Silverado Employee Reviews

Poor Management and No Advancement
Personal Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAApril 19, 2018
Working at Silverado was very stressful because you are on a fixed schedule which doesn't allow time adjustments for outside appointments or traffic. I drove over 98 miles (one way ) to help out one of the other Silverado offices and they weren't going to pay me mileage. I had to have corporate step in and handle the situation.
The other problems is that unless you actually are a CNA that is employed by a specific community, you don't mean anything to them (even though you end up doing all the work). There is no room for advancement nor field support.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Driving a lot of miles, no field support, no consistency, poor management
great location.
Director of Health Services (Former Employee) –  Belmont, CAApril 16, 2018
too much demands from resource team and family members, need more staff to assist and meet resident's needs and demands,lot's of off site meetings that prevented me from my day to day job and responsibilities .
educational
Student VN (Former Employee) –  New Port Beach CAApril 11, 2018
Clinician's at this facility was very challenging and educational. I learn pare care skills and medication administration. I enjoyed my instructor. She was very knowledgeable.
Very relaxed, laid back bar
Bartender/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tomahawk, WI 54487April 9, 2018
It was a fun and relaxing bar to work in. Certain times of the year got pretty busy and stressful. Owners did not pay the best and did not manage very well. Overall the company was decent.
Pros
fun people to serve
Cons
management was lacking.
People are very collabrative and help each ohter. Managemenet I not caring of employees
Spiritual Care Counselor, Chaplain (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2018
I enjoyed working with my colleagues who were extremely friendly and collaborative. The amount of paperwork beyond writing case notes was monumental--extremely time consuming. While there is a good ethic of caring for patients, it is being degraded by the press of increasing patient load and number of patient visitations per day . When it comes to administration backing an employee, the administration cannot be counted on to advocate for the employee.
Cons
lots of paperwork and long hours
Stressful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXApril 5, 2018
Take care of the residents including bathing, grooming, feeding or any other needs they have. Slight cleaning and engaging with the residents to make them feel like they are at home
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Pay
Great culture
Director of Patient Care Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2018
The culture at Silverado is great, and different from many other companies I've worked for. They have been more sensitive to creating a culture where you can thrive in your career, and this came from the very top all the way down.
Pros
Great pay, supportive
Pretty good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, ILMarch 26, 2018
Management needs to get on the same page about many things. They don't follow through with what they say. Pay could be better for all the work we do. Overall good company.
Forward Thinking Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMarch 25, 2018
Leader in Memory Care. Mission is to change the way the world treats people with dementia. Lofty goal and they do everything they can to walk the talk!
Pros
A lot of Support to be successful
Cons
not enough training for new employees
Taking down Reviews
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILMarch 21, 2018
It seems that someone is taking down the reviews of this company. This company is all about the money and not the employees or residents. The caregivers work very hard and are fantastic. If you do not agree with leadership, they will find a way to remove you. No personal gratitude for hours worked. Staff is constantly "short" from turnover. That will tell the story right there. Don't go to an establishment that has constant turnover in ALL areas.
Pros
The Residents and Families
Cons
Leadership, Hours and how you are treated.

Want to know more about Silverado?

Ask a question
Too Strict
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAMarch 20, 2018
Management only worried about the residents’ family members possibly suing on a constant basis. They want the workers to feel like they’re owned by the residents and their families, constantly criticisizing their habits and would automatically judge on the smallest abnormality.
Poor communication
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMarch 19, 2018
Poor communication between management and staff. Unprofessional and unorganized management. Low morale amongst staff. Lack of team work. Discriminatory behavior amongst management staff.
Management is the worse
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 18, 2018
Management is really unprofessional and doesn’t know how to take care of residents or family members or how to help their employees. They talk to family members in an unrespectful way they yell at them to get their point across and when management is having a bad day they make sure everyone is having a bad day
Awesome job horrible management
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 13, 2018
I would recommend this company at any given time, however specific locations are not great enviornments to work in. Poor management and also some very poor staff.
I am just a volunteer
Dementia care specialist-HOSPICE VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 9, 2018
I chose this facility to volunteer at because I like the balance of freedom and nursing care they give their patients. I am hoping to be employed there part time in a year or two.
Pros
Lots of space for walk-abouts. Many activities.
Cons
I wish I could work there part-part time but they mostly have long crazy shifts.
Just a volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Onion Creek Memory Care, Austin TXMarch 8, 2018
I VOLUNTEER here hoping to get a paid position someday because I really like the freedom they give the patients along with plenty of medical staff handy.
Pros
Kind and cooperative staff
Cons
Hours are way too long.
Very good place to work.
On-Call RN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 6, 2018
Wonderful place to work with one exception. Benefits. The health insurance isn't a good package and I am forced to purchase my own health insurance. Good working relationship with immediate supervisor.
Pros
Have a good working relationship with management.
Cons
health insurance isn't good
Depends on you.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 4, 2018
This company has many pros and cons. From my experience one of the biggest cons is the drama and lack of leadership. The management team tends to feed into the drama. A pro is that you get to see many stages of dementia and begin to be able to identify different types based on characteristics. There is a very high employee turnover rate, which is really sad for the residents and their families. The turnover rate was not just in the caregiver aspect but in management also. Anyone is capable of enjoying this job it all just depends on your outlook. I loved it when I was there despite all the problems.
OKAY work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2018
Very enjoyable, Great place to work. Great team work, Great benefits, Great people, Great leadership team, Great atmosphere, Great pay, Great place to always grow.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Leadership has no Integrity
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2018
The actual Administror is never there and does not answer emails in a prompt effective manner. The "stand in" Administrator "in training", needs exactly that - more training. She is snide and has no credibility. The HR manager is untrustworthy and lies to staff to benefit Administration. I would not trust the leadership with my loved one. Be aware all that is cared about is the money made for the company.
Pros
The other residents and families. Caregivers are trying to do the right thing, but does not have support from leadership.
Cons
Leadership untrustworthy and only out for your money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silverado. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight