Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34747July 8, 2015
I have never had a job that the my co-workers we're like a family. This company was health working environment. I like the fact that I get working with many different type of individual with their culture. I learn a lot from those individual that I had encounter. I would like to work at a company where is everybody has self respect for themselves and others. Am a hard work and am willing to take on other jobs responsibility and learning new aspect of the company.
Very productive and responsable...
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 14, 2015
I was responsible for leading, training and supervising Room Attendants and Housepersons in the hotel. focus, and resilience of our guests while focusing on exceptional service and genuine comfort.
A great place to work with a lot of nice people around.
WELCOME CENTER REP (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 19, 2014
Was doing a lot of data entry daily as well as check ins co workers were fun management was good .It was a all around good work atmosphere
Pros
Some free time
Cons
No lunch room
Camp Host and night watchman (Former Employee) –  Silver Lake, WAMarch 3, 2014
All of the co-workers were easy to get along with and were pleasant. There was no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable part of the ability to go bass fishing every day. A typical day at work was greeting guests, helping them park, answering their questions and making them feel at home. At 10 Pm I went out and walked the park to make sure everything was locked up and everyone was obeying the quiet time.
Pros
Weather and atmosphere
Cons
Lots of kids at times