Silverado Employee Reviews

Nothing but corporate BS and horrible management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 18, 2019
Caregivers for most part are amazing. Residents(minus the ones that should be sent to behavior but Silverado is money hungry) are amazing! Management is garbage. You'll never get praised for good, only time they want to speak to you is when you are messing up. Keep you short staffed because no one stays, holds no one accountable for their mistakes and blames who ever is on shift at the time even if it wasn't the person who did it. Allow nurses to not pass routine meds, completely unapproachable. If you like your sanity and your license stay away!
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everyone is over worked and not getting any help
Culinary Aide (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMarch 18, 2019
The management was horrible they treat their associates poorly and that’s why most of their employees quit. And the culinary director is so rude and lazy no one liked him!!! Not even the residence.
Pros
The residents and their families are so amazing and I loved them so much.
Cons
Always short staffed
great team work, have a great experients
Certified Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 15, 2019
I have a great experients, people that work there are very nice . the great part working at silverado is that you could bring your childrens there and that make it easy for most parents .
Amazing residents
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMarch 12, 2019
It started off good when the workers got along and everyone minded their business. Workers never wanted to work together upper management never cared about the caregivers. Caregivers never had a say so . But the residents you’ll meet are phenomenal! There’s nurses you’ll love and there’s nurses who’ll do anything to get rid of you.
Pros
Residents, great activities, pay
Cons
No breaks, always short staff, poor management
Love < fear is a lie!
Director of Patient Care Services (Former Employee) –  UtahMarch 4, 2019
The philosophy touted is Love < Fear. This is NOT true at all! The top managers are not interested in the Love Factor and all they want is to maximize usage of employees. I was required to work 14 hours per day and still was not able to all the tasks assigned to me. Pay would have been acceptable for a 40 hour week, but that was not the case here.

I was harrassed by the Administrator and Corporate did NOTHING for months and months. Finally, they brought in a new Administrator who brought her own staff with her and many of us were let go with the only reason being "poor work performance." Corporate is very out of touch with the daily runnings of the business.

Very little acceptance of Work-Life balance. No Love here!
Fun & Fast Paced Work Environment
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2019
You basically doing everything here. Some just need assistance then others may need more heavier care. The directors were sweet and some showed favoritism, but for the most part it was a very fun and productive workplace. I recommend this facility to anyone who is just starting in the medical field. This is definitely a hands on job.
Pros
free meals, fun atmosphere, benefits
Cons
pay gets you by, occasional favoritism
great manager, amazing residents
Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXMarch 1, 2019
I loved my job here. the flexibility to create a meaningful activity for the residents was rewarding. My manager was fantastic. Hardest part was losing a resident when they passed.
Pros
free lunch, amazing ream
Cons
no room for advancement
Just, No.
Staff (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 26, 2019
The culture looks to be amazing. Love<fear. However the reality is Management is so disconnected from the actual day to day operation of the company. Lack of proper training. There is not true appreciation of caregivers and nurses, who are the true backbone of this company.
Pros
Culture between caregivers and nurses
Cons
Poor Management, lack of proper training, no appreciation
I absolutely loved working for Silverado
Resident Engagement Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 20, 2019
I have since worked at a couple other communities, and still have never found the same kind of special culture that Silverado has. I only worked there for about 9 months, but I LOVED my job, the management team, my co-workers and the residents. I think about Silverado and miss it often. If the opportunity arises, I would gladly work for them again.
Pros
Culture, team work
Productive and growing facility
CULINARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 11, 2019
It’s a company were u can grown in different job areas like if you need to relocate to another city or even within the city there’s always somewhere they can put you
Pros
Pays for scholarships
Cons
Health care went up
Employment Woodlands Silverado
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 31, 2019
In my opinion this location is very cut throat and management is very unprofessional.
Also with this company apparently you can get a promotion and relocate, same company, and that position didn’t work out , and you can call your old manager and get your old position back, which means the other employee’s hours will be cut with no warning and to be told infront of the entire front office staff. Also the entire management team knew if this and said nothing.
This company cares nothing for their employees and in my opinion the entire staff in all departments expect management are under paid for what they do and put up with.
Pros
Staff, residents
Cons
Management, pay
Decent place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJanuary 31, 2019
This place was very good at maintaining cleanliness around it's facility. They created a lot of activities for the elderly. The food they served for the elderly was also great.
Cons
the co-workers don't all get along.
Nice place
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2019
The work was meaningful and the staff were competent. The facility has a very positive way in which it cares for the residents. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Free lunches, great co-workers
Cons
Pay too low
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 25, 2019
Managers are not as organized as they should be but try hard to make it feel like they care about you. Coworkers within different departments usually easy to get along with but a few bad eggs.
Management Team
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJanuary 24, 2019
Management needs alot of work when it comes to communication . There are great nurses and caregivers that work at this community. Just hope they will get the right upper management that will turn this community great again.
Pros
Pay and Beneifits
Cons
Too Much Turn Over
nice
Director Resident Engagements (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Administrator holding me back. Need a change. Ready to move on to a different and better company. Some bosses hold you hostage. nothing more to say about it
Coworkers the best/free meals at the time I worked
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXJanuary 18, 2019
I really believed in the company. The owners come out to visit every year, to listen to our issues, good or bad. Their mission is wonderful. Unfortunately at my location the management was horrible. My department there was favoritism and they admitted it. No respect at all, never took any ideas to heart. Manager was smart but not for treating employees like adults. Sometimes would go and cry but stayed positive for the residents I loved. Caregivers gave me support more than my department. I was let go and was definitely my fault, sometimes you make poor decisions. I know for a fact my boss was glad about. As other employees have said, coworkers do throw you under the bus and lie behind your back. It turned out I was so much happier after I left, no stress and felt better about myself after working with such an unhappy boss.
Pros
Residents and coworkers
Cons
Poor management, disrespect.
Silverado ..
Ceritfied nurse asssitant Dementia care specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 14, 2019
I have been there for about ten years, the turn over rate for Managment is awful. Although the benefits are really great, it outweighs the poor Managment
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
Relaxed Family environment
Caregiver/Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Juan Capistrano, CAJanuary 13, 2019
The things I like about my job are:
helping residents with their everyday needs,
Checking vital Signs
Getting to know Residents
Working with my Coworkers
Benefits
Cons
days where there is Short staff
Former social worker hopsice
Social Worker II (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 12, 2019
I'd give Silverado a ZERO but that is not an option. Management not trained well at all, people don't recognize your work. Pay is decent, but that is it. DONT WORK FOR SILVERADO.
Pros
Cons
Everything else, management is a big problem, not enough training on anything. EMR needs to be changed...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Silverado. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight