Silver Star Brands Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stressful and they ask for to much for minimum wage
Generall production (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 22, 2018
Not worth the stress or hassle these managers just bark orders even if the system dont work they are oblivious to it To much demand u get written up for not being exactly on there production goal
Cons
Company with a long standing history that offers a good balance between work and home
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 12, 2018
A good company to work for that offers a lot of perks of fun and knowledge. The positions are varied and levels of experience run from a first job to a long term career.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Having issues keeping up with the times
Fast Paced or casual depending where in the company you work
Fulfillment Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 6, 2018
You need to produce work numbers to keep your job. Learn from your trainer and pay attention to what you are doing and you will be fine.
There is casual to dressy varients in how people dress for the company and where in the company they work.
Shorts are worn year round in the warehouse for someone who doesn't like the heat while working hard.
Pros
once a month pot lucks, employee appreciation day
Cons
warehouse is super hot during summer
Good job for the paycheck
Telemarketing Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 30, 2018
This was a steady job, but not one I would want to work forever. They had good training and opportunities to get raises, but not much a team building environment.
Silver star brands
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 24, 2018
Great place to work you take phone calls from old lady's all day and they are normally all sweet hearts. We have to take calls and Place orders also up sale while taking the calls
Pros
Bumps
Good Seasonal Employment Opportunity
Hand Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 21, 2018
If you work seasonally with Silver Star Brands and they like your work ethics, they will offer you full time employment at the end of the season. The work environment is what you would expect from a manufacturing company.
Great place
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 21, 2018
It was a great place to work with cool people. They were always there to help in any was they could. I would recommend this job to others. great job if you need some extra cash.
If you can't find a job ANYWHERE else...
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 7, 2018
This is a company that will hire anyone. That's not always a bad thing! However, they focus on the difficult to place worker. This could be for a variety of reasons, ie: poor work history, criminal record, developmentally disabled, etc. This is a Godsend for folks who fit into those categories, and for the company as well. Silver Star can pay a pittance for a wage, give no paid sick time, provide an unsafe work environment, provide virtually no training, and flaunt unqualified & untrained supervisors. By doing this to this class of worker, they needn't worry about people trying to unionize or pesky little OSHA violations. No one is going to report it because everybody NEEDS this job! The job pays enough that the worker gets knocked out of BadgerCare, yet offers health insurance at an absolutely unaffordable rate. And to what end? These are seasonal jobs for the most part! Most of these folks will be right back on BadgerCare come lay-off time!! This past holiday season (2017), staff was actually bragging about how they were hiring about 150-odd fewer workers than the year before. With the prevailing economic upturn, that certainly sounds like a company in trouble! The result? Severely overworked line workers & multitudes of errors in order picking. Yet the employees are rated on the basis of speed and accuracy! Rarely does one hear that they have done a good job, yet every error is magnified to the nth degree.
Line leads, the direct supervisors of most workers in fulfillment, are a joke. They are not trained beyond being told how to operate the walkie-talkies. Line
  more... leads are rewarded not for any discernable merits, but because they have been their awhile. The incompetence of this group of supervisors is absolutely mind-boggling. Zero people skills. Zero supervisory skills. Zero ability to work under pressure. Watching them as a group is an exercise that strains credulity.
Folks in upper management at Silver Star are actually, for the most part, good at their jobs. They should be ashamed of what they are being told to do, and ashamed of putting Silver Star down on a resume.
If you really can't find a job saying "Would you like some fries with that?", then Silver Star is for you. Otherwise, run as fast as you can!!
Pros
Donuts on Saturdays
Cons
Everything else
Silver Star is an enjoyable and safe place to work.
Quality Control Personalized Product Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoy working at Silver Star Brands each Christmas season.
I especially appreciate the company's emphasis on safety. I plan
to continue at Silver Star Brands during the Christmas season of
2018. If I am employed in a year-round job at that time, I may
still consider a few hours at Silver Star for the Christmas season.
Pros
emphasis on safety at all times
Cons
Nothing in my job was bad enough to call a "con."
The jingle you hear on the radio is a lie!
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 1, 2018
It was a decent place to work.
The discounts on the stuff was good, but most of the stuff is junk.
Most of the co-workers were a great bunch of people.
Handprinter Seasonal employee returned 4 years
Handprinter (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJanuary 25, 2018
I really loved my job. Unfortunately the old ideas and outdated ways of things are making the company itself have less and less business. I feel like they aren't focusing on the correct areas of improvement in the company.
Pros
Stock, 401k, respectful environment
Cons
Critical thinking is not encouraged enough. The good jobs are only seasonal.
Terrible...Run
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 3, 2017
Don't even think of applying for a job here. Management is fake. There's nothing positive here whatsoever. I would never recommend this company to anyone. They hire anyone as long as you have a pulse and can even be fired from Walmart.
Constant Movement
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 12, 2017
Running from side to side grabbing products or boxes off the line while maintaining a strict production mark.
I learned that many places need hard workers because not everyone can do the job as intended.
Management needs improving to help the company reach its true potential.
the Hardest part of the job is the constant stress on the body and sometimes the mind.
I greatly enjoy most of my fellow co workers.
Pros
the fun employees that work there
Cons
poor management & dictator ship
disfunction and ineptitude
Senior Network & Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 2, 2017
Silver Star Brands is an online retailer in the process of outsourcing all IT functionality. Management puts money into paper catalog and marketing while Information Technology remains necessary evil.
Pros
direct manager was excellent, good life work balance
Cons
poor management in HR, C-level
It was just ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 27, 2017
The job itself was rather easy: answering phones, taking orders, etc. I had to leave because my hours went from 30-35/week down to 7-10/week. Just couldn't stay w/those hours.
Pros
employee discount on merchandise
Cons
low pay/hours
Overall Good
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 23, 2017
The company, workplace atmosphere, and personnel are all wonderful. The management team is knowledgeable, and will provide you with the tools for advancement. The company is currently making a change that is affecting many people in the worst of ways, cutting of hours.
Worker
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 12, 2017
Most of the co-workers are nosey and can't keep things to themselves.
Perception of some individuals are taken as fact by the management instead of the actual facts.
Not much room for advancement.
Fun place to work
Personalization Operator (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 13, 2017
Rewarding work, but pay is low and they do not offer full time work.
Great people in the work force. Hours depend on the orders placed and the hour restrictions.
Pros
Wellness activities, healthcare
Cons
Not many full time opportunities.
Terrible work ethics and system
Call center Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 29, 2017
Of all places, Silver Star brands is by far one of the worst places I have worked. I dont mind call centers, but the way that this company runs their system is absolutely horrible and unfair to their employees. The management team were not supportive at all and were very condescending whenever associates did not meet our quota. We were expected to end calls if we went over our "time limit" with a customer. They really do not care about quality of work, rather, they cared more about quantity. Keep in mind, majority of our customers were the elderly who had hard times reading and speaking which took up most of our time, an average of 10 minutes, but Silver Star Brands expected under 2 minutes per customer. Not to mention, their lack or remorse or understanding of life when sick or ill or family related emergencies. They expected associates to pick the call center before anything else. Terrible company and management!
Nice place to work
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 1, 2017
This is a good job if you are looking for something stable and have positive people to train you. There were many fun perks about working here and you could always take overtime if you wanted to have a little extra cash.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silver Star Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight